ADVERTISEMENT

VARINA HIGH SCHOOL BLUE DEVILS!!!

FGWfptHXwAMRtle

Reactions: LionNation540
Congrats to the Varina community. A long time coming, there have been a lot of good teams put on that Varina uniform over the years. Way to go get it... Well done!

Congrats Varina and I personally feel this win is greater than imagined. I feel student athletes who were manipulated in the past to play elsewhere is over, and home grown community athletes will stay plus others transferring in. A feeder system soon….???? where Coach Lewis will have them in his system for SEVERAL years??? Just the beginning?!?!?!

FGrTcRxX0A43low

Cast your vote for Varina Football Head Coach, @mlew620, for ‘Coach of the Year’ at the inaugural RVA Sports Awards! To vote please visit: https://tinyurl.com/mlewcoty. Voting concludes on Jan. 15, 2022 and winners will be announced on Feb. 5, 2022! #BuiltOn5

Last edited:
Congrats Varina and I personally feel this win is greater than imagined. I feel student athletes who were manipulated in the past to play elsewhere is over, and home grown community athletes will stay plus others transferring in. A feeder system soon….???? where Coach Lewis will have them in his system for SEVERAL years??? Just the beginning?!?!?!
Very good balanced football team. Are they losing a lot? What's coming up?

VHS Fam-now that we have recognized our State Champs throughout this wk . A major community event to recognize & our Football Team is currently being planned by our DSA Coach Adams w/their championship ceremony. Please contact Coach Adams if you have any questions as more details are to follow.
FGz8Nm9XsAMKbTI

I agree !!!!

Reactions: springer76
Marcus Lewis was a great hire. I think Stu Brown was a very good coach and got Varina back in contention in 2019. He sent a lot of kids to the next level and kept that program afloat even though they were bad for 2-3 years. I think he’s often overlooked. He had to beat Loren Johnson, Dave Bedwell, and Patrick Kane to even get out of the Region. Varina has been knocking on the door for a while.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Marcus Lewis was a great hire. I think Stu Brown was a very good coach and got Varina back in contention in 2019. He sent a lot of kids to the next level and kept that program afloat even though they were bad for 2-3 years. I think he’s often overlooked. He had to beat Loren Johnson, Dave Bedwell, and Patrick Kane to even get out of the Region. Varina has been knocking on the door for a while.
Wow

Don't crown them too early. A team from the 540 might have something to say about that.
Salem should’ve played them last December. Would’ve been a way better match up than Broad Run. Lucky for Varina, they get PH which plays a lot like Salem. Physical, smash mouth brand of football. Salem will have one of its better teams over these next 2 years.

As I stated when they moved down.. Varina is due for about a 3-5 year run.
Kings Fork will certainly have a say about that.

Never a shortage of athletes at the Fork and they look like they could be bigger on the line than they were last year.

They only lost 4 games since the new coach has been there - 2 to Nansemond River during the 'COVID Bubble', and then Smith and Varina last year. Don't sleep on the Bulldogs.

Kings Fork will certainly have a say about that.

Never a shortage of athletes at the Fork and they look like they could be bigger on the line than they were last year.

They only lost 4 games since the new coach has been there - 2 to Nansemond River during the 'COVID Bubble', and then Smith and Varina last year. Don't sleep on the Bulldogs.
Was a great game last December. King’s Fork probably should’ve won. I thought Varina was a little bit more organized.

Was a great game last December. King’s Fork probably should’ve won. I thought Varina was a little bit more organized.
Frustrating that game was even in Richmond. KF had a game lost because of COVID. That's why they didn't have the points to host. Think it's a different game in Suffolk.

Crazy the undefeated boys basketball team had to travel to Richmond as well. Gotta think that outcome may have been different based on location.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT