ADVERTISEMENT

Western vs Louisa game

@shauntclair what did you think of #72 for us?
Funny you should ask. I spotted him before the game even started and had to look him up on the roster. Quinton Ragland. 6'5' 278 and only a Junior. He was a big reason the Lions were so effective defending on 1st and 2nd down. He can really play and couldn't help but notice him. With that size, he's going to get a lot of looks.

Too bad the final score was really not that indicative of how the game played out. Louisa made some mistakes but actually looked pretty good overall. The big plays by WA just killed them and almost every TD was one of those. also, the Lion offense sputtered in the 2nd half. Gotta' give some credit to WA here as they really picked it up defensively. If the Lions want to insist on running, maybe they could put Ragland as the lead blocking back on offense. Similar to when Louisa used Dennis Johns to lead Andre Mealy some years ago. Very difficult to stop the running back or QB from picking up 5 - 6 at a pop when there's a giant with a head of steam plowing the road.

I would love to see something like that mixed in. Not a full time thing like in 2011 since his strength is on defense, but as a wrinkle thrown in. Just like other teams the last few games, WA tried to double him but wasn't successful much. Teams are really having to account for him now. I'm looking forward to seeing him beside the new transfer from Covenant...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT