ADVERTISEMENT

What piques my interest this coming weekend.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
First, the weather next Friday and Saturday is interesting, AND a concern. The lower temperature will definitely be a much appreciated improvement. But, there is a growing concern of significant rain and storms by weeks end.

For me, the premier game will be Phoebus at Highland Springs. Regardless of the outcome, we should learn a lot about the potential dominance of these two powerhouse teams.

After a long drive, George Wythe goes into Altavista for a game of what is two of the best teams in Class 1.

Matoaca opens their season at 1-0 Warhill. This is a clash of two teams that have been getting closer to that championship level for several years now. Matoaca plans to repay Warhill for the loss they absorbed last year.

The answer Alex is: “What is the Battle of Chester?” Two teams, LCBird and Thomas Dale, that defend their turf like two junk yard dogs. To say they don’t care for each other would be like saying the Hatfield’s and McCoy’s were best friends. This will be a war. It will be, as it always is, a sellout and people will be turned away at the gate.

Amherst opening their season at GW has my interest. I hope for Wikki and the Amherst faithful that I am wrong, but I saw a strong powerful Eagles team last week. Forget their score at Dinwiddie, they are going to win 8 or 9 games this regular season. Amherst had better bring their A game. And I don’t know anything about the Amherst linemen, but I can tell you GW has got some beef on theirs. #70 must go 350 to 370?

Staunton River at JF might answer a question for me. Is SR back in good form of was MV just that bad last week? And what of JF?

Does another William, (Byrd this week), lay a 90 point shellacking on Hidden Valley?

And I’ll stop with this one. Charles City makes the long but beautiful trip across the Bay, almost to Maryland, to take on Arcadia. This is a winnable game for CC. Arcadia lost to Windsor last week, and Windsor has struggled for years just to win a game now and then. And the Lord knows, those boys, and that Charles City community, could sure use a win.

There are a ton more games that have my interest, but I just picked out a few to talk about. How about you? Anything pique your interest for this coming week?

GAMES TO WATCH THIS WEEK:

Petersburg at Hopewell, Thursday, 7pm
Atlee at Patrick Henry, Friday, 7pm
Douglas Freeman at Hermitage, Friday, 7pm

Games that have my interest are:
Rappahannock (5-0) at Essex (5-0) : Rappahannock has scored 270 points and given up 51 in their five games. Essex has scored 242 points and given up 12 in their five games; one of their wins was by forfeit so they only get 2 points for that game.

Louisa (3-2) at Orange (4-1) : Louisa may be better than their record. Orange lost to Courtland in game 1 and has won 4 straight.

Games that have my interest are:
Rappahannock (5-0) at Essex (5-0) : Rappahannock has scored 270 points and given up 51 in their five games. Essex has scored 242 points and given up 12 in their five games; one of their wins was by forfeit so they only get 2 points for that game.

Louisa (3-2) at Orange (4-1) : Louisa may be better than their record. Orange lost to Courtland in game 1 and has won 4 straight.
I agree with you. Both games ar intriguing. I lean toward Essex because being good and in big games is a tradition for them. And I like Louisa because they have three studs back on the roster that are just now settling in and playing at their potential.

Like EP said, Atlee vs PH is a good one.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I remember doesn’t seem to many years ago if I’m not mistaking another team , Rappahannock had slim participation years and had a hard time fielding a team. What a turn around if my memory has not gone to S..t.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I remember doesn’t seem to many years ago if I’m not mistaking another team , Rappahannock had slim participation years and had a hard time fielding a team. What a turn around if my memory has not gone to S..t.
I'll help on this one, because its actually funny. You are both correct and incorrect, remembering correctly and incorrectly. It was Rappahannock, but...

Rappahannock County who I believe plays 8 man football now

Reactions: Scalvinscaliwag
I'll help on this one, because its actually funny. You are both correct and incorrect, remembering correctly and incorrectly. It was Rappahannock, but...

Rappahannock County who I believe plays 8 man football now
I had no clue it was two different teams lol, didn’t even know another Rappohannock existed .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT