ADVERTISEMENT

VHSL doesn't require Staunton to change all athletic uniforms at same time

EPJr

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2002
ATkIR7Qe

A name change for Robert E. Lee High School doesn't necessarily mean any additional cost to the district for new uniforms.

If the school board votes to change the name, it's possible for uniforms to continue to carry the Lee High name until they would normally be replaced, according to officials with the Virginia High School League. Currently, the school replaces uniforms on a rotating four-year cycle.

https://www.newsleader.com/story/sp...high-uniforms-changed-immediately/1036856002/

I'm not sure the name is going to change. There seems to be more Save the Namers than Reclaim the Namers, by my count. I hope they change the name because I'm tired of typing Robert E. Lee-Staunton and Robert E. Lee-Springfield.

I'm not sure the name is going to change. There seems to be more Save the Namers than Reclaim the Namers, by my count. I hope they change the name because I'm tired of typing Robert E. Lee-Staunton and Robert E. Lee-Springfield.
It has NOT been decided yet but the question was asked just in case
to find out what the financial impact would be.

Staunton's Robert E. Lee High School to become Staunton High School
YocLCaYd

STAUNTON — The Staunton School Board voted Monday night to return the name of the city’s local high school to Staunton High School.

The board voted unanimously 6-0 to pass a resolution that came after last month’s decision to change the name of the high school from Robert E. Lee High School.

School Board Chairman William Lobb said the public support for the Staunton High School name was the strongest. He said now the school district can move forward.

“The school will open in August of ‘19 as Staunton High School. It’s time to move forward and move on,” Lobb said. “We’ve been through this for several years.
hat it did to I don’t like wthe city of Staunton. It has had a negative effect.”

https://www.richmond.com/news/virgi...dQMPEF_FrSypE1OFKXuQNsJv3okPLchIxiIJGMl3KUUtU

Reactions: obguthr
Staunton's Robert E. Lee High School to become Staunton High School
YocLCaYd

STAUNTON — The Staunton School Board voted Monday night to return the name of the city’s local high school to Staunton High School.

The board voted unanimously 6-0 to pass a resolution that came after last month’s decision to change the name of the high school from Robert E. Lee High School.

School Board Chairman William Lobb said the public support for the Staunton High School name was the strongest. He said now the school district can move forward.

“The school will open in August of ‘19 as Staunton High School. It’s time to move forward and move on,” Lobb said. “We’ve been through this for several years.
hat it did to I don’t like wthe city of Staunton. It has had a negative effect.”

https://www.richmond.com/news/virgi...dQMPEF_FrSypE1OFKXuQNsJv3okPLchIxiIJGMl3KUUtU
What a relief! The second place vote getter was Queen City High. I was worried the Leemen mascot would become Queenmen!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT