ADVERTISEMENT

What schools don't play football on campus (any level)???

NNDman

VaPreps All District
May 29, 2001
I'm pretty certain Franklin is the only one in Region 1A. James Monroe in Fredericksburg still plays off campus at old Maury Stadium. And I believe Amelia County's football facility is located across a street from the school.

I'm pretty certain Franklin is the only one in Region 1A. James Monroe in Fredericksburg still plays off campus at old Maury Stadium. And I believe Amelia County's football facility is located across a street from the school.

How about Graham?

Not only do they play off campus at Mitchell Stadium, they play their games in a different state (West Virginia.)

Yep - Gene Malcolm Stadium, next to Devault Field - down the street from Stonewall Jackson Elem.

Twin Valley plays at their E/MS - the old Garden High.
Union plays over in town at Bullitt Park.
I think 5 teams use a stadium in Tidewater, 6 uses another (Darling, Todd)

Every public school in the cities of Hampton and Newport News to my knowledge. All Newport News City Schools play at Todd Stadium and All Hampton City Schools play at Darling Stadium. Hampton High, Kecoughtan, Phoebus, Bethel, Woodside, Denbigh, Mechville, Warwick, Heritage. York County Schools play at a county stadium, Tabb, York, and Grafton.

I'm sure there are a bunch of schools in the state that play at their middle schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: obguthr
Salem? Salem High plays at Salem City Stadium which is owned by the city of Salem. Deep Creek plays at their Middle School. Bland County doesn't have a team this year, but when they do, their games are played in a Bastian, VA, where there is no High School or Middle School. It's field cut out near a cow pasture and it's a pretty cool little place.

Bland County played off campus when they had a high school team. Middle School team plays at same location (Bastian) while part of players attend high school in Rocky Gap and 6th graders on team attend BCES in Bland.

The three Williamsburg/James City County schools play at Wanner Stadium, which is next to Warhill, but not part of the campus.

Also, Maury and Granby in Norfolk play at Powhatan Stadium, located near ODU"s football practice facility.

Figured it be good to know where I am going on Friday (assuming I make it). 99.9% I will, but that's Lord Willing
If you're a paying member, DM me your cell and I'll respond with mine so we can meet up if you'd like. I'm not a paying member, so I don't have the ability to start a DM convo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT