ADVERTISEMENT

Top returning players in the region

Can’t forget about reigning 1st team all state and reigning Region 4D Defensive Player of the Year, Holden Fretz of E.C. Glass.

Also Foster of EC Glass and Persinger of Salem.

Last edited:
GW-Danville has a lot of guys with great potential this upcoming season. Even though there have been transfer rumors looming it looks like their big name rising Junior and Seniors are going to be coming back. Plus GW is getting a former player back who transferred up north to Potomac Falls after his Freshman Year but has had some great tape during his stint up in NOVA.

Wesley Graves RB GW (Rising Senior)
Willie Edmunds RB GW (Rising Junior)
Shawn Watlington WR GW (Rising Senior)
Jalen Williamson DL GW (Rising Senior)
Tylee Myers OL GW (Rising Senior)
Max Roupe OL GW (Transfer from Potomac Falls) (Rising Senior)

Should be a great matchup with gw. Glass returns their entire backfield. But I am more excited about what they have returning up front.
Bj Wheat 6’3 290 4th year starting
Carrington Harvey 6’5 285 started last year
Tyler Paige 6’3 240 started last year
Also they just got a transfer from Amherst lineman that is 6’3 290 and has good film.
Add in 6’1 245 Fretz at h-back and that’s a lot of beef and they are all athletic.

Should be a great matchup with gw. Glass returns their entire backfield. But I am more excited about what they have returning up front.
Bj Wheat 6’3 290 4th year starting
Carrington Harvey 6’5 285 started last year
Tyler Paige 6’3 240 started last year
Also they just got a transfer from Amherst lineman that is 6’3 290 and has good film.
Add in 6’1 245 Fretz at h-back and that’s a lot of beef and they are all athletic.
Yeah the GW - Glass game will be awesome this year. Saw on Glass’ twitter where they’ve had some big schools come through and see the 2020 guys.

GW-Danville has a lot of guys with great potential this upcoming season. Even though there have been transfer rumors looming it looks like their big name rising Junior and Seniors are going to be coming back. Plus GW is getting a former player back who transferred up north to Potomac Falls after his Freshman Year but has had some great tape during his stint up in NOVA.

Wesley Graves RB GW (Rising Senior)
Willie Edmunds RB GW (Rising Junior)
Shawn Watlington WR GW (Rising Senior)
Jalen Williamson DL GW (Rising Senior)
Tylee Myers OL GW (Rising Senior)
Max Roupe OL GW (Transfer from Potomac Falls) (Rising Senior)
Huge fan of Graves

Sherando will likely be down this year, but a lot of talented guys will be back on the field. Several younger players have shown a lot of promise too.

Keith Gouveia - Junior, OL/DL
Payne Bauer - Senior, RB/LB
Keli Lawson - Junior, WR/DB (has an offer from UVA)
Jackson Hendren - Junior, K
Jabril Hayes - Senior, WR/DB

Likely down? You just listed 2 all state players and a D1 recruit? Thanks for being modest and not naming the dual threat QB in your list also. Lol

Likely down? You just listed 2 all state players and a D1 recruit? Thanks for being modest and not naming the dual threat QB in your list also. Lol

Down from last year. The Warriors are still gonna win a bunch of games. :D

They might be down from last year in that last year's team was extremely good, but Sherando won't be a slouch! For all the love JoJo got (and deservedly so), Bauer was better IMO. JoJo may have been more athletic, but Bauer made that defense go. And that kicker broke our hearts right before halftime... Never in my life did I expect he'd make that kick after KR tried to ice him. Ice in his veins!

As for KR, they'll be unheralded, but their line is going to be mighty big. Logan Rapp, the LT, is starting to get some interest. He'll be a 3 year starter and is an excellent pass blocker. They have another young guy, Andrew Adair, who is already getting D1 interest as a rising junior. 6'3" and about 300 with room to grow.

Salem .....wood (jr) .........waller.(jr) ......collins..(jr)........twins brother dont no name..(jr) .......new qb transfer..... etc ...lol

Powhatan High School had 2 freshman make the All-Jefferson District Team this season.
LB: Chase Gayness Honorable Mention
DT: Wyatt Lowe First Team Defense, and Honorable Mention All-Region

Broad Run returns:
QB Mitch Griffis (Wake Forest)
TB Tim Baldwin (Three Star)
WR Romy Minor
DE Keysean Dyson
LB Chaz Allison

Tuscarora returns:
QB Ethan Gick
TE Noah Gick
WR Jevonn Gilyard
DE Matei Fitz
OLB Raynor Haveland

Loudoun County returns:
WR/OLB Joe Groves (Most explosive player IMO)
TB Tariq Sims
TE Luke McCallister
LB Noah Lokey
K Jimmy Kibble

Dominion returns:
OL Jimmy Christ (30+ offers)
Swiss Army knife Trey Hayes

Reactions: VolNation85
Dont no his name but he is young

Sounds like fake news to me. You say he’s “young” and don’t know his name but he’s one of the top returning players in the region? I would think a Salem fan would know the name of a Salem QB that is one of the top QBs in the region. At least tell us where he transferred from?

Reactions: aw19752
Sounds like fake news to me. You say he’s “young” and don’t know his name but he’s one of the top returning players in the region? I would think a Salem fan would know the name of a Salem QB that is one of the top QBs in the region. At least tell us where he transferred from?
I was thinking the same, but didn't want to be that guy. So thank you for putting my thoughts in your post.

SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY

Going back to the same ol argument about Sherando, they may win a bunch of games, but when it comes to crunch time, they choke, don't give me the QB was hurt, kid was suspended for a playoff game, enough with the excuses Sherando, PUT UP, OR SHUT UP. Tired of seeing it on here.

They might be down from last year in that last year's team was extremely good, but Sherando won't be a slouch! For all the love JoJo got (and deservedly so), Bauer was better IMO. JoJo may have been more athletic, but Bauer made that defense go. And that kicker broke our hearts right before halftime... Never in my life did I expect he'd make that kick after KR tried to ice him. Ice in his veins!

As for KR, they'll be unheralded, but their line is going to be mighty big. Logan Rapp, the LT, is starting to get some interest. He'll be a 3 year starter and is an excellent pass blocker. They have another young guy, Andrew Adair, who is already getting D1 interest as a rising junior. 6'3" and about 300 with room to grow.
According to UVA , the best LB on the Sherando Team is Lawson, they offered him a couple of weeks ago. I agree Bauer is a beast .

Going back to the same ol argument about Sherando, they may win a bunch of games, but when it comes to crunch time, they choke, don't give me the QB was hurt, kid was suspended for a playoff game, enough with the excuses Sherando, PUT UP, OR SHUT UP. Tired of seeing it on here.

Oh sorry, I forgot we weren't allowed to be excited about the teams we support unless we've won a state championship. How foolish of me. Won't happen again. :D

I can't say much about the suspensions, but injuries are legitimate. Show me a team that can replace a D1 player at QB. Westfield couldn't do it- does that mean they're not legit?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT