ADVERTISEMENT

West Point @ Essex

Reecesdad

VaPreps Rookie
Sep 20, 2019
Kickoff will be a brisk 38 degrees under clear skies and an ominous for the home team full moon.

Congrats to the Essex football team and to Coach Todd Jones!

Good season to West Point.

Best of luck to Todd and his boys next week.

King and Queen evidently is the real deal indeed. Should be a good one.

Reactions: WP02alum
1st Quarter killed us.
Absolutely - that was the game indeed.

I used to read a little bit about relevant (to me) sports analytics from various top Universities and Think Tanks (I am just a chess nerd lol).

Anyway, yes - besides what may seem to be common sense, it also has been scientifically proven.

In a close game between two fairly equal teams - the team who scores 1st wins about 71% of the time in football. The percentage goes up even higher depending on how much better the team is compared to their opponent to begin with.

Reactions: Reecesdad
Plus, in a game between fairly equal teams, the home team wins about 69% of the time in football. The percentage goes up if the home team is the stronger of the two.

For example, statistically speaking, King and Queen must score 1st next week at Essex to have a good shot at winning...however, I think that they would have to take an early two TD score lead to have a good chance to defeat Essex. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Reecesdad
In all honesty, if Essex makes it 35-0 --- and it certainly looked like they would --- then they could have named the final score. West Point responded but it was obvious they couldn't stop Essex and vice versa in the 2nd half. WP would have left a better impression without #19.

Fumbles lost and consistently losing on jump balls. That was the difference. The Pointers moved the ball on Essex at will once they settled down. I think KQ will be able to run on them and they have a secondary that may fair better against the Trojans passing attack. Should be an interesting game, just like the first meeting.

Reactions: gwb16
I got no negative feelings toward Essex and I definitely have a lot of respect for Coach Jones, but I’m rooting for K&Q next week.

Reactions: gwb16
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT