ADVERTISEMENT

Well…, It’s next year already!

We play Colonial Heights at their place on Oct. 11 they worked with us last year in order for us to play in the Ohio game with an understanding that we would pick it back up this year.
That’s a good deal. The Navy Nation won’t forget that Colonial Heights worked with Dinwiddie to give our team the unique opportunity to play on a national stage. And a tip of the hat to King William for playing Colonial Heights in our place.

The only thing that prevents cross bracketing is the vote of the four regions in each class. (But, the regions will only be reimbursed for the reasonable and ordinary expenses as if cross bracketing had not occurred.)
As BN was saying, if you want to see cross bracketing, let your AD and Principal know your desires. And don’t hesitate to find out who your Regional representative is, and reach out to them as well.

I would be hard to argue with the top 5 Bo listed above. Maybe play with the order a little, but they are all pretty solid picks.

What does Hanover and Powhatan look like next year.
Is it safe to assume Courtland will be…, well, the same old Courtland?
Atlee was only a little off this year.
Monacan will be better next year, but they really need to improve to be more than a stepping stone in the playoffs.
And Patrick Henry. I just don’t know what to think. They always seem to have plenty of talent. Nobody ever takes them lightly. But after this season you have to wonder what is holding them back?

Boy, it sure is a long time before August gets here. I make a motion to remove January through July from the calendar!!!
Hanover loses quite a bit on defense and a stud that goes both ways in Peyton Seelmann. I'm a little higher on Powhatan although they would be down below Huguenot, Varina and Dinwiddie in my book.

Atlee won't make a splash till a) another coach comes in or b) they can convince some of the Lacrosse players to play football.

Monacan and Patrick Henry... need to see it to believe it.

As long as you have Coach Mills and Harry Dalton, yall will be a contender for the region. KG was a tough match up for everyone this year but things will be more balanced in 4B this year. I want to see a Dinwiddie/Varina regional final in November 2024.
Dinwiddie-Varina would be great but I do think Huguenot might have something to say about that next year.

How about Henrico? You guys see any kind of turn around for them? (I don’t!)

Spotsy and Chancellor were four game winners this year. Any chance either could work their way up to a playoff seed? I was encouraged seeing Caroline play better than they have in a decade or more.

Conspicuous in their absence, are any comments about Courtland??? Any improvement on the horizon? Or, does their blue field give them the playoff blues again?

I’m not drinking the Huguenot Kool-Aid. A lot of individual talent, but they don’t appear to have that all important team “chemistry.” Maybe last year was a learning year and this upcoming season will be different. When I see it, then I‘ll take a sip.

Are #1 and #4 at KG both graduating?

Spotsy and Chancellor were four game winners this year. Any chance either could work their way up to a playoff seed? I was encouraged seeing Caroline play better than they have in a decade or more.

Conspicuous in their absence, are any comments about Courtland??? Any improvement on the horizon? Or, does their blue field give them the playoff blues again?

I’m not drinking the Huguenot Kool-Aid. A lot of individual talent, but they don’t appear to have that all important team “chemistry.” Maybe last year was a learning year and this upcoming season will be different. When I see it, then I‘ll take a sip.

Wiggins #1 Sr, committed to VT, White #4 Sr, committed to MD

Reactions: DinwiddieProud

Spotsy and Chancellor...no. Not sure about Courtland, in spite of a lack of creativity on offense, they do play hard. This year they had physical running backs, not sure if they return or not. That smurf turf is awful, and hard on the eyes in person.

Eastern View has picked up Huguenot for next year.
That’s a great pick up for EV. They will start their season with a game that will tell them where they stand and what they need to do to improve.

I was very impressed with their physicality against us. I hope they are dropping Class 1 Westmoreland? Plus the Battlefield has been less than challenging to them in recent years. You only get better by challenging yourself.

EV has been a dynamite opponent for Dinwiddie over the years. They give you 100% on every play of every game. Hopefully we get them again in 2024.

Reactions: General172011
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT