ADVERTISEMENT

Warren County

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is he and what has he done? I know he is from down south but that's about it for me

Yes yes, BUT , what has he done? Can he bring the town together like Tallent did? That's the question

Well his first big move was firing Coach O and Coach Hare this evening.....so that's the first thing that he has done.....

Here is the deal, he was a offensive assistant at a decent 3A school down around Salem. He probably knows football well. But this is his first head coaching job , so he will be in a position of authority and getting players and coaches to perform at highest potential. I hope he is successful, but he has a big job ahead of him. In Virginia 3A and 4A the head coaching job has graduated into a year around position , grossly underpaid , and you have to have a pure love for the game, not the money. His success will be determined by how well he graduates into a leadership roll from a assistant roll. You will know if he is into it if you start seeing WC showing up at off season 7x7's, if there is a buzz on athletes. Etc... That's when you know when a coach is working. The wins will come in a few years if that is happening .

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
So if he is like Tallent...
he'll luck into a Gage Steele/T Post situation... Claim to be loyal to WC while interviewing everywhere each year... leave town while also getting the AD fired, stumble, stumble, "promotion" to Asst. AD...

I'm not saying he's a bad coach, but the guy thinks he's Saban/Belichick/Lombardi all rolled into one...

Best of luck Coach Bush...

Your right. Gage and Tyler did it all themselves with no help from the other kids or coaches......next time you wanna talk about someone stumbling in or drop names like Steele and Post. Why don't you ask them their opinions first......and this is coming from one of the guys who was fired and been at WC since Day 1.......might wanna rethink things before you bring others into it.....ive been at the Top with WC and the bottom and no one player did it all by themselves......if you don't believe me go ahead and ask Post and Steele I got their numbers if you need them

Reactions: hamspear
Your right. Gage and Tyler did it all themselves with no help from the other kids or coaches......next time you wanna talk about someone stumbling in or drop names like Steele and Post. Why don't you ask them their opinions first......and this is coming from one of the guys who was fired and been at WC since Day 1.......might wanna rethink things before you bring others into it.....ive been at the Top with WC and the bottom and no one player did it all by themselves......if you don't believe me go ahead and ask Post and Steele I got their numbers if you need them
One player don't make a team, programs make a team

I totally agree.....the Coaches and Players that were a part of those teams with Steele and Post were and are a family.

Well his first big move was firing Coach O and Coach Hare this evening.....so that's the first thing that he has done.....

Looks to be a solid decision to me. They're both taking the mature route, posting everything on social media like a 13 year old girl.

Well gohoos5 I'm a little older than a 13 year old girl. And just to be clear this is Coach O. I don't want to hide behind a user name. And also to be clear o didn't post anything on social media that isn't public knowledge. I didn't say anything rude or disrespectful. Heck I told coach Bush and Mr Dike God Bless and good luck when I left the room. And I certainly never said anyone acted like a 13 year old girl.

Well gohoos5 I'm a little older than a 13 year old girl. And just to be clear this is Coach O. I don't want to hide behind a user name. And also to be clear o didn't post anything on social media that isn't public knowledge. I didn't say anything rude or disrespectful. Heck I told coach Bush and Mr Dike God Bless and good luck when I left the room. And I certainly never said anyone acted like a 13 year old girl.

Of course you don't want to hide behind a user name just like you don't want to "keep things hidden from the people you care about." You're the same self righteous narcissist you've always been. You need the attention. I never said you were rude/disrespectful. In my opinion, there is a way to handle things and you're obviously free to do what you want. But, going to Facebook to cry for attention is pathetic. I hope you got everything you needed though. I also hope Dike hires someone that actually possesses dignity and class. Guess we'll see.

I appreciate you taking the time to write in complete sentences but the beauty of a message board is I get to hide behind my computer/user name and be a keyboard warrior, right? Anyway, sorry to everyone else for the distraction. Back to talking some Warren County Football!

Well the last few posts about sums up what's wrong with Front Royal football the past couple of years, no need for bickering need the kids and community involved, let the coaches coach and parents parent.

Question is, how do we get back to that level?

Last edited:
Hoos has no football knowledge...the name says it all! And he def does NOT have a pulse of this community! Prob the jolly green giant himself. Go eat your crab salad... Oh and I guess thats why you called Bush a leprechaun and a Dabo wanna be....

Way to represent guys!!!! Its embarrassing just sit to sit in the stands sometimes and listen to the comments, how about instead of downgrading each other and saying who's kid is better, why don't we all just come together, let the coaches coach, and parents be parents. As much as I hate to say it, Sherando is the standard where we are, I may not like them, but I have to respect there program and what they do year after year. Don't you guys want that for Front Royal? Or just argue on who is the better play caller or who's son or daughter runs faster? Give me a break guys, this town will never be a winner with attitudes like that coming from the outside.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Speaking of Sherando! Everybody knows you offered that job to Sherando's DC and got turned down but then went and told the paper a bunch of lies.

Here is the way I see Warren County, got plenty of athletes , strong kids! Just look at the strides the wrestling team has made. But for a football program to evolve it starts at the AD then goes down. Barking about this coach and that coach on here will get you know where. Fans should join the booster club and provide support in every way they can including being supportive of the current staff. It's hard finding a coach that can be good for the kids , but also puts the work in all year long. I mean they don't do it for the pay. No doubt Sherando coach gets up every day at 5AM all year long , opens the weight room long before school opens and demands commitment from players not in another sport. If you are not there you do not receive pressure from the coach , the other players expect it, and you won't last long , guaranteed during football season. He keeps the players involved in team building exercises all year long not just in season. He also has mandatory weight lifting sessions after school during the correct amount of time. He also gets players introduced to college coaches, this keeps them motivated . It's the whole package, and not every coach wants it that bad. So give this coach at Warren County a chance to set the standard he wants there. He will need your support.

Reactions: Rev_Real
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT