ADVERTISEMENT

VHSL ratings

Hang on gang, the ratings will most likely not come out until Tuesday.

The League is working hard to get the information compiled, and reviewed for accuracy. The weather induced chaos has made it difficult, but Mrs. Bickley at the League office, has been working on gathering and inputting the data all weekend.

We may get lucky, and a draft copy may be available to be posted this evening, but don‘t get your hopes too high.

Yeah, with all that I didn't even attempt this week. Too much confusion, especially with the official due out.

Yeah, with all that I didn't even attempt this week. Too much confusion, especially with the official due out.
It WILL come out tomorrow.

LOL, I wish I had the time and ability to produce an official looking, but totally bogus rankings. I bet the boards would explode before I could say it was all a joke.

• Haha
Reactions: oldfool2
What is the tiebreaker that is used if at the end of the season two teams are tied in regional weekly ratings?

If KG beats Massopponax on Tuesday they will pick up 28 more points and have a rating of 27.20. I may be wrong, but I tried.
crowley GIF

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
What is the tiebreaker that is used if at the end of the season two teams are tied in regional weekly ratings?
That may vary by region, as each region can determine selection. In past years in our region, I seem to remember head-to-head is first, and then maybe record in region games. I also remember there are not a lot of steps before random draw.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
That may vary by region, as each region can determine selection. In past years in our region, I seem to remember head-to-head is first, and then maybe record in region games. I also remember there are not a lot of steps before random draw.
That’s the old way! VHSL points determines seating in EVERY region in VA now. Head to head no longer matters unless there is a tie in VHSL points.

That’s the old way! VHSL points determines seating in EVERY region in VA now. Head to head no longer matters unless there is a tie in VHSL points.
I disagree to a point. And I don’t think what you were saying is in difference to this? The region, and the region alone decides how they provide a state semi final contestant. If the region chose to use the VHSL points and thus the VHSL tiebreaker system, then that is the way it will be. But, they could use virtually any method you can imagine. The VHSL does not mandate ANY system or method. Including tie breaking methods.

The specific question asked "what if there is a tie?" Also, explain Region 4C?(it uses district records) I'll hang up and listen.

If a region decides to use the VHSL system, it’s what is spelled out in the handbook. I’ll try to copy and paste.

68-4-8 Regional Playoff Representation-There shall be four regions for each clas- sification consisting of no more than 8 playoff teams in each region.
(1) District champions will not automatically advance to the regional playoffs. All ties, including seeding ties, between or among any teams eligible to participate in the regional play-off series shall be resolved by applying the following provisions in the order listed:
(a) The Rating Scale-Considering all regular season games played against public and non-public Virginia schools and scheduled in accordance with the provisions of 68-4-6.
(b) The winner of any games between the two tied teams if only the tied teams are involved. If more than two teams tied, and one of the tied teams beat all other tied teams, that team shall advance.
(c) The team with the better record against all common opponents.
(d) A team that played an opponent with an effective nine (9) game schedule (non-recognized opponent, i.e., home school or out-of-state non-public school, or inability to schedule/play a 10th game) shall be seeded ahead of a school whose opponents play 10 game schedules.
(e) Schools that played an opponent with nine-game schedules shall be seeded ahead of opponents who played 10-game schedules.
(f) The team with the highest winning percentage against rating scale- recognized opponents.
(g) The team with the higher average rating of all of each team's opponents.
(h) The team with the higher average rating of all of each team's VHSL public and VHSL non-public school opponents.
(i) The regional chairman, or his/her alternate if his/her school is involve shall draw by lot to determine participation.

Reactions: BleedingNavy

VHSL Releases Week 7 Power Ratings (10/10/2022)​

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT