ADVERTISEMENT

VISAA Ratings Week 6

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
Click Here for Link

http://www.visaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/visaa-fb-2016-6.pdf

Two-time defending State champion Benedictine has leap-frogged to the top of the latest VISAA D1 football ratings. Collegiate fell to 4th after a very good effort against Collegiate. Two Northern region schools (St Stephens-St Agnes and Flint Hill) fill out the top four.

The D2 top four remained pretty much the same as last week with Undefeated Atlantic Shores maintaining the top spot. North Cross remains #2 while Isle of Wight and Randolph Macon swapped spots. Norfolk Christian is tied with the Chargers for 4th place.

Finally, Fuqua School, after their impressive win over Isle of Wight, is at the top of the D3 ratings. The Falcons improved to 4-0 but have three tough games in a row in October. Quantico, Roanoke catholic and Richmond Christian are holding the other three playoff slots.

57f4cd52dd77e-fuqua1.jpg

If Atlantic Shores beats Norfolk Academy this weekend looks like they will more than likely be the top seed in D2 playoffs if both Shores and North Cross win out. Big points game for Shores.

If Atlantic Shores beats Norfolk Academy and wins out, they deserve to be the top seed in D2.

Not sure I agree with that statement there. If North Cross goes undefeated, they will have beat Blue Ridge, Roanoke Catholic, and Fuqua. Shores biggest 3 wins would be Norfolk Academy, Fuqua, and Isle of Wight. Based on the toughness of the schedules, I would favor North Cross as the top ranked team in D2. Blue Ridge, even though they are D2 is a tougher win than D1 Norfolk Academy.

Well, it would not be a great injustice either way. Interesting that recently D4 opponents are more prominent opponents this year than many of the traditional D2 opponents. Traditional D2 powers like Church, STAB, VES, NSA, FCS, all not having stellar seasons.

Still a lot of football left and looking to see who will slip up. Given the likelihood of Shores and North Cross making playoffs, I see four teams for two spots, IOW, Norfolk Christian, RMA, and Blue Ridge. Each needs to win out to assure themselves of a spot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT