ADVERTISEMENT

UPSET ALERT?! Ridgeview at Richlands

Ridgeview drives down and scores. Missed XP.

Personal foul on Richlands on XP. Ridgeview goes for 2 and gets it. Richlands up 16-15

Richlands gets to the 4 yd line and a false start on 3rd down. Cant get it in. Bandy with his 4th FG of the game. Richlands up 19-15

Richlands just content with field goals. Bandy gets his 5th. Richlands up 22-15. About 5 QB sneaks toward the end of that drive. Playing very conservative.

Ridgeview still trying to run the ball. Usually getting stopped at los or behind it. They have a great passing attack and one of the best receivers in the region.

Pass at the goal line and looks to have caught it diving forward right near the goal line. Refs literally don't know what to call it. Have to huddle for a few seconds. Calls it a catch inside the 1. No touchdown. Richlands ball at their own 1 inch line

Richlands runs a sweep in the back of their end zone and Ridgeview gets the safety. Richlands up 22-17. That one hurts and may be the difference.

Ridgeview 26 yd pass to Beavers for the TD. Ridgeview up 23-22 after failed 2 point conversion. A minute and change to go

I watched the end of this game ! Impressed with the ridge view team ! The Qb stands tall in pocket and throws well ! Great game and win for them ! Tough loss for Richlands but glad to see you guys back
And the QB is just a freshman. They have several good receivers too, with speed. If they only had a run game to go with it...

I watched the end of this game ! Impressed with the ridge view team ! The Qb stands tall in pocket and throws well ! Great game and win for them ! Tough loss for Richlands but glad to see you guys back
I know on paper, there is likely some kid in Va ranked higher than the Beavers kid from Ridgeview. Bradshaw is of course, but I think Beavers is the second best wide receiver I've seen in not just High School ball this year, but in the last 5 years. He's in the same region as Bradshaw and Bradshaw is absolutely elite. If Notre Dame is Bradshaw's pick, it won't matter. Bradshaw barring injury, will play on Sunday's. He's that good. He will start at Notre Dame by his sophomore year, and definitely by his junior year at the latest. With that written, I am completely perplexed that the Beavers kid from Ridgeview doesn't have 10 Div 1 offers on the table. He's long, lightening fast, has razor sure hands, positions his body perfect to make receptions, and is dang near perfect route runner.

In my opinion only, for anyone reading this, again, just my opinion, one of the best High School Football players in the state of Virginia that very few know about is Brandon Beavers from Ridgeview. Just my opinion from playing college as a defensive back at the Div 1 AA level, now FCS and covering receivers and studying them as much as I did my own position, the Beavers kid is a slam dunk major, major Div 1 future player. It's kind of unfortunate that Bradshaw and Beavers play in Class 2A. If they were at the Class 5A or Class 6A levels, they would be off the charts in recruiting (Bradshaw kind of already is, but Beavers should also be). That's how good I think the kid is from Ridgeview. Absolutely electric.

Reactions: Stabler1980
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT