Well, what caught your eye this week?

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
JF shutting out Glass
LB getting shut out by Byrd
Sherando taking a beat down from KR

Matoaca beat the snot out of Hopewell at Hopewell. Those that saw the game said it might have been the worst game Hopewell has played in the last decade.

Millbrook losing to Jefferson, but I really don’t know how good Jefferson is
KF hanging 84 on Lakeland

Allegheny must be for real, took down a good Glenvar team pretty decisively

Class 3 Colonial Heights beating Class 6 Prince George handily.

If you like scoring, you would have enjoyed the Narrows game!

And last but not least, Dinwiddie giving Petersburg 150 free yards via penalties. That can not continue. Give that to a more capable team and you will be looking at a loss.

Oh yeah, and Monacan’s surprise win over Richmond City!

Just kidding mponape1, just kidding.

JF shutting out Glass
LB getting shut out by Byrd
Sherando taking a beat down from KR

Matoaca beat the snot out of Hopewell at Hopewell. Those that saw the game said it might have been the worst game Hopewell has played in the last decade.

Millbrook losing to Jefferson, but I really don’t know how good Jefferson is
KF hanging 84 on Lakeland

Allegheny must be for real, took down a good Glenvar team pretty decisively

Class 3 Colonial Heights beating Class 6 Prince George handily.

If you like scoring, you would have enjoyed the Narrows game!

And last but not least, Dinwiddie giving Petersburg 150 free yards via penalties. That can not continue. Give that to a more capable team and you will be looking at a loss.
Yes 35-7 worst game this season on homecoming, Hopewell quarterback threw 3 interceptions 1 fumble recovery for a Td by matoaca, hopewell quarterback didn't play well . Henderson didn't play offense but played some defense not sure what up with him. Hopewell front 4 on defense is really good, there secondary is not. matoaca killed Hopewell secondary all night with the long pass. Matoaca is a good team and should win some playoff games in C5, not sure if they can beat muray, or green run or Warwick but in the 804 they are good enough to beat C5 teams in this region , Hopewell needs to get healthy and finish strong I think they will make a long playoff run in C3 not sure if they will win if all but anything can happen. Good luck teams

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Jefferson is ok. Several good athletes including a 100m state champ/WVU FB commit. But they’re not very good at QB or on the Lines. I don’t know if millbrook was considered a contender in 4A, but I’d be shocked if Jefferson could beat a team that was at that level.

Jefferson is ok. Several good athletes including a 100m state champ/WVU FB commit. But they’re not very good at QB or on the Lines. I don’t know if millbrook was considered a contender in 4A, but I’d be shocked if Jefferson could beat a team that was at that level.

Potential regional finalist is about as far as people have Millbrook pegged. CalPreps had that game projected as a 4 point Millbrook win so it's not altogether surprising of a loss.

Potential regional finalist is about as far as people have Millbrook pegged. CalPreps had that game projected as a 4 point Millbrook win so it's not altogether surprising of a loss.
In a weaker region/district, that sounds about right to me. I’m not as plugged into Virginia this year with Martinsburg only playing 1 team from the commonwealth.

JF's win is easily the standout. Glass' problems must be a bit more than meets the eye.
Glass is still solid they just couldn't match JF upfront on either side of the ball. What really surprised me is how well they get to the ball on defense. JF is gonna be a handful for anyone come playoff time.

Liberty-Bedford hasn't scored a point all year. Amherst in week 10 might be their best bet. It would be absolutely wild if a team went 10 games in 2023 and didn't score.

JF's win is easily the standout. Glass' problems must be a bit more than meets the eye.
What do you say are Glass's problems? Their last three games they put up 48, 61, and 76. I think they main take away from that game isn't that Glass has problems, it's that JF is very good.

Liberty-Bedford hasn't scored a point all year. Amherst in week 10 might be their best bet. It would be absolutely wild if a team went 10 games in 2023 and didn't score.
I don't think they have a shot unless someone gifts them a pick six or fumbles a kickoff return or something. They are young and small; can't move the ball at all. They essentially have a jv team that wouldn't be very competitive against a jv schedule playing a varsity schedule. Credit to the players who haven't quit.

Reactions: wikki
Average score of their games 59 to 0. losing by nearly 60 pts per game has to be close to a record. hopefully they can score some in their remaining games.

What do you say are Glass's problems? Their last three games they put up 48, 61, and 76. I think they main take away from that game isn't that Glass has problems, it's that JF is very good.

I don't know, that's why I'm asking. I wouldn't look at what they did against Brookville, Amherst, or Liberty-Bedford as reason to think the O is sailing along. Amherst is poised to give up 40+ five times this year, Brookville four times, and Liberty-Bedford likely ten times. Fact is the three quality playoff teams they've played (LB, PH, JF) they've scored 14, 21, and 0 points and lost two of those games. That makes me raise an eyebrow. Not going to get easier next week either.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I don't know, that's why I'm asking. I wouldn't look at what they did against Brookville, Amherst, or Liberty-Bedford as reason to think the O is sailing along. Amherst is poised to give up 40+ five times this year, Brookville four times, and Liberty-Bedford likely ten times. Fact is the three quality playoff teams they've played (LB, PH, JF) they've scored 14, 21, and 0 points and lost two of those games. That makes me raise an eyebrow. Not going to get easier next week either.
I think expectations may have been too high for some people in regards to Glass. They were a very good team last year. Lost a lot. They are a good team this year and will be very good again pretty soon. Them going 7-3 this year is not bad at all. I think most probably would have pegged them as 8-2 at the start of the season at worst, but that is largely because no one expected JF to be as strong as they are.

Reactions: wikki
I think expectations may have been too high for some people in regards to Glass. They were a very good team last year. Lost a lot. They are a good team this year and will be very good again pretty soon. Them going 7-3 this year is not bad at all. I think most probably would have pegged them as 8-2 at the start of the season at worst, but that is largely because no one expected JF to be as strong as they are.

Would probably agree but they were sort of defaulted to #2 in 4D (again because nobody saw JF coming).

I still feel they are 2 years away from making a real run in class 4 but they are far ahead of schedule now.
I get it. I admit they're better than what I gave them credit for. Also vastly underestimated how soft their schedule was. Manchester is the only team they've played with a real pulse and got blasted(I watched it. It truly was not close). They're too far away from the top 3 to really care about. And yes a lot of people simply don't want them to succeed for various reasons.

I get it. I admit they're better than what I gave them credit for. Also vastly underestimated how soft their schedule was. Manchester is the only team they've played with a real pulse and got blasted(I watched it. It truly was not close). They're too far away from the top 3 to really care about. And yes a lot of people simply don't want them to succeed for various reasons.
I’ve seen the top 3 live bro.. Huguenot really isn’t that far behind. Dinwiddie making careless mistakes and penalties, Varina finally putting up 30, KG struggling with Courtland and playing a just as soft schedule. You know who I’m riding with but if Huguenot cleans up the penalties they’re just as dangerous as the top 3.

Reactions: GoBlue2109
We all knew Huguenot had talent the key was coaching and discipline. I will admit they have the goods on offense to exploit other teams weaknesses; however, defensively I still have some questions. I acknowledge picking Bird over Huguenot and after watching the video I will give credit where it's due. The Falcons are better than I thought and Bird is just plain one dimensional. They could afford to be boring under Bedwell, because they beat you up and he out coached most. This staff and team just doesn't have the "it" factor.

I see a possible Dinwiddie vs Huguenot playoff matchup coming soon. Could be a great matchup.

We all knew Huguenot had talent the key was coaching and discipline. I will admit they have the goods on offense to exploit other teams weaknesses; however, defensively I still have some questions. I acknowledge picking Bird over Huguenot and after watching the video I will give credit where it's due. The Falcons are better than I thought and Bird is just plain one dimensional. They could afford to be boring under Bedwell, because they beat you up and he out coached most. This staff and team just doesn't have the "it" factor.

I see a possible Dinwiddie vs Huguenot playoff matchup coming soon. Could be a great matchup.
I was going to skip over Bird but we may have taken Bedwell slightly for granted. They just seem to be stuck as a regular above average team now. It's interesting considering the loud nature of their coach.

Powhatan is the most scary team out of the lower seeds. They are well coached and physical. If they had any team speed, they’d be a threat to win the region. I’m with you on Huguenot’s discipline. They are miles better than I originally imagined. They have a very resilient bunch and imo, that running game will be tough to stop in the cold.

I was going to skip over Bird but we may have taken Bedwell slightly for granted. They just seem to be stuck as a regular above average team now. It's interesting considering the loud nature of their coach.
Bedwell is the 🐐 man. Put him at George Wythe and they’re winning games.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Hate to burst your bubble Huguenot fan, but they're not on the same level as dinwiddie coming from a central district District fan and have seen dinwiddie play, but they're much improved and have talent and athletes.

In a weaker region/district, that sounds about right to me. I’m not as plugged into Virginia this year with Martinsburg only playing 1 team from the commonwealth.
Martinsburg's lines are definitely top notch after returning everyone from last yr.

Coach Bedwell made some bad decisions when he was run off from Byrd, but I’ve come to the conclusion that he was not the tyrant that he was made out to be. It’s a shame that his coaching abilities are now lost to the kids. Like him or not, he sure new how to make winners out of his players.

Coach Bedwell made some bad decisions when he was run off from Byrd, but I’ve come to the conclusion that he was not the tyrant that he was made out to be. It’s a shame that his coaching abilities are now lost to the kids. Like him or not, he sure new how to make winners out of his players.
DP I don’t know what bad decisions he made. I was there the whole time and there’s a reason he was immediately reinstated with Henrico County. Bedwell runs about a clean of a program as you can get and isn’t hurting for anything to steal.

It is a very good group. Would’ve been great to see them square off with Salem and Highland Springs one more time. Alas.
Skill wise I would give Salem the edge but Martinsburg would own the trenches this yr.

Bro, it’s wild. People argued me up and down when I said Huguenot was coming. They’re 5-1 and no one has come forward to say they were wrong. They’re bringing it all together at the right time.
I'll admit, I was one of those people that thought they were 2-3 years away from competing this year.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Huguenot’s JV team is 8-0. Destroyed Cosby 70-26 tonight. Them and Varina’s JV are both avg’ing around 60 points a game combined. That’s insane!

Huguenot’s JV team is 8-0. Destroyed Cosby 70-26 tonight. Them and Varina’s JV are both avg’ing around 60 points a game combined. That’s insane!
I think they finally get it done this year but the JV hasn't beat HSHS in about 7/8 years. Need to get over that hump.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
They’ll beat them bro. HS better beat Varina while they can cause these next 4 years, it’s gonna be all Varina.
Do you know how long we’ve been here and that bull crap? One thing I’ll tell you is this…. as long as Lauren Johnson is on the sideline,I will take HS over any team in Richmond.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT