ADVERTISEMENT

Western 10 TA 3, couple of coaches tossed

Sep 23, 2011
anyone know what the grievance was about? I understand two TA coaches ejected which, unfortunately, means that they cannot coach on Monday...I would guess that they had problem with balls and strikes since there were a bunch of walks issued by TA pitchers...anyone know for sure

Sorry for responding so late I was out for a good while. The Harrisonburg paper said it was unclear why Coach Sean Haniffe was throw out. Then assistant Eddie Clark was ejected. Both yelled at the umpire as they left the field. But that six inning was rough for TA. Two hits 6 walks and a hit batter. I 'm sure the frustration just got to him. I think they used 4 pitchers in that half inning. Sometimes you just have to let it out.

One of the main cardinal rules in baseball: You can't argue balls and strikes. Dare to cross that line and you're likely not going to be in the dugout very long if you keep chirping. There are a lot of very good umpires out there that do a thankless job across the Commonwealth, but I've also seen a few that think folks show up to watch them. It's their field and we just play on it. Not saying this crew was like that, since I wasn't there to see if they were fair or not with the strike zone. I have seen some that close the box ever so tightly, though, and the frustration is obvious on a kid's face. It's like you got to be Greg Maddox of something to win with some guys in blue.

This post was edited on 5/30 3:52 PM by 21base

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT