ADVERTISEMENT

Westfield Vs. Centreville October 10th, 2003

I've seen enough to say that Westfield is pretty much on the same level as last year. Centreville seems to be close to last year but perhaps a slight tick down (due mostly to loss of Walter and Wiggins). In my opinion this is still a minimum 21 point win for Centreville. If Westfield tries the same bland 4 or 5 play offense as they did in the playoffs last year they will probably get shut out. They couldn't consistently run the ball against Stone Bridge last week so there is certainly no reason to think they will be able to against Centreville. My two cents...

OK, I did not see that coming. I was WRONG. First time I've seen Centreville in person this year and yeah, without Walter running the show they are not nearly as dynamic. Repeating myself but I still think Walter was the key to that team last year... what the heck happened to Centreville's defense?

Originally posted by 1amishfootballfan:
OK, I did not see that coming. I was WRONG. First time I've seen Centreville in person this year and yeah, without Walter running the show they are not nearly as dynamic. Repeating myself but I still think Walter was the key to that team last year... what the heck happened to Centreville's defense?
Ahhh went for two points and the win and came up just short. Big win for Westfield and tough loss for Centreville.

The defense for Centreville looked darn good when I watched them scrimmage Hylton in the preseason, so 42 points given up is a little surprising. But this is a rivalry "concorde" game as the other post mentioned and anything can happen.

Now that Centreville has lost to an area opponent, really makes the idea of another team winning 6A North that much more realistic. There are going to be some big time match ups in the 6A North playoffs. Once PWC teams Patriot and Battlefield are thrown into the mix with teams like South County, Westfield, Centreville, Robinson, and Lake Braddock, it's going to be... The Perfect Storm.
confused0018.r191677.gif

happy.r191677.gif

Need to remember that Westfield's RB Evan Gray is one of the top running backs in Virginia. Remember what he did to Lake Braddock in the playoffs last year. He is both fast and strong, and he has always been very difficult to stop. Also, the addition of WR Tyler Scanlon (#10) to Westfield's passing game gives Westfield a two-prong attack. At 6' 6", Scanlon seemed impossible for Centreville DBs to defend. It seems that Westfield's offense was finally firing on all 8 cylinders in the Centreville game.

I'll like to see Westfield play Lake Braddock again. Probably in the playoffs.

Westfield plays Robinson (6-0) this coming Friday. Should be a good game and a good measure of how good Westfield is.

Tutt did a good job on Scanlon in the first half, it was only in the second half when Tutt was out did Cville have issues.

Ankle....played one down on defense at the end of the game. Came in for a few plays on offense in OT.

Tutt did do a nice job on Scanlon but a injury is a injury ( They happen) . It was nice to see the Westfield Offense show signs of creativity for the first time all year! They took the chains of the QB and he accounted for 5 TD's. The Westfield defense is young and appears pretty tough after playing a tough early schedule, (Hayfield, LB, Stone Bridge, Centreville ).

Here is the combined Win vs. lose for the next big game Friday night in the Concord. Westfield vs. Robinson

Teams Westfield have faced are a combined 20-16.

Teams Robinson have faced are a combined 13-22.

Game should be interesting!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT