ADVERTISEMENT

Unofficial 2C Regional match ups

AntGZee

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2015
Any word yet? I'm guessing Martinsville will be a 3 seed.

Won't the conference tourneys be a big factor in the seeding? You can probably get a rough estimate but likely won't see a finalized bracket until all the district/conference tourneys are done.

Piedmont has a tourney but it means absolutely nothing for regionals. With 2 4A teams , 3 3A and 2 2A teams in the district the AD's decided on playing a tournament for the revenue and also where the teams who are going to the regionals wouldn't have to sit for a couple of weeks without playing. Championship will be Tuesday with Halifax hosting Martinsville. The Dogs beat GW-Danville 65-51 in Danville tonight and Halifax came back from an 8 point 4th quarter deficit to beat Magna Vista.

Last edited:
Here is what I was given yesterday:
1. Dan River
2. Radford
3. Martinsville
4. Gretna
5.Floyd County
6. Fort Chiswell
7. Appomattox
8. Nelson County
9. Glenvar
10. Alleghany
11. Chatham
12. James River
13. Patrick County
14. Giles

Radford beat Carroll last night. I can't imagine it was enough to move them ahead of DR.

Ok here's the whole run down for Region 2C. Remember, our region is broken down into 4 Pods
  • Pod 1: Alleghany, Floyd County, Glenvar and James River;
  • Pod 2: Fort Chiswell, Giles and Radford;
  • Pod 3: Dan River, Martinsville and Patrick County;
  • Pod 4: Appomattox, Chatham, Gretna and Nelson County.
Top 10 team advance - 2 per each pod and 2 Wildcards also advance - Seeding is done by overall record and points.
1. Dan River; 2. Radford; 3. Martinsville; 4. Gretna ; 5.Floyd County; 6. Fort Chiswell - Top six don't play in opening round.
7. Appomattox; 8. Nelson County; 9. Glenvar; 10. Alleghany - These 4 will play in the opening round of the region tournament. Alleghany at Appomattox - winner plays at Radford; Glenvar at Nelson - winner plays at Dan River in quarterfinals.

Opening round and quarterfinals will be at higher seeds, semifinals and finals will be at neutral site closer to highest seed.
Eliminated teams
11. Chatham
12. James River
13. Patrick County
14. Giles

So Mascot by looking at this Martinsville will play Ft Chiswell in the opening round after the playin games. DR will get the winner of Nelson- Glenvar and Radford will play Appo- Alleghany winner and Gretna -Floyd in the other quarterfinal game. Is this right?

I wonder what Radford or Dan River's record would be had they played Martinsville's schedule?

Boys is posted on the VHSL Site. Girls hasn't been yet.
https://www.vhsl.org/brackets/basketball/

Unofficial standings for girls (no idea how accurate)

Dogwood site says Nelson plays @ Giles.
Piedmont sites says Glenvar @ Patrick County

Hopefully girls is posted today. Were they waiting on Gretna/Chatham? Gretna won and either WSET or News & Advance said Gretna is the 2 seed.

ERZQHefWoAEpL3l

Seems odd that Radford would have to travel to Martinsville to play as the higher seed. I thought better seed meant a "home game."

From what I'm I'm reading, the semis will be at Bassett.

Dan River is the top boys team and Martinsville is the #1 seed in girls.
Both Semis for boys and girls are being played at Bassett (girls on Thursday, boys on Friday).
Region 2C girls and boys championship games
Tuesday, March 3rd at Averett North Campus (Grant Center)

Boys is posted on the VHSL Site. Girls hasn't been yet.
https://www.vhsl.org/brackets/basketball/

Unofficial standings for girls (no idea how accurate)

Dogwood site says Nelson plays @ Giles.
Piedmont sites says Glenvar @ Patrick County

Hopefully girls is posted today. Were they waiting on Gretna/Chatham? Gretna won and either WSET or News & Advance said Gretna is the 2 seed.

I got the girls bracket update (this was my Twitter post)
#1 Martinsville plays winner of #9 Nelson Co. at #8 Giles)
#2 Gretna plays winner of #10 Glenvar at #7 Patrick Co on Tuesday
#3 Floyd County hosts #6 Radford
#4 Chatham hosts #5 Alleghany

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT