ADVERTISEMENT

When will we know the dates and times of the 1st round matchups?

Keith_Stone33

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 30, 2013
I realize most games will be Friday, but there are some 1st round games that end up on Saturdays occasionally. Is there a master schedule or website to check and see when the games are?

Re: Clarke County will host Nandua @ 7pm Friday - nm

Are they flying in? :). spending the night too... 5-6 hour road trips are neat!

Re: Clarke County will host Nandua @ 7pm Friday - nm

IMO I'd rather get the kids to school at normal time, leave like 9 in the morning, stop a few times to eat, walk around and such, and play like a normal Friday night, than to get up at 330 am to travel for a mid-day Saturday game.

Agree 100% with that...

plus, it makes for some quality "bonding time".... forget the outcome, it can leave some lasting memories. One day missed from school -- so be it.

Re: Agree 100% with that...

Agree also, I was part of a playoff baseball team in the mid 80's. Got a early morning send off from the entire student body and boarded a chartered bus for a game in far Southwest Virginia. We lost 3-2 but lasting memories were made!

On the other hand, you have a better chance to get more fans at the game on a Saturday if you play on the road. They don't have to take off of work.

Neutral sites

VHSL should go to neutral sites for games over a certain distance between teams.

Re: Neutral sites

True, but if they played every game at neutral site it would not bother me. Some teams get screwed with travel.

That's taking the easy way out. Truth be known , no one team deserves a playoff home game over another. come playoff time, the playing field should be level. No one should have an advantage.

Why play a regular season then? Just put every school's name in a hat and draw for matchups and just play a tournament. Season could be done in five weeks. It would really save on travel then.

Unless they have changed it

Back in the day if you made post season for tennis you actually played during school hours.

I'd miss 3-6 days of school because of "Singles/Doubles/Team" District/regional state level stuff....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT