ADVERTISEMENT

What is your prediction for the top 8 teams in 4D at the end of the regular season?

Do they do the North/South division in football? If so that really mixes things up. Sherando and Handley should be 1 and 2 up north, guessing Salem will end up with 2, possibly 1 with power points from strong losses. Danville seems to be the other one primed to get the 1 or 2 seed in the south. From there, Amherst, Forest, Glass all are gonna be fighting to get in.

If they just do 1-8 regardless of division then it definitely looks different. Home filed in the region championship will be huge.

Do they do the North/South division in football? If so that really mixes things up. Sherando and Handley should be 1 and 2 up north, guessing Salem will end up with 2, possibly 1 with power points from strong losses. Danville seems to be the other one primed to get the 1 or 2 seed in the south. From there, Amherst, Forest, Glass all are gonna be fighting to get in.

If they just do 1-8 regardless of division then it definitely looks different. Home filed in the region championship will be huge.
They do the top 8 in 4D. Sherando should get the 1 seed if they win out. They are looking pretty strong

Reactions: blackknight_pride

I am planning on going to the Handley/Sherando game in week 10 when I go up to Winchester to visit some friends. I’ll get a good luck at both of those teams. Salem could play either one of them or both in the playoffs. That game should be a barn burner. It’s at Handley so it will be played on a Saturday. I used to live in Winchester. I lived about a mile from Handley. Great place to watch a football game. Beautiful high school campus. If you get a chance to see a game there, do it. It’s an experience

Reactions: blackknight_pride
1. Sherando
2. G.W. Danville
3. Salem
4. Handley
5. Amherst
6. Orange County
7. Mecklenburg
8. Jefferson Forest

Just a guess. Not ranked on how good I think each team is, just how I think the points could play out.

Sherando should get the #1 seed if we win out, but Handley and Kettle Run both have excellent teams this year so that's far from a given. Kettle Run especially—I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the 3A state championship game, and Handley gave them everything they could handle. Handley will almost certainly finish no worse than 8-2, and even if they lose to Sherando they'll get plenty of points by virtue of their only other loss being to Kettle Run, who will finish 10-0 or 9-1.

Sherando and Kettle Run should both be 7-0 when the Cougars visit Arrowhead. That's going to be an unmissable game.

I think E.C. Glass is a top 8 team but they have a rough schedule ahead of them. If they can beat one of Heritage, LCA, or Jefferson Forest, I think they make it. Millbrook is an enigma. They're the sort of team that could beat Sherando, Handley, or Kettle Run, or lose by 40 to each of them. Losing to Skyline really hurt their chances given how many teams will end up with two or three losses. I don't think James Wood is a top 8 team but they could steal a spot if they finish 7-3 given who the losses would likely be to.

Salem and G.W. Danville could swap places. I don't expect either of them to lose another game but the points could be close.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
1. Sherando
2. G.W. Danville
3. Salem
4. Handley
5. Amherst
6. Orange County
7. Mecklenburg
8. Jefferson Forest

Just a guess. Not ranked on how good I think each team is, just how I think the points could play out.

Sherando should get the #1 seed if we win out, but Handley and Kettle Run both have excellent teams this year so that's far from a given. Kettle Run especially—I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the 3A state championship game, and Handley gave them everything they could handle. Handley will almost certainly finish no worse than 8-2, and even if they lose to Sherando they'll get plenty of points by virtue of their only other loss being to Kettle Run, who will finish 10-0 or 9-1.

Sherando and Kettle Run should both be 7-0 when the Cougars visit Arrowhead. That's going to be an unmissable game.

I think E.C. Glass is a top 8 team but they have a rough schedule ahead of them. If they can beat one of Heritage, LCA, or Jefferson Forest, I think they make it. Millbrook is an enigma. They're the sort of team that could beat Sherando, Handley, or Kettle Run, or lose by 40 to each of them. Losing to Skyline really hurt their chances given how many teams will end up with two or three losses. I don't think James Wood is a top 8 team but they could steal a spot if they finish 7-3 given who the losses would likely be to.

Salem and G.W. Danville could swap places. I don't expect either of them to lose another game but the points could be close.
Shruikan, are you a Sherando fan? When I used to live in Winchester last year I went to Arrowhead to see a game. Gotta say, the horse planting the spear gave me some FSU vibes. I could tell they love football in Stephens City

Shruikan, are you a Sherando fan? When I used to live in Winchester last year I went to Arrowhead to see a game. Gotta say, the horse planting the spear gave me some FSU vibes. I could tell they love football in Stephens City
Yup. Graduated quite a few years ago now. While I don't think the atmosphere in Arrowhead is quite what it once was, the town has never stopped rallying around Sherando.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT