ADVERTISEMENT

Unofficial 3B Boys seedings

James Monroe matches up relatively well in that region, though of course nobody has anyone who can match up with John Marshall’s Todd. I definitely believe the Jackets can play with Wythe, so if the final seedings do indeed end up with Wythe and Jayem #1 and #4, they’ve got a shot to be one of the two teams that make it out of that region.

1. George Wythe
2. John Marshall
3. Culpeper
4. James Monroe
5. Armstrong
6. Manassas Park
7. William Monroe
8. Brentsville

This region is about to be obliterated by GW and John Marshall
why is Wythe the #1 seed?

James Monroe matches up relatively well in that region, though of course nobody has anyone who can match up with John Marshall’s Todd. I definitely believe the Jackets can play with Wythe, so if the final seedings do indeed end up with Wythe and Jayem #1 and #4, they’ve got a shot to be one of the two teams that make it out of that region.
I disagree respectively. GW and John Marshall are in a way different class than Culpeper James Monroe. They play probably the best if not the toughest competition in Richmond. I look for a JM GW championship game

Believe it or not when I watched them play Potomac in January..Potomac threw two guys probably 6'3 and 6'4 (may have been shorter) at Todd all night. Frustrated him and he eventually fouled out. Play disciplined and smart on him. Marshall is a lot of run and gun...Play disciplined ball and they can be beaten. They're not as good as you think.

Reactions: CarolineCav99
Believe it or not when I watched them play Potomac in January..Potomac threw two guys probably 6'3 and 6'4 (may have been shorter) at Todd all night. Frustrated him and he eventually fouled out. Play disciplined and smart on him. Marshall is a lot of run and gun...Play disciplined ball and they can be beaten. They're not as good as you think.
I’ve seen it time after time for the past 5 years where Wythe and Marshall have came to Culpeper or played Monroe and cane away with double digit wins. What you mentioned is smart basketball and smart coaching will it develop and play out against those two from Richmond? Highly doubtful

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I’ve seen it time after time for the past 5 years where Wythe and Marshall have came to Culpeper or played Monroe and cane away with double digit wins. What you mentioned is smart basketball and smart coaching will it develop and play out against those two from Richmond? Highly doubtful
Don't doubt it one bit. I've seen Wythe and Marshall this year. Wythe is a better team but Marshall has more talent. Marshall is one of those teams that play for the Ball Is Life cameras and want to get their stats up. They may very well win this region but they better be ready for Northside, Norcom (you know they play their best ball in February/March) and Hopewell. No discipline at all.

Reactions: AntGZee and OCBoy
Don't doubt it one bit. I've seen Wythe and Marshall this year. Wythe is a better team but Marshall has more talent. Marshall is one of those teams that play for the Ball Is Life cameras and want to get their stats up. They may very well win this region but they better be ready for Northside, Norcom (you know they play their best ball in February/March) and Hopewell. No discipline at all.
Absolutely. That’s what I was saying about those two they play their best ball when they get a shot at weaker competition frkm the north. If that translates to competing with the east is something different and yet to be seen.

Armstrong almost beat #1 5a team Varina a few weeks back and then loses by 30 to that same team. They have some nice looking wins. Should advance.
JM won at Armstrong earlier this season without its best player in the lineup. Granted it was December, but having beaten the Wildcats once and done so without Michael Gray playing has to give the Jackets confidence. Should be an interesting matchup.

At James Monroe's best, they can compete with Wythe...don't think they have enough discipline and structure to win, but right now, they are playing like crap. I would say that Friday's game vs. Armstrong favors Armstrong the way Monroe is playing right now. Home court could be the magic potion, but they are stumbling down the stretch.

At James Monroe's best, they can compete with Wythe...don't think they have enough discipline and structure to win, but right now, they are playing like crap. I would say that Friday's game vs. Armstrong favors Armstrong the way Monroe is playing right now. Home court could be the magic potion, but they are stumbling down the stretch.
I hear Armstrong is pretty solid but just undersized. Their 2 best players transferred before the season to Life Christian in Chesterfield. Their JV team has size and beat Varina’s JV last week, which is really impressive. I’d think they’ll move some of them kids up. Wouldn’t sleep on the East End Boyz.

James Monroe will not compete against Wythe/Marshall. Eastern View beat James Monroe twice this year, and EV got torched by Wythe. Culpeper will beat MP by 40 and probably lose by the same amount to Marshall.

Reactions: OCBoy
James Monroe getting beat pretty bad by Armstrong last I seen

75-62 Armstrong over James Monroe
75-57 Culpeper over Manassas Park
George Wythe over Brentsville
John Marshall over William Monroe

Armstrong @ Wythe
Culpeper @ John Marshall

REGION 3B:
BOYS:
Quarterfinals (Friday February 16):

Game 1: #1 George Wythe 66, #8 Brentsville District 37
Game 2: #5 Armstrong 75, #4 James Monroe 62
Game 3: #2 John Marshall 104, #7 William Monroe 34
Game 4: #3 Culpeper 75, #6 Manassas Park 57

Semifinals (Tuesday February 20 at Higher Seed)

#5 Armstrong at #1 George Wythe, time TBA
#3 Culpeper at #2 John Marshall, time TBA

REGION 3B:
BOYS:
Quarterfinals (Friday February 16):

Game 1: #1 George Wythe 66, #8 Brentsville District 37
Game 2: #5 Armstrong 75, #4 James Monroe 62
Game 3: #2 John Marshall 104, #7 William Monroe 34
Game 4: #3 Culpeper 75, #6 Manassas Park 57

Semifinals (Tuesday February 20 at Higher Seed)

#5 Armstrong at #1 George Wythe, time TBA
#3 Culpeper at #2 John Marshall, time TBA
John Marshall 106, Culpeper 74
George Wythe 77, Armstrong 43

CHAMPIONSHIP
John Marshall at George Wythe

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT