ADVERTISEMENT

Well, what caught your eye this week?

Do you know how long we’ve been here and that bull crap? One thing I’ll tell you is this…. as long as Lauren Johnson is on the sideline,I will take HS over any team in Richmond.
Bull crap? Have you even watched Varina’s JV team this year? They are loaded. A lot like those HS JV teams from 5-6 years ago. They beat Henrico 80-0 and could’ve put up 90 on Hanover last week. Those kids make it look easy. They are very young in football and basketball but they have a lot of major D1 kids in their program. I’m just the messenger.

Reactions: MaroonDude
DP I don’t know what bad decisions he made. I was there the whole time and there’s a reason he was immediately reinstated with Henrico County. Bedwell runs about a clean of a program as you can get and isn’t hurting for anything to steal.
Bedwell took Henrico to state championship game in 1999 then took LC Bird from 2012-2014 not to mention the numerous state semifinal game appearances before then. He has won everywhere he went and he turned Hermitage around rather quickly. One of the great 'what ifs' of Central Region lore will be had he been able to remain at Hermitage, how long before he would have had them playing for a state title? And if he could ever coach again in the region, how long before he would have them competing for state titles. Say what you want about the man and many have both good and bad... he knew how to coach.

Bedwell took Henrico to state championship game in 1999 then took LC Bird from 2012-2014 not to mention the numerous state semifinal game appearances before then. He has won everywhere he went and he turned Hermitage around rather quickly. One of the great 'what ifs' of Central Region lore will be had he been able to remain at Hermitage, how long before he would have had them playing for a state title? And if he could ever coach again in the region, how long before he would have them competing for state titles. Say what you want about the man and many have both good and bad... he knew how to coach.
Great stuff bro. He made turning around Herm look easy but he put so much time and effort in that rebuild in a really short time. I know for a fact that he had big plans for those 2021 and 2022 Herm teams and I truly believe they would’ve won back to back in titles with what they had lined up to come into that program. I hate that people have that negative stigma about him especially knowing all of the details and how hard it was on Coach to see his reputation messed with like that.

Bull crap? Have you even watched Varina’s JV team this year? They are loaded. A lot like those HS JV teams from 5-6 years ago. They beat Henrico 80-0 and could’ve put up 90 on Hanover last week. Those kids make it look easy. They are very young in football and basketball but they have a lot of major D1 kids in their program. I’m just the messenger.
You act like HS doesn’t just RELOAD every yr. Do you know what grade their STARTING RB is in?! He’s TOO GOOD for JV,and starts for a nationally ranked team. He’s not doing what he’s doing against 14&15 year olds. He’s already got a D1 offer. How many of those JV kids have an offer? Have you seen HS’s JV play? They dropped 40 on TDale last week. That coach seems to be feeding Johnson “ready to play” talent every year. Varina,just like HS,has major D1 talent every year. I will take LJ any day of the week over ANY coach in VIRGINIA to coach that talent. Not many coaches out there have five state titles in eight years.

For the record, the HSJV has one loss in the last seven years! Last time both of these JV teams came in undefeated…. it got ugly!

Reactions: MaroonDude
You act like HS doesn’t just RELOAD every yr. Do you know what grade their STARTING RB is in?! He’s TOO GOOD for JV,and starts for a nationally ranked team. He’s not doing what he’s doing against 14&15 year olds. He’s already got a D1 offer. How many of those JV kids have an offer? Have you seen HS’s JV play? They dropped 40 on TDale last week. That coach seems to be feeding Johnson “ready to play” talent every year. Varina,just like HS,has major D1 talent every year. I will take LJ any day of the week over ANY coach in VIRGINIA to coach that talent. Not many coaches out there have five state titles in eight years.

For the record, the HSJV has one loss in the last seven years! Last time both of these JV teams came in undefeated…. it got ugly!
Varina has all upperclassmen starting at the skill positions? So yeah those freshmen are playing JV…. D1 Carter >>>>>> your RB and they’re both in the same grade. Braylon Hood, Jaysean Richardson, and Jadon Baskerville are all big time sophomores contributing like seniors on varsity. I’m not taking anything away from yall but what HS has, Varina is now matching or better. HS definitely has more depth (y’all have 400+ more students in your building) but Varina has some dudes.

I believe the last time a Virginia high school went the entire season without scoring a point was King's Fork in their inaugural season in 2004. They were outscored 584-0 that season. Their coach was Cecil Phillips, who I assume was the same Cecil Phillips who took over as head coach at Amherst in 2008 (??).

• Wow
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Poor Denbigh tried hard to be the most recent team to go scoreless, last season. They scored 6 points the entire season.

Reactions: MMQP 6.0
HOPEWELL/THOMAS DALE HOPEWELL was leading 24-7 in the 3rd quarter before DALE came back, took the lead 28-24 with two minutes in game before HOPEWELL drove down the field 1st and goal from the 9 before DALE stopped them on 4th and goal at the 5 yard line. Great game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT