ADVERTISEMENT

Varina vs Hermitage Live Free Feed

Phoebus is pretty much a mirror image of Varina! As I just put in a post, both of you have below average to average offenses, but outstanding defenses. Phoebus starts a freshman quarterback that hasn’t really seen a good team all year. The Varina quarterback doesn’t fit their system, and that has caused their offense to struggle all year. Varina will have faced two of the best teams in the state by the time the playoffs starts, but I can’t say the same about Phoebus. That could be a 8-7 or 7-6 type game if they face. We will definitely know more about Phoebus after they face Warwick Saturday.
That’s been my whole point 😂 you give Varina that schedule and they’re undefeated and HS has at least two 80 point wins. Phoebus has played 1 decent team in Smith and the results were the same thing as what Varina did against a mirror image Indian River team. You give Varina and HS King George’s schedule and it’s probably uglier.

Last edited:
That’s been my whole point 😂 you give Varina that schedule and they’re undefeated and HS has at least two 80 point wins. Phoebus has played 1 decent team in Smith and the same thing Varina did against a mirror image Indian River team. You give Varina and HS King George’s schedule and it’s probably uglier.
I wish we played those schedules 🙄. Next year’s schedule might be tougher than this years but we’ll be better equipped because we being back 16 starters

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Of course, I would love to see Salem make it back to the championship. However, I need to see the balance on offense I saw against Cave Spring a few more times against better competition before I'm a true believer. I definitely think they have all the pieces to make a run, but there is still much that needs to come together before they are the favorite to come out of C and D (maybe it's just bad memories from the O and D lines getting owned against Glass last year). If they are fortunate enough to make it to Lynchburg, I think it takes an almost perfect game ala 2016 to knock off whoever's there from A or B, which I still believe will be Dinwiddie.
I think it's just bad memories but Salem has one of the two best OL/DL in their region this year along with JF. Glass graduated 2 All-State guys from their DL last year so they're not as good this year. I think Salem makes it out of the region and to the championship game this year.

Reactions: RKE Fan
Exactly. Not directing this at @BleedingNavy but I scratch my head at how people can drool over Phoebus playing pop warner teams in front of 30 spectators, Salem beating horrendous Hidden Valley and Cave Spring teams by 40 and say Varina isn’t a factor 😂 I watched King George Friday and it was probably the worst game I’ve paid to see in 3 years. Springs beat Herm by 30 but let’s not act like Herm wasn’t going to get that whipping by Varina in the beginning of the season, which is why they wanted the game last night. I expect Springs fans to talk 💩 but there’s not many teams in VA that can consistently score on that Varina defense.
Haha are you directing this at me? I own it if so Haha. 🤣 I don't get caught up in the quality of teams opponents a whole lot for the simple fact that teams can't control how good or bad other teams are. What I look at is how the so called good teams execute week in and week out, regardless of their opponent. The best teams in the state execute consistently regardless of their opponent. It may not always be the flashiest but they usually don't turn the ball over themselves, they don't have a lot of penalties, they have good special teams, and they can create turnovers. I don't have anything against Varina or any other team. I just think Salem and Phoebus fits this description the best with KG and Dinwiddie close.

Reactions: CavsGrad
Haha are you directing this at me? I own it if so Haha. 🤣 I don't get caught up in the quality of teams opponents a whole lot for the simple fact that teams can't control how good or bad other teams are. What I look at is how the so called good teams execute week in and week out, regardless of their opponent. The best teams in the state execute consistently regardless of their opponent. It may not always be the flashiest but they usually don't turn the ball over themselves, they don't have a lot of penalties, they have good special teams, and they can create turnovers. I don't have anything against Varina or any other team. I just think Salem and Phoebus fits this description the best with KG and Dinwiddie close.
nope, I wasn’t 😂 I would’ve just dm’ed you on twitter or something lol..

• Haha
Reactions: VolNation85
I wish we played those schedules 🙄. Next year’s schedule might be tougher than this years but we’ll be better equipped because we being back 16 starters
Nah bro, yall played a top heavy schedule plus Dale, Mataoca and Hopewell. IMO, it’s the most complete schedule of all of the contenders in C4.

I’ll say it again, 2 things can be true at the same time. Varina not being quite on the same level of springs bc of offensive woes but totally being in play for class 4. I agree Phoebus and Varina look a lot alike. I see both sides on the strength of schedule for Phoebus. I do believe Varina and Dinwiddie would have been undefeated with that schedule but that still doesn’t tell us who would win a head to head. I don’t think any of the class 4 teams can beat Springs so if Varina falls on Friday it won’t tell me anything unless they get run off the field. I think Phoebus and Warrick will be closer than some expect this weekend. I have gotten beat up a bit for this opinion but I still think Warhill is better than many think… but Cinderella Man is one of my favorite movies 🎥

If Phoebus gets those refs from last week your statement about penalties won’t be true😖. That crew is horrendous. 2016 Salem had 1 penalty a that was on a false start 💔😢. Mags was in his bag that entire 1st half. We adjusted but it was too late. Those 2 unscripted plays on 4th down in the 4th quarter Mags could’ve just took my heart out my chest himself 😔

The Maury game let me know when Dinwiddie is rolling they are a little better than the other C4 teams. Outside of a few bad turnovers Dinwiddie showed if they can score on that defense they will score on anyone. And while the defense isn't "lockdown" this year they still have the athletes to match the other top teams.

Phoebus is pretty much a mirror image of Varina! As I just put in a post, both of you have below average to average offenses, but outstanding defenses. Phoebus starts a freshman quarterback that hasn’t really seen a good team all year. The Varina quarterback doesn’t fit their system, and that has caused their offense to struggle all year. Varina will have faced two of the best teams in the state by the time the playoffs starts, but I can’t say the same about Phoebus. That could be a 8-7 or 7-6 type game if they face. We will definitely know more about Phoebus after they face Warwick Saturday.
Phoebus QB is not a freshman…I had to stop reading there. Y’all don’t know much about Phoebus I see.

Phoebus QB is not a freshman…I had to stop reading there. Y’all don’t know much about Phoebus I see.
I’m sorry,but their BEST qb is the freshman. The other one stinks. He makes the offense look JV ish! Their offense is just as bad as the Varina offense. The defense will only go so far before you HAVE to score on offense,and a good D like Varina or Salem is gonna lock that offense down easily.

• Haha
The only game we have to compare is HS vs Hermitage and Varina vs Hermitage... Varina was very fortunate to have gotten the W on Tuesday night, HS played Hermitage Friday night and was up 29-0 at half time and 36-0 in the 3rd qtr. with a running clock when HS pulled it's starters. Herm managed a td in the 4th qtr. against our backups to keep from being shut out! Compare a 36-6 HS win vs a 7-6 squeaker by VHS... the comparison is pretty clear!
2021:
Varina 28 Herm 21
Varina 7 Springs 6
Highland Springs 52 Herm 13

Can’t compare scores bro

2021:
Varina 28 Herm 21
Varina 7 Springs 6

Can’t compare scores bro
The eye don’t lie! I was at the 2021 game. HSHS and Varina BOTH played to stay healthy for the playoffs,and if not for poor officiating at SB,they both would have won the state.

Fact is…Varina has looked the SAME all year this yr,and has not improved from game 1! That’s a fact. HS has improved leaps & bounds since Miramar despite playing 4 games missing both power RBs since the Manchester game(one of them returned last week but only played Wr). The OL & DL have improved so much,the only one of them that didn’t have an offer has received his first offer. Now,every member of the OL & DL has at least 1 offer to play at the next level,and they are really playing well together(I keep in mind the level of competition has dropped since Maury). They really dominated both lines vs Hermitage!

Say what you want,but the Varina OL got manhandled by the Hermitage DL. Even blocked a 3rd qtr FG attempt!

2021:
Varina 28 Herm 21
Varina 7 Springs 6

Can’t compare scores bro.
Like opponents in THIS YEAR'S games. We're talking about this year, not years past. If I were going to do that I'd start with HS's 5 state titles in the past 8 years! You're grasping at straws, dude! LOL.

Last edited:
The eye don’t lie! I was at the 2021 game. HSHS and Varina BOTH played to stay healthy for the playoffs,and if not for poor officiating at SB,they both would have won the state.

Fact is…Varina has looked the SAME all year this yr,and has not improved from game 1! That’s a fact. HS has improved leaps & bounds since Miramar despite playing 4 games missing both power RBs since the Manchester game(one of them returned last week but only played Wr). The OL & DL have improved so much,the only one of them that didn’t have an offer has received his first offer. Now,every member of the OL & DL has at least 1 offer to play at the next level,and they are really playing well together(I keep in mind the level of competition has dropped since Maury). They really dominated both lines vs Hermitage!

Say what you want,but the Varina OL got manhandled by the Hermitage DL. Even blocked a 3rd qtr FG attempt!
For me Varina looks about the same every year. I get the eye test, but they’ve looked semi sloppy every year but 2019.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Like opponents in THIS YEAR'S games. We're talking about this year, not years past. If I were going to do that I'd start with HS's 5 state titles in the past 8 years! You're grasping at straws, dude! LOL.
We have a good JV game over on Messer Rd. tonight!! HS 8-0 vs Varina 8-0. This is a game that might give a little view of the future of these 2 rivals!

I agree. I was at the game and then I watch it again on the internet. I'm a Varina fan and some of those offensive lineman were being knocked around like ragdolls I used to think it was the quarterback. Hopefully they'll get it together by Saturday

How many ugly games has Hermitage and HSHS had? What does it mean today?
HS plays a very disciplined brand of football and when Kane was at Herm, they did too. That’s been one of the better games in the 804 until the past 5 years.

Difference now is Herm is on its way back to being a doormat and won’t be a factor. They also lost their 2 best interior lineman (both D1 prospects) and an all region linebacker to Highland Springs 😂 not to even mention the QB for HS is a Herm kid but Go Route 5!

I’m sorry,but their BEST qb is the freshman. The other one stinks. He makes the offense look JV ish! Their offense is just as bad as the Varina offense. The defense will only go so far before you HAVE to score on offense,and a good D like Varina or Salem is gonna lock that offense down easily.
IDK about that. 2021 Phoebus won the state championship game 22-14. They only scored 1 TD on offense that game. The other two came from defense. It's not common but it can be done.

HS plays a very disciplined brand of football and when Kane was at Herm, they did too. That’s been one of the better games in the 804 until the past 5 years.

Difference now is Herm is on its way back to being a doormat and won’t be a factor. They also lost their 2 best interior lineman (both D1 prospects) and an all region linebacker to Highland Springs 😂 not to even mention the QB for HS is a Herm kid but Go Route 5!
Martin has been at HSHS since he was a Freshman.

Springer’s JV defeats Varina 32-20! They remain undefeated. Varsity is up next!

Martin has been at HSHS since he was a Freshman.
Martin played at Brookland Middle though and grew up playing with the current Herm kids. I know the whole story about how he ended up at HS cause I was there (no HS didn’t recruit him). I was just poking fun at you. I’d go to HS too over playing for an unstable program so kudos to those kids’ parents.

Reactions: springer76
Martin played at Brookland Middle though and grew up playing with the current Herm kids. I know the whole story about how he ended up at HS cause I was there (no HS didn’t recruit him). I was just poking fun at you. I’d go to HS too over playing for an unstable program so kudos to those kids’ parents.
They tried their darndest to get him to Trinity,but ended up at HSHS

That’s insane! Varina’s JV team is loaded. Congrats to the young Springers.
It was 32-12 to start the 4th and HSHS put in backups. The HSHS JV qb is the son of former Henrico high state finalist WR,Hansom. He played with Princell Brockenborough when the lost in the 99 state finals. He’s got an absolute cannon to be only a Freshman. The future is bright for both teams. Quite impressed with Varina but HS was a little better tonight.

They tried their darndest to get him to Trinity,but ended up at HSHS
Yeah I knew he’d end up at HS though. He wouldn’t have started for Herm until his junior year. Bedwell loved the young man he had at QB at the time as he was big time. I don’t think it was a program changing loss but definitely wish he would’ve went to GA 😂

Just gonna drop this here but Salem's best LB this year isn't going to UGA.
Lol. That is in the eye of the beholder. I have seen Cole and Allen twice. That is a tough call, but I have to trust Georgia. They don't miss much. Have to admit #7 is a ball hawk and has the tools to play at the next level. Spartans fans would know best, so Allen must be having a good year. I know he has a few Mid Major offers do you think things will pick up? Speed and possibly being a tweener (weight) for a power 5 linebacker is his only possible deficits. Looks like he could comfortably add some bulk though. Tough dang kid!

@1MoreHokie do you think Cole will play strong safety or linebacker at Georgia.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT