ADVERTISEMENT

Way Past Due...

Aug 6, 2009
The people who have never played at PC and actually know and understand the history of the program really do will not get why more people than not are waking up to this good news. This is not about bashing a individual as some will and like to come on here and say. It is more about watching a once proud, competitive and relevant program be in a steady decline for over a decade. And during that time period have had some of the better athletes that PC has ever had and yet look at the results. The culture was TOXIC with James and the players ran the program. THAT IS FACT.. If you look at what PC was about in the 80's and early 90's Coach Hicks did more with less. That is not to say we did not have good ball players because we did. The reality however was that in most games we had less talent on the field than our opponents but were coached very well and were fundamentally sound. I have no clue who will want or apply but who ever gets the position I as many others are hopeful they will bring back the discipline, fundamentals and integrity that once defined PC football. And who ever it is if they have to keep the current staff good luck with that..

Reactions: freeatlast2013
The people who have never played at PC and actually know and understand the history of the program really do will not get why more people than not are waking up to this good news. This is not about bashing a individual as some will and like to come on here and say. It is more about watching a once proud, competitive and relevant program be in a steady decline for over a decade. And during that time period have had some of the better athletes that PC has ever had and yet look at the results. The culture was TOXIC with James and the players ran the program. THAT IS FACT.. If you look at what PC was about in the 80's and early 90's Coach Hicks did more with less. That is not to say we did not have good ball players because we did. The reality however was that in most games we had less talent on the field than our opponents but were coached very well and were fundamentally sound. I have no clue who will want or apply but who ever gets the position I as many others are hopeful they will bring back the discipline, fundamentals and integrity that once defined PC football. And who ever it is if they have to keep the current staff good luck with that..
Why do you say that about the current staff? James and Jones had to keep the current staff and not bring in their own guys. Are you saying that is the problem?
What made the Todd Jones years so toxic?

Reactions: freeatlast2013
Probably some truth to what you say but, with guys like Gary Clark, King Harvey, Todd Grantham, etc., etc., etc., your contention about less talent and "most games" seems at least somewhat of an overstatement.

I've been to camp (at Ferrum) along with Pulaski the last two years, scrimmaged against them daily, ate three meals and interacted with them daily. Granted this was just a week but I can tell you I saw nothing like what you have said of Coach James and his staff. I saw a guy coaching his guys up, pushing them, celebrating with them, and DISCIPLINING them when they got out of line. I played college ball with pulaski guys, I have a lot of respect for Coach Hicks and Pulaski lore but all this stuff your saying are excuses. I've seen these coaches at events both James and Jones taking players to get them exposure, to get them opportunities. I get that you miss the Wing-T, but to get on here and say things like Integrity and Toxic about men who do this out of love of the game and they're players reflects on the culture of the program and what you guys are about. A programs culture is more than the coach, it's the whole organization including the community.

Sounds like Meatchump has an axe to grind or sandpapered a$$. I would strongly question his motives as it seems that he is always bashing Pulaski coaches.I can assure you Stephen James ran his program with the utmost integrity and you may ask his players current and past.Last years defense was as good as we have had in the last 20 + years and extremely fun to watch.His winning percentage of .682 is admirable. He leaves the program in good shape and hopefully many of his coaches choose to stay.I played for Joel and have nothing but respect for both men as they have left a positive mark on the program.Regardless since there is a current opening at PC feel free to apply and show us your vast knowledge you seem to have as a Head coach.

I've been to camp (at Ferrum) along with Pulaski the last two years, scrimmaged against them daily, ate three meals and interacted with them daily. Granted this was just a week but I can tell you I saw nothing like what you have said of Coach James and his staff. I saw a guy coaching his guys up, pushing them, celebrating with them, and DISCIPLINING them when they got out of line. I played college ball with pulaski guys, I have a lot of respect for Coach Hicks and Pulaski lore but all this stuff your saying are excuses. I've seen these coaches at events both James and Jones taking players to get them exposure, to get them opportunities. I get that you miss the Wing-T, but to get on here and say things like Integrity and Toxic about men who do this out of love of the game and they're players reflects on the culture of the program and what you guys are about. A programs culture is more than the coach, it's the whole organization including the community.
You are correct it was ONLY 1 WEEK that you seen. Again another talking head speaking about something they know nothing about.

Sounds like Meatchump has an axe to grind or sandpapered a$$. I would strongly question his motives as it seems that he is always bashing Pulaski coaches.I can assure you Stephen James ran his program with the utmost integrity and you may ask his players current and past.Last years defense was as good as we have had in the last 20 + years and extremely fun to watch.His winning percentage of .682 is admirable. He leaves the program in good shape and hopefully many of his coaches choose to stay.I played for Joel and have nothing but respect for both men as they have left a positive mark on the program.Regardless since there is a current opening at PC feel free to apply and show us your vast knowledge you seem to have as a Head coach.
No axe and no chapped a$$ you say. It is apparent you know nothing about football by your a$$inine post. If you use the word integrity to describe how James ran things then your are ignorant at best. I find it funny how if you dont group think on here and sing kumbaya then you are bashing someone. Get a life.

Why do you say that about the current staff? James and Jones had to keep the current staff and not bring in their own guys. Are you saying that is the problem?
What made the Todd Jones years so toxic?
Never said the staff was the problem but certainly a part of the problem. The problem was the lack of structure and discipline. Those who spend actual time in the program know and understand what I am saying. Those on the outside looking dont have a clue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT