ADVERTISEMENT

Varina vs Hermitage Live Free Feed

@VolNation85, I feel pretty confident @1MoreHokie and many Salem fans believe Allen is the better of the two.
I won't speak for @1MoreHokie, but will say there are a good many Salem fans, myself included, that would agree with him. However, it's a tough call for me. They both bring different things to the table. From what I've seen so far in person (only missed the Pulaski game), Allen has definitely been in on more tackles. There is rarely a play that's he not involved in, whether through a tackle, hurry, or other disruption. He certainly has a nose for where the play is headed and gets there quick. On the other hand, I can certainly see why Cole is so highly rated. The amount of ground he can cover in a blink of an eye is nuts. His wingspan is off the charts and he's still adding mass to his legit 6'4 frame. If you didn't see the highlight of him running down Gideon Davis from about 20 yards behind in the LCA game, check it out. Both Allen and Cole can hit harder than 99% of players I've seen, although Allen has more memorable plays in that regard. Cole checks every recruiter's box and then some. Allen checks plenty, but is slower and an inch or so shorter. That being said, I was really hoping VT would offer Allen, after watching what he did in the Franklin County game that Pry flew into to see Cole. Whatever one's opinion is, it would be hard for any high school football team in VA to make an argument for a better 1-2 punch from the LB spot than what Salem has.

I won't speak for @1MoreHokie, but will say there are a good many Salem fans, myself included, that would agree with him. However, it's a tough call for me. They both bring different things to the table. From what I've seen so far in person (only missed the Pulaski game), Allen has definitely been in on more tackles. There is rarely a play that's he not involved in, whether through a tackle, hurry, or other disruption. He certainly has a nose for where the play is headed and gets there quick. On the other hand, I can certainly see why Cole is so highly rated. The amount of ground he can cover in a blink of an eye is nuts. His wingspan is off the charts and he's still adding mass to his legit 6'4 frame. If you didn't see the highlight of him running down Gideon Davis from about 20 yards behind in the LCA game, check it out. Both Allen and Cole can hit harder than 99% of players I've seen, although Allen has more memorable plays in that regard. Cole checks every recruiter's box and then some. Allen checks plenty, but is slower and an inch or so shorter. That being said, I was really hoping VT would offer Allen, after watching what he did in the Franklin County game that Pry flew into to see Cole. Whatever one's opinion is, it would be hard for any high school football team in VA to make an argument for a better 1-2 punch from the LB spot than what Salem has.
Well said. I sum it up as Allen is the better LB but Cole is the better athlete.

And Peyton Lewis coming off the other side sometimes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT