Linebacker Grayson Overstreet Staunton River 12
Defensive Back Darrell Bryant Phoebus 12
Defensive Back Morgan Viar Brookville 12
Defensive Back Jake Dewease Lord Botetourt 11
Defensive Back Kalip Jones Staunton River 12
Punter John Michael Cassidy York 11
Punt Returner Adrian Watson Heritage 12
D. All-Purpose Cole Edwards York 12

Congrats BDHS 3 make All State Defense! Jake Cornwell 1st team LB, Conner Sides 2nd team DL, J.C. Wilbanks 2nd team LB.

The only 1st team All - State player in the whole Region. More All - State selections than the entire 3A district combined.

Great start!

I like how both CB for Heritage got first team all state but they got Burt so bad in the championship game . Smh The selection process is BS

@Pioneer 4life I know exactly why your are saying "wow" and I agree! I'll go ahead and say it. I would love to hear the rationale as to how Elijah Davis was not Offensive POY. His numbers were unreal! Set VHSL record for TD's in a season and rushing yards in a season. Overstreet is a great RB but Davis was clearly the best player on the field win HHS beat SR in the semis. I know how these meetings go and all too many times politics come in to play. Not saying that this was the case here but, I really would love to hear how they came to the conclusion that Davis should not be Off. POY.

At the same time, I am almost just as surprised that Adrian Watson and Kevin Moss both made 1st team at DB. I thought Chris Megginson was definitely the best DB for Heritage. What's your opinion @Pioneer 4life?

I am good with all selections but one. I am not going to mention any names but whoever knows the game, knows the real deal. Just frustrates me to see a kid get hosed.

I surprised to see Overstreet named player of the year. Davis was without a doubt the best offensive player in 3a. We will never know, but I'm with vol, I would like to know the rational as well.

Reactions: VolNation85
I like how both CB for Heritage got first team all state but they got Burt so bad in the championship game . Smh The selection process is BS
I was surprised that they made first team too but, being selected as all state doesn't mean a teenager is going to play a perfect game every game. All pro DB's get "Burnt" all the time, doesn't mean they're not quality football players.

I was surprised that they made first team too but, being selected as all state doesn't mean a teenager is going to play a perfect game every game. All pro DB's get "Burnt" all the time, doesn't mean they're not quality football players.
Really ?! U coach at Glass, did y’all get a wide open TD nobody around against them ? My son had 115 yards against Heritage the first time they played them. There DB’s not that good .

@Pioneer 4life I know exactly why your are saying "wow" and I agree! I'll go ahead and say it. I would love to hear the rationale as to how Elijah Davis was not Offensive POY. His numbers were unreal! Set VHSL record for TD's in a season and rushing yards in a season. Overstreet is a great RB but Davis was clearly the best player on the field win HHS beat SR in the semis. I know how these meetings go and all too many times politics come in to play. Not saying that this was the case here but, I really would love to hear how they came to the conclusion that Davis should not be Off. POY.

At the same time, I am almost just as surprised that Adrian Watson and Kevin Moss both made 1st team at DB. I thought Chris Megginson was definitely the best DB for Heritage. What's your opinion @Pioneer 4life?

Truth Be Told.. Heritage wins that game he wins hands down, he didn't deliver, only thing he did was beat Overstreet to move on to go get fitted for that Ring... So that's how it goes..

Truth Be Told.. Heritage wins that game he wins hands down, he didn't deliver, only thing he did was beat Overstreet to move on to go get fitted for that Ring... So that's how it goes..
LOL, “only thing he did?” The kid broke a nearly 20 year old record for single season rushing yards and he broke the single season TD record. I have no horse in the race because the team that I support is 4A but, Davis was clearly the better RB this season. Even Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles could have seen that.

Davis broke records this year, one of Overstreets actually in total points in a season. I know he holds the TD mark, total points, and rushing yards in season but career wise overstreet had the more successful and record book over time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT