ADVERTISEMENT

Well…, It’s next year already!

Salem will have a bit of a fall off. Figure 7-3 playoff team but not a State contender. Offense will be fine but defense losing all the linebackers. Probably win 1 game in playoffs but lose second. However, Salem will often suprise.

Reactions: VolNation85
At Lafayette, some holes on offense but quite a few return, defense again looks top notch. This loss will be huge motivator.

Phoebus will be loaded again. Very interested who will step up with Jonathan Rogers to help replace Reddick and Stevenson. Money Hollier will be another special freshman for Phoebus next year. No doubt we win region next year because it’s set up for us to win every year until they add some more teams. Anything else after that is a mystery because i have no clue about the state.

Last edited:
As much as I would love to talk Varina bringing back almost their entire team plus some talented youngsters from JV, the Huguenot Falcons (not my team) do the same exact thing. I’m hopeful Huguenot can pick up an elite opponent in place of Tee Jay as Varina gets the juggernaut Freedom Eagles who’ll be riding a 30 game win streak in week 2. We’ll see some great football early.

G.W. Eagles, state champs! I kid I kid. Good luck to all the teams for an injury free off season. Yesterday was bittersweet, some great games but the end of the season!

Salem will have a bit of a fall off. Figure 7-3 playoff team but not a State contender. Offense will be fine but defense losing all the linebackers. Probably win 1 game in playoffs but lose second. However, Salem will often suprise.

Excited to see Persinger carry the ball, he's very fun as a runner, tremendous vision. Same with Coen Logan on receiving. I believe people have spoken well about the incoming freshman class, too.

Salem will start and play quite a few sophomores next year from this year's very talented freshman class. I think they will be better than people think after all the players they lose but do not expect them to contend for state championship. Coen Logan will be the main WR and will probably get 60+% of the targets and Persinger will finally get his chance to be a full-time running back.

As others have mentioned, the offense should be pretty good, the defense will be the big question.

Also, the incoming freshman class actually has some legitimate size for the first time in a very long time.

Salem needs to find some beef in those lines....either they don't have it, or the nature of the program runs it off of them, one or the other

As much as I would love to talk Varina bringing back almost their entire team plus some talented youngsters from JV, the Huguenot Falcons (not my team) do the same exact thing. I’m hopeful Huguenot can pick up an elite opponent in place of Tee Jay as Varina gets the juggernaut Freedom Eagles who’ll be riding a 30 game win streak in week 2. We’ll see some great football early.
So what’s your top 4 in B right now? Varina, Huguenot, Dinwiddie, and who?

It’s so hard to get any convo about that region honestly.

Sidenote: Wish the VHSL would cross A Vs D and B Vs C for state semis soon. I honestly think the A Vs B state semis will turn into “the real state title” game

Phenomenally arrogant post but I'd expect no less from East posters.

So what’s your top 4 in B right now? Varina, Huguenot, Dinwiddie, and who?
As far as who I think the best will be…
1. Varina
2. Huguenot
3. Dinwiddie
4. King George/Eastern View

How it’ll probably play out as far as seedings go:
1. Eastern View 10-0
2. Huguenot 9-1
3. Varina 9-1/8-2
4. King George 9-1
5. Dinwiddie 7-3

Reactions: CRF4Dan

Sidenote: Wish the VHSL would cross A Vs D and B Vs C for state semis soon. I honestly think the A Vs B state semis will turn into “the real state title” game
Salem has played the following teams Richmond east in state title games:
Hampton
Lake Taylor 3 times
Powhatan
Phoebus
Dinwiddie
They are 4-3 (if you count Louisa not quite Richmond east they are 5-3)
So just how do you figure that outrageous statement concerning real state title game???

Reactions: dblplaa
Salem has played the following teams Richmond east in state title games:
Hampton
Lake Taylor 3 times
Powhatan
Phoebus
Dinwiddie
They are 4-3 (if you count Louisa not quite Richmond east they are 5-3)
So just how do you figure that outrageous statement concerning real state title game???
None of those are Richmond teams 😂 take Richmond out of that.

SALEM and SALEM only has earned its stripes over and over. If the "west" (region C and D) posters feel so strongly about things then go to your administrators and ask for cross bracketing. Bet you don't! This happens every year. It's not an "East" thing or "West" thing for that matter. It's about NOVA having the voting power and Region D voters going along with the status quo. They did it in Class 6, because it benefitted NOVA and Freedom.

So if we cross bracket this yr
Tuscarora plays KG
Salem plays Phoebus.
I'll give home teams the win
We get another Phoebus vs KG game were Phoebus wins easily. Nothing changes other than the order Phoebus plays.
I've watched Salem win 4 titles and Woodgrove win one. So obviously the state championship is not in the semifinals.
I'm fine if they cross bracket but the notion that the winner between A and B will always win the title is not true. Phoebus had a great team this yr and it took a amazing play in the final seconds to win.
Teams from A and B have an advantage when it comes to power points as well. We don't have as many C5 and C6 games to grab extra bonus points. So we would always have to travel east unless they rotated the Regions

The only thing that prevents cross bracketing is the vote of the four regions in each class. (But, the regions will only be reimbursed for the reasonable and ordinary expenses as if cross bracketing had not occurred.)
As BN was saying, if you want to see cross bracketing, let your AD and Principal know your desires. And don’t hesitate to find out who your Regional representative is, and reach out to them as well.

I would be hard to argue with the top 5 Bo listed above. Maybe play with the order a little, but they are all pretty solid picks.

What does Hanover and Powhatan look like next year.
Is it safe to assume Courtland will be…, well, the same old Courtland?
Atlee was only a little off this year.
Monacan will be better next year, but they really need to improve to be more than a stepping stone in the playoffs.
And Patrick Henry. I just don’t know what to think. They always seem to have plenty of talent. Nobody ever takes them lightly. But after this season you have to wonder what is holding them back?

Boy, it sure is a long time before August gets here. I make a motion to remove January through July from the calendar!!!

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
The only thing that prevents cross bracketing is the vote of the four regions in each class. (But, the regions will only be reimbursed for the reasonable and ordinary expenses as if cross bracketing had not occurred.)
As BN was saying, if you want to see cross bracketing, let your AD and Principal know your desires. And don’t hesitate to find out who your Regional representative is, and reach out to them as well.

I would be hard to argue with the top 5 Bo listed above. Maybe play with the order a little, but they are all pretty solid picks.

What does Hanover and Powhatan look like next year.
Is it safe to assume Courtland will be…, well, the same old Courtland?
Atlee was only a little off this year.
Monacan will be better next year, but they really need to improve to be more than a stepping stone in the playoffs.
And Patrick Henry. I just don’t know what to think. They always seem to have plenty of talent. Nobody ever takes them lightly. But after this season you have to wonder what is holding them back?

Boy, it sure is a long time before August gets here. I make a motion to remove January through July from the calendar!!!
Why did C3 stop cross bracketing? They did it for A couple yrs. I believe it was 2015 and 16. Blacksburg won the title and Magna Vista won a title.

I have know idea why.
Why did C3 stop cross bracketing? They did it for A couple yrs. I believe it was 2015 and 16. Blacksburg won the title and Magna Vista won a title.
I have no idea. Again, it’s totally up the Regional representatives of Class 3 to determine how they want to arrive at their four regional champs, and how they pair them up for the semi state games.

Reactions: SFUWO
What are your thoughts on your particular team for next seasons?

Dinwiddie loses about eight players to graduation, but returns a tremendous amount of talent. We should be a serious contender again next season.
I gave you a shout out in another post. You are my favorite Dinwiddie fan! 🥳🙌🍾🍻🙌🥳🎉 I celebrate ya! Enjoy the offseason and I believe Coach Blunt is just going to rebuild another monster defense at Phoebus. This year's coaching job is nothing short of fantastic.

Salem needs to find some beef in those lines....either they don't have it, or the nature of the program runs it off of them, one or the other
It's definitely not the latter.

The weird thing is that Salem in the 90s had absolutely massive teams but not a lot of great athletes. Lately it is been the complete opposite though.

@catchtds your post made me think of this post from a few years back 😂 I can’t think of anyone in Danville who didn’t laugh at it 😂

1702266222.jpg

As far as who I think the best will be…
1. Varina
2. Huguenot
3. Dinwiddie
4. King George/Eastern View

How it’ll probably play out as far as seedings go:
1. Eastern View 10-0
2. Huguenot 9-1
3. Varina 9-1/8-2
4. King George 9-1
5. Dinwiddie 7-3
Not sure who our Game 1 opponent will be but I highly doubt we lose 3 games next year. Maury on the road will be tough but outside that game I don’t see any losses🤷🏾‍♂️. Be glad to hear your input on a loss outside of Maury. Also King George loses their QB and 2 impact recievers plus more. And even at 10-0 EV could still end up 2-4 because of their soft schedule

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Not sure who our Game 1 opponent will be but I highly doubt we lose 3 games next year. Maury on the road will be tough but outside that game I don’t see any losses🤷🏾‍♂️. Be glad to hear your input on a loss outside of Maury. Also King George loses their QB and 2 impact recievers plus more. And even at 10-0 EV could still end up 2-4 because of their soft schedule
I know y'all will schedule a juggernaut so
I’m counting that as a possibility and of course you have to throw in Dale/Mataoca along with Maury. I think Ralph Tucker and McDowell are huge losses even though y’all are gonna be very good. I gave each team their worst possible W/L record. I think EV will run the table and KG still has some solid pieces coming back to win 8-9 games on that soft schedule.

What’s crazy is, the playoffs may very well run through Forest Hill Ave next year. Hall leaving Manchester and the mass exodus at Bird could very well doom a 10-0 Huguenot team. Many won’t agree with me cause they don’t like Scott, but Huguenot will have the same kind of firepower KG and Dinwiddie has had on offense. Hate it or love it, those boys coming.

Neither Dinwiddie or Huguenot has a Week 1 opponent.. JUST SAYING 😏

Reactions: General172011
I would love that. Ima keep my ear to the street an see if I hear anything about our Game 1 opponent. Yeah not having those two work horses will be a little rough at first but with the entire backend returning outside of Tucker and with the DLine returning and getting more talent upfront I think we’ll be ok. Our Achilles heel was pass defense last year that will be much improved. Offensively we will continue to roll but defensively we will be much better overall this year that makes me really confident. Cant wait til August 😩

I would love that. Ima keep my ear to the street a see if I hear anything about our Game 1 opponent. Yeah not having those two work horses will be a little rough at first but with the entire backend returning outside of Tucker and with the DLine returning and getting more talent upfront I think we’ll be ok. Our Achilles heel was pass defense last year that will be much improved. Offensively we will continue to roll but defensively we will be much better overall this year that makes me really confident. Cant wait til August 😩
As long as you have Coach Mills and Harry Dalton, yall will be a contender for the region. KG was a tough match up for everyone this year but things will be more balanced in 4B this year. I want to see a Dinwiddie/Varina regional final in November 2024.

It's definitely not the latter.

The weird thing is that Salem in the 90s had absolutely massive teams but not a lot of great athletes. Lately it is been the complete opposite though.
There were some years they had a lot of great athletes such as 1991, 1992, 1998, and 1999 in particular.

We play Colonial Heights at their place on Oct. 11 they worked with us last year in order for us to play in the Ohio game with an understanding that we would pick it back up this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT