ADVERTISEMENT

VARINA HIGH SCHOOL BLUE DEVILS!!!

Frustrating that game was even in Richmond. KF had a game lost because of COVID. That's why they didn't have the points to host. Think it's a different game in Suffolk.

Crazy the undefeated boys basketball team had to travel to Richmond as well. Gotta think that outcome may have been different based on location.
I agree. I was at both games and still can’t believe that the basketball game was held in Varina’s gym. I miss the old supersite days. I personally think all semifinal and championship games should be played at neutral sites for all sports.

Reactions: ForksUp
Frustrating that game was even in Richmond. KF had a game lost because of COVID. That's why they didn't have the points to host. Think it's a different game in Suffolk.

Crazy the undefeated boys basketball team had to travel to Richmond as well. Gotta think that outcome may have been different based on location.
Usually it's an advantage playing one less game due to the fact your points are divided by 9 not 10

Usually it's an advantage playing one less game due to the fact your points are divided by 9 not 10
Don't remember how it shook out numbers wise.

SouthEastern District has 3 Class 6 teams and 3 class 5.

Varina played 3 class 5 schools. Somehow ended up with more points.

Varina's lone regular season loss being to Class 4 PH. KF lone loss being to Smith.

I mean I think the coaching change put varina back in contention. The 29 years that I've followed Varina they are executing in All phases of the game, There line blocking, there running attack the receivers the defensive backs and most of all I was impressed by the downfield blocking on offense. It's all about teaching and the players executing.

I mean I think the coaching change put varina back in contention. The 29 years that I've followed Varina they are executing in All phases of the game, There line blocking, there running attack the receivers the defensive backs and most of all I was impressed by the downfield blocking on offense. It's all about teaching and the players executing.
Highland Springs & Varina have quality staffs. I admire the Springers’ staff because ALL of their coaches are educators. That’s why they’ve been able to consistently win and have the culture they have. I am a fan of the way Salem does things, but I believe Varina will run class 4 for the next 3-5 years.

Reactions: OCBoy
Don't remember how it shook out numbers wise.

SouthEastern District has 3 Class 6 teams and 3 class 5.

Varina played 3 class 5 schools. Somehow ended up with more points.

Varina's lone regular season loss being to Class 4 PH. KF lone loss being to Smith.
I can't find the power points to look up where the difference was. It's not about only losing one game. All of Varina's class 3 schools are given 2pts each to make them C4 schools. Then you get 2 rider points for each win by a defeated team. I would assume that this is where Varina beat KF out. Varina's opponents probably won more games.

I can't find the power points to look up where the difference was. It's not about only losing one game. All of Varina's class 3 schools are given 2pts each to make them C4 schools. Then you get 2 rider points for each win by a defeated team. I would assume that this is where Varina beat KF out. Varina's opponents probably won more games.
Varina would’ve gotten more points due to their opponents winning more games. Herm went 7-2, HS went 8-2 (Beat 6A Forge, Manchester and got a forfeit win over Chambers. Springers lost to 15-0 Martinsburg). PH Ashland also went 8-2. Varina beat Springers & Herm, and Herm & Springers beat PH. Varina wasn’t even the top seed in their region.

Reactions: SFUWO
I know it's only a scrimmage game Varina 20 Manchester nothing, Varina's running attack and passing games looks looks pretty good should have a great season this year

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I know it's only a scrimmage game Varina 20 Manchester nothing, Varina's running attack and passing games looks looks pretty good should have a great season this year
They've been solid for several yrs. Should be in Final 4 this yr with very good chance to repeat

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT