ADVERTISEMENT

Week 6 Thoughts

VaSportsJunky

Silver Member
Aug 5, 2024
Rye Cove has their machine running smoothly as they won in another blowout to set up what some may consider the GAME OF THE YEAR in 1A as they face off vs Eastside this coming week.

Altavista got the W over Appo but a 29-8 score seemed a bit strange when you look at the fact that Appo has not won a game all year. Nevertheless they won and kept their undefeated record and now turn their focus to Dan River.

Essex with a 70pt win over Charles City which is what we expected. They have a big time match up this week when they Face Rappahannock who also is 5-0. Can Rappahannock give the mighty Trojans a challenge? Based on some of this seasons results, that Trojan schedule has been a bit soft to this point.

Buffalo Gap went down vs Stuarts Draft but they are still in prime position to be a factor come playoff time. I think this team will be battled tested and surprise a couple of teams in the playoffs.

Maybe the biggest surprise to me was the fact that Sussex losing to Southampton in the fashion in which they did. 56-8 has me thinking that they may see a 1st round exit this year in Region B

West Point finally Scores a W vs Colonial Beach and looks to string a few wins together to make a playoff push.

Sneaky team to keep your eye on is the Westmoreland Eagles. They score a 47-40 win over 2A Madison County. They should have no problem unleashing that air raid when they face Colonial Beach this week.

Teams are starting to separate themselves from the pack and this week we have a couple of Top 10 Matchups to keep our eyes on. That fall crisp air is upon us and makes for some good football watching weather. Half the regular season is over and playoffs are right around the corner!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT