ADVERTISEMENT

VHSL Helper

77 Hornet

VaPreps Rookie
Oct 22, 2008
We sure do missing reading the enlightening words of the VHSL Helper. Hopefully he'll be on here soon.

Well, I've been around on F/S, just haven't had much to say. Not into this as I once was and "free time" hasn't been as abundant the past couple of seasons.
A buddy/former co-worker had a stroke just before Labor Day and I've been making a 2-hour trek every Monday to help him get his stuff done for the local weekly, and it takes me a while to recover. Just ain't as young as I used to be.
But he's at a local place now for rehab, and it's crunch time, so I'll be around a little bit more.
Gonna spend pretty much all weekend working on corrections to send to C'ville - the master is still a mess and they do the ratings from it - LOTS of problems to fix, just in 1 & 2A West. I REALLY hope someone else is looking closely at the other 10 Regions.

Well, I've been around on F/S, just haven't had much to say. Not into this as I once was and "free time" hasn't been as abundant the past couple of seasons.
A buddy/former co-worker had a stroke just before Labor Day and I've been making a 2-hour trek every Monday to help him get his stuff done for the local weekly, and it takes me a while to recover. Just ain't as young as I used to be.
But he's at a local place now for rehab, and it's crunch time, so I'll be around a little bit more.
Gonna spend pretty much all weekend working on corrections to send to C'ville - the master is still a mess and they do the ratings from it - LOTS of problems to fix, just in 1 & 2A West. I REALLY hope someone else is looking closely at the other 10 Regions.
Do those problems in 2A west include Grundy/River View, WV and Bartlett Yancey's 9 game schedule from the master?

weeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
.you forgot Bluefield.
So, after checking, I saw that the ratings are done from the Master Schedule, which is A MESS!!!!
I made a list which I'm going to send shortly of over 100 things that are incorrect, just with 1/2A West and their opponents.
Don't know if they'll get them all fixed b4 they run new ratings (or even try), or do 2 runs this week.
Set me WAY behind on my stuff. Haven't even started the cheat sheets yet, and I want to verify everything b4 I do, so I seriously doubt they'll be posted b4 Saturday.

Last edited:
Now I know how Oprah feels,,,,,,
YOU get a point, and YOU get a point,, and Union gets TWO points, and Richlands gets FOUR points.....

Reactions: Union_Fan
weeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
.you forgot Bluefield.
So, after checking, I saw that the ratings are done from the Master Schedule, which is A MESS!!!!
I made a list which I'm going to send shortly of over 100 things that are incorrect, just with 1/2A West and their opponents.
Don't know if they'll get them all fixed b4 they run new ratings (or even try), or do 2 runs this week.
Set me WAY behind on my stuff. Haven't even started the cheat sheets yet, and I want to verify everything b4 I do, so I seriously doubt they'll be posted b4 Saturday.
Yes, I did! Bluefield's schedule is all jacked up.

Will you ever use this page again?
http://www.angelfire.com/va/vhsl/news.html

within 48 hours, I really hope.

VHSL will make adjustments this morning to 1A & 2A West numbers (adding missing OoS games), so the new ratings will be pretty accurate. My first run always has bugs, so I'm waiting to compare.

finally got some stuff up. only ratings discrep left in 1/2A West is Grundy missing 2 pts.

Hey Helper, Gate City is 3-1 in the Mountain District, not 3-2. (It probably doesn't matter). Not sure where everyone is getting that from. The VHSL even has it wrong on rankings they put out.

Hey Helper, Gate City is 3-1 in the Mountain District, not 3-2. (It probably doesn't matter). Not sure where everyone is getting that from. The VHSL even has it wrong on rankings they put out.

Looks like they have Abingdon listed as a district game on the Master Schedule, so that must be where they are getting it from. Abingdon won't be in their district until next season, correct?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT