ADVERTISEMENT

We request your help.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
in case a few of you don't know the background on Mike Salem, I'll share a little of his situation.

Mike was stricken with MS some years back. Life has dealt him a challenge that would cause most of us to simply give up and waste away to nothing. Not only does Mike face his challenge head on, his spirt defies the trouble he endures in his daily life.

Simply put, I would be bitter and depressed, and hate the world. Mike is none of these. He accepts the situation for what it is and even told me he feels blessed in many ways. He is a lot better man than me, than most of us.

Now it's time to help our friend. If for no other reason than for the inspiration he provides us all. But, more to the point, Mike will have to pay for transport to and from Lynchburg to see his beloved Salem Spartans.

Let's help him with the cost.

And if we raise more money than is needed to defer the cost of transportation, let's just call it a Christmas present.

If you are a member, please contact me via the conversation feature and we will discuss the best way to collect and forward your gifts to Mike. If you are not a member, (why not), post if you would like to contribute, and we will figure a way to connect in private.

On behalf of our good friend and and a great inspiration to us all, thank you for your assistance.

in case a few of you don't know the background on Mike Salem, I'll share a little of his situation.

Mike was stricken with MS some years back. Life has dealt him a challenge that would cause most of us to simply give up and waste away to nothing. Not only does Mike face his challenge head on, his spirt defies the trouble he endures in his daily life.

Simply put, I would be bitter and depressed, and hate the world. Mike is none of these. He accepts the situation for what it is and even told me he feels blessed in many ways. He is a lot better man than me, than most of us.

Now it's time to help our friend. If for no other reason than for the inspiration he provides us all. But, more to the point, Mike will have to pay for transport to and from Lynchburg to see his beloved Salem Spartans.

And if we raise more money than is needed to defer the cost of transportation, let's just call it a Christmas present.

If you are a member, please contact me via the conversation feature and we will discuss the best way to collect and forward your gifts to Mike. If you are not a member, (why not), post if you would like to contribute, and we will figure a way to connect in private.

On behalf of our good friend and and a great inspiration to us all, thank you for your assistance.
I'm in. PM me your home address and I'll send it along.

Went by my friend's house tonight and dropped off a bit to help with costs. We both got each other more wound up than usual about the game. (I have LOTS of energy and spirit, right Mike?) Neither one of us may sleep we are so excited. Woo hoo! GO Salem! I am going to lose my voice before tomorrow yelling around the house already.

I will drop a check off in his mailbox like I did last year. Does that work for you?

Absolutely. On behalf of Mike, thank you very much.
Went by my friend's house tonight and dropped off a bit to help with costs. We both got each other more wound up than usual about the game. (I have LOTS of energy and spirit, right Mike?) Neither one of us may sleep we are so excited. Woo hoo! GO Salem! I am going to lose my voice before tomorrow yelling around the house already.

I can only imagine that you two were about as wound up as two kids at Christmas.

Thank you very much for helping our friend.

I would like to thank everyone for making it possible for me to make it today. I really appreciate all your help! I don't like having MS, but I am blessed because I have a wonderful relationship with my kids that I probably never would have had. My kids and many of their friends respect me, but also consider me among their best friends. I am fortunate to have had an impact on so many young people's lives.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
Momomule, you were wound up enough for the both of us! Enjoyed talking with you and another poster yesterday. I am a people person and I have enjoyed meeting so many awesome people. Thank you for your help in getting me to the game today. We're ready!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT