ADVERTISEMENT

VARINA HIGH SCHOOL BLUE DEVILS!!!

FGWfptHXwAMRtle

Reactions: LionNation540
Congrats to the Varina community. A long time coming, there have been a lot of good teams put on that Varina uniform over the years. Way to go get it... Well done!

Congrats Varina and I personally feel this win is greater than imagined. I feel student athletes who were manipulated in the past to play elsewhere is over, and home grown community athletes will stay plus others transferring in. A feeder system soon….???? where Coach Lewis will have them in his system for SEVERAL years??? Just the beginning?!?!?!

FGrTcRxX0A43low

Cast your vote for Varina Football Head Coach, @mlew620, for ‘Coach of the Year’ at the inaugural RVA Sports Awards! To vote please visit: https://tinyurl.com/mlewcoty. Voting concludes on Jan. 15, 2022 and winners will be announced on Feb. 5, 2022! #BuiltOn5

Last edited:
Congrats Varina and I personally feel this win is greater than imagined. I feel student athletes who were manipulated in the past to play elsewhere is over, and home grown community athletes will stay plus others transferring in. A feeder system soon….???? where Coach Lewis will have them in his system for SEVERAL years??? Just the beginning?!?!?!
Very good balanced football team. Are they losing a lot? What's coming up?

VHS Fam-now that we have recognized our State Champs throughout this wk . A major community event to recognize & our Football Team is currently being planned by our DSA Coach Adams w/their championship ceremony. Please contact Coach Adams if you have any questions as more details are to follow.
FGz8Nm9XsAMKbTI

I agree !!!!

Reactions: springer76
Marcus Lewis was a great hire. I think Stu Brown was a very good coach and got Varina back in contention in 2019. He sent a lot of kids to the next level and kept that program afloat even though they were bad for 2-3 years. I think he’s often overlooked. He had to beat Loren Johnson, Dave Bedwell, and Patrick Kane to even get out of the Region. Varina has been knocking on the door for a while.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Marcus Lewis was a great hire. I think Stu Brown was a very good coach and got Varina back in contention in 2019. He sent a lot of kids to the next level and kept that program afloat even though they were bad for 2-3 years. I think he’s often overlooked. He had to beat Loren Johnson, Dave Bedwell, and Patrick Kane to even get out of the Region. Varina has been knocking on the door for a while.
Wow

Don't crown them too early. A team from the 540 might have something to say about that.
Salem should’ve played them last December. Would’ve been a way better match up than Broad Run. Lucky for Varina, they get PH which plays a lot like Salem. Physical, smash mouth brand of football. Salem will have one of its better teams over these next 2 years.

As I stated when they moved down.. Varina is due for about a 3-5 year run.
Kings Fork will certainly have a say about that.

Never a shortage of athletes at the Fork and they look like they could be bigger on the line than they were last year.

They only lost 4 games since the new coach has been there - 2 to Nansemond River during the 'COVID Bubble', and then Smith and Varina last year. Don't sleep on the Bulldogs.

Kings Fork will certainly have a say about that.

Never a shortage of athletes at the Fork and they look like they could be bigger on the line than they were last year.

They only lost 4 games since the new coach has been there - 2 to Nansemond River during the 'COVID Bubble', and then Smith and Varina last year. Don't sleep on the Bulldogs.
Was a great game last December. King’s Fork probably should’ve won. I thought Varina was a little bit more organized.

Was a great game last December. King’s Fork probably should’ve won. I thought Varina was a little bit more organized.
Frustrating that game was even in Richmond. KF had a game lost because of COVID. That's why they didn't have the points to host. Think it's a different game in Suffolk.

Crazy the undefeated boys basketball team had to travel to Richmond as well. Gotta think that outcome may have been different based on location.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT