ADVERTISEMENT

Who finishes undefeated

Good post! I will give you my odds for each:

King George and Louisa 100%
Loudon County 90% Independence may have a slight shot???
Dinwiddie 50% Too close to call. Both teams are playing well.
Kettle Run 30% I think Handley or Sherando can knock them off.
Varina 25% They upset Highland Springs last year. Just don't think they will this season. HSHS is on fire!

Good post! I will give you my odds for each:

King George and Louisa 100%
Loudon County 90% Independence may have a slight shot???
Dinwiddie 50% Too close to call. Both teams are playing well.
Kettle Run 30% I think Handley or Sherando can knock them off.
Varina 25% They upset Highland Springs last year. Just don't think they will this season. HSHS is on fire!
I don't know much about the other regions, other than what I read here. I looked at KG and Louisas final opponents and records and that was my consensus as well. I agree with the Dinwiddie and Varina as well. I don't think anyone will stop Highland Springs this year but anything is always possible. Thanks for your detailed reply and it's great to have you back Navy!

All except Varina, due to having to face Highland Springs.

Dinwiddie will have their hands full against Thomas Dale, but I’m hopeful.

I don’t see anyone standing in the way of the other four.

In 4B we have Varina, Dinwiddie, King George
In 4c Loudoun County and Kettle Run
In 4D Louisa
Who finishes the regular season undefeated?
Are you going to be able to make the game tonight?

We are meeting at Luca’s at 5:00 for supper. Why don’t you join us?

Reactions: 1Gensfan
I would love to, but don't think I will get there in time. Crazy day at work which has me from colonial heights, to Midlothian to ashland and Louisa. I will make it one of these days DP! As far as the game, if im not too late I will be there!

100%- King George and Louisa. Not much to say here. Plenty of the younger guys should get a lot of playing time going into the playoffs.

95%- Dinwiddie. Very sold on this Dinwiddie team (their culture, coaching, and their talented roster). I say that to say this, I’ll never be too sold on Dale. Great coaching over there and Dale has studs everywhere. I think Dinwiddie is just a tougher team at this point. Dale may be a little faster, probably a little bigger but physicality and mentally, Generals all the way.

50%- Varina. For every stud, Highland Springs has, Varina has one to match. Keys (UNC commit), Booker (3 star WR), Elijah Brown ( STUD; has an offer from Maryland), DL Marquis Vincent (all kinds of FCS offers), Eric Smith (Ole Miss, Liberty, Maryland and more offers).. I mean I still haven’t named a lot of their D1 kids. They are the most loaded team in Virginia (all classes) but just my opinion, they don’t have the edge they had last year. Springers are on a mission but this is a huge rivalry so it could go either way.

Don’t know about the other teams enough to comment.

100%- King George and Louisa. Not much to say here. Plenty of the younger guys should get a lot of playing time going into the playoffs.

95%- Dinwiddie. Very sold on this Dinwiddie team (their culture, coaching, and their talented roster). I say that to say this, I’ll never be too sold on Dale. Great coaching over there and Dale has studs everywhere. I think Dinwiddie is just a tougher team at this point. Dale may be a little faster, probably a little bigger but physicality and mentally, Generals all the way.

50%- Varina. For every stud, Highland Springs has, Varina has one to match. Keys (UNC commit), Booker (3 star WR), Elijah Brown ( STUD; has an offer from Maryland), DL Marquis Vincent (all kinds of FCS offers), Eric Smith (Ole Miss, Liberty, Maryland and more offers).. I mean I still haven’t named a lot of their D1 kids. They are the most loaded team in Virginia (all classes) but just my opinion, they don’t have the edge they had last year. Springers are on a mission but this is a huge rivalry so it could go either way.

I sincerely hope you’re not serious. Yes…you struck a nerve with that nonsense about Varina. HSHS currently has 14 players with D1 offers including their 3-star Jr QB(He has 4 power 5 offers). 2 of the 5 OL have D1 offers and 7 of the 8 WRs have D1 offers(2 VT commits play both ways rotating). Starting RB has Hampden-Sydney offer. HSHS has 3 already committed to ACC schools on defense. 8 defensive players have D1 offers including the 3 committed. Noah Jenkins(Wr.RB,and DB) currently holds 17 offers including Ole Miss and Penn St. Both LBs hold power 5 offers(NC State,Ole Miss,Penn St,and VT). All 5 DBs hold D1 offers.

The biggest difference is….HSHS has been thoroughly tested and Varina has shown their chemistry issues vs far less competition.

I tend to give HSHS a lot better chance than 50/50. I just think the Springers are a lot better overall. But, as you said, it’s a huge rivalry, so that factor alone is enough to put the outcome in question.

But, with all that said, I’m still giving the Springers about a 90% chance of coming out on top.

LOL, but, I was so off about Varina last year that I wouldn’t believe anything I say.

Varina's defense is as legit as it gets. The offense has been a little boom or bust with Derricott just throwing it up a lot and making plays. And they just can't really run the ball.

I would say springers 24-10. It'll be very competitive but springers will control the 4th and put it away

I sincerely hope you’re not serious. Yes…you struck a nerve with that nonsense about Varina. HSHS currently has 14 players with D1 offers including their 3-star Jr QB(He has 4 power 5 offers). 2 of the 5 OL have D1 offers and 7 of the 8 WRs have D1 offers(2 VT commits play both ways rotating). Starting RB has Hampden-Sydney offer. HSHS has 3 already committed to ACC schools on defense. 8 defensive players have D1 offers including the 3 committed. Noah Jenkins(Wr.RB,and DB) currently holds 17 offers including Ole Miss and Penn St. Both LBs hold power 5 offers(NC State,Ole Miss,Penn St,and VT). All 5 DBs hold D1 offers.

The biggest difference is….HSHS has been thoroughly tested and Varina has shown their chemistry issues vs far less competition.
Offers don’t win ball games. Varina is very talented and deep. I’d say they’re just as good as Highland Springs at every position BUT running back and linebacker. I’ve said it many times, Springers are the best coached team in the state and that makes them elite vs very good, where’d I place Varina.

It's going to be some disappointing teams undefeated or 1 lost teams going home someone will not
make it to the the states playoffs especially in group 4

so many good only 1 team will make from each region unfortunately.

I think all the outstanding currently undefeated and one loss teams will make the 4A playoffs fun to watch and whoever ends up the champs will have accomplished quite a feat to be proud of! Have a good one!

Louisa will go undefeated and don't be surprised if they make state title game and win it all. This is the most balanced team we have had and Coach Patrick has really turned into a great play caller. Look for him to really open up the playbook against Salem. The two Freshman are STUDS.

Offers don’t win ball games. Varina is very talented and deep. I’d say they’re just as good as Highland Springs at every position BUT running back and linebacker. I’ve said it many times, Springers are the best coached team in the state and that makes them elite vs very good, where’d I place Varina.
Offers DON’T win games! Playing a weak schedule doesn’t prove you’re deep or talented. Varina hasn’t beat a good team ALL YEAR,and I think they have chemistry issues on offense. HSHS has beat 2 nationally ranked teams,and absolutely dominated everyone else. The chemistry this year is undeniable. You forgot to mention HSHS has the FAR SUPERIOR QB than Varina has,and it’s not really close if you’ve watched both play THIS YEAR. Martin is a next level QB. Derricot isn’t! HSHS isn’t Hanover or Hermitage! Varina isn’t Chambers or Martinsburg either!

Offers DON’T win games! Playing a weak schedule doesn’t prove you’re deep or talented. Varina hasn’t beat a good team ALL YEAR,and I think they have chemistry issues on offense. HSHS has beat 2 nationally ranked teams,and absolutely dominated everyone else. The chemistry this year is undeniable. You forgot to mention HSHS has the FAR SUPERIOR QB than Varina has,and it’s not really close if you’ve watched both play THIS YEAR. Martin is a next level QB. Derricot isn’t! HSHS isn’t Hanover or Hermitage! Varina isn’t Chambers or Martinsburg either!
Varina & Highland Springs played the same teams last year and Varina beat Highland Springs.

I doubt Derricot plays QB at the next level, I don’t think he even wants to play QB.. If you ask me, as good of a football player as he is, he may just get a full ride for basketball.. Derricot is 24-1 as a starting QB and has a state championship ring. Definitely a great high school quarterback.

Varina & Highland Springs played the same teams last year and Varina beat Highland Springs.

I doubt Derricot plays QB at the next level, I don’t think he even wants to play QB.. If you ask me, as good of a football player as he is, he may just get a full ride for basketball.. Derricot is 24-1 as a starting QB and has a state championship ring. Definitely a great high school quarterback.
This is not last year! If you’ve seen HSHS play this year,you’d agree with that. I’ve seen Varina,and they’re nowhere close to last year. Record doesn’t make you a good QB. Throwing the ball up and hoping your guy comes down with it doesn’t mean you’re a good QB. Not a single offer(for ANY next level team) for a state champion speaks volumes. Watch Martin and you’ll see what a GREAT HS QB looks like. Oh…only a Jr too.

Varina struggled with Hanover and Hermitage! I just saw what HSHS did to Hanover,and I also saw Godwin beat Hermitage and put up more on Hermitage than Varina did. Varina will have to score more than 20 pts to beat HSHS,because this is not last year’s meaningless game,and Loren Johnson won’t roll over this time. His nationally ranked team remembers Varina acting a fool last year. It won’t come down to an extra point this year. HSHS is on a different level than any other team in the state this year,and they’ve proved it all year.

This is not last year! If you’ve seen HSHS play this year,you’d agree with that. I’ve seen Varina,and they’re nowhere close to last year. Record doesn’t make you a good QB. Throwing the ball up and hoping your guy comes down with it doesn’t mean you’re a good QB. Not a single offer(for ANY next level team) for a state champion speaks volumes. Watch Martin and you’ll see what a GREAT HS QB looks like. Oh…only a Jr too.

Varina struggled with Hanover and Hermitage! I just saw what HSHS did to Hanover,and I also saw Godwin beat Hermitage and put up more on Hermitage than Varina did. Varina will have to score more than 20 pts to beat HSHS,because this is not last year’s meaningless game,and Loren Johnson won’t roll over this time. His nationally ranked team remembers Varina acting a fool last year. It won’t come down to an extra point this year. HSHS is on a different level than any other team in the state this year,and they’ve proved it all year.
We’ll see in a few weeks. The kids get up for games like this. Varina’s always been a QB away from being a state contender and the athletes on Messer are literally the same kids as they have on Airport. Bobby Dunn, now Derricot and next year Linwood who I think is going to be the best one of them all. Comparing scores will make you pull your hair out. Last year Herm beat PH, who beat Varina and lost by two TDs to HS. Herm lost to Varina and then got blown out by HS (could’ve been 77-0 if LJ doesn't call the dogs off) in the region championship.

People throw around the Varina only beating Herm 13-0, but most of those Herm seniors were playing varsity when Herm beat them 9-0 back in the Spring Season. Varina beat them by 8 last year with these same kids. 13-0 isn’t far fetched as if Herm wasn’t run like a rec league team, they’d be getting mentioned with Varina and Highland Springs this year.

Wow who cares who goes undefeated it's time to think about playoffs go undefeated in the playoffs and you win the state championship.. sure you want to go into the playoff with momentum but you also want to go into the playoffs healthy. Whatever happens in regular season does not count anymore it's what you do in the next five games win or lose both teams are going to the playoffs. I know both teams would like to come out undefeated. Going undefeated in the regular season doesn't win you a state championship. To both teams use this game to sharpen your skills and come out injury free then we can talk going five games undefeated.

Reactions: Thomasddev
We’ll see in a few weeks. The kids get up for games like this. Varina’s always been a QB away from being a state contender and the athletes on Messer are literally the same kids as they have on Airport. Bobby Dunn, now Derricot and next year Linwood who I think is going to be the best one of them all. Comparing scores will make you pull your hair out. Last year Herm beat PH, who beat Varina and lost by two TDs to HS. Herm lost to Varina and then got blown out by HS (could’ve been 77-0 if LJ doesn't call the dogs off) in the region championship.

People throw around the Varina only beating Herm 13-0, but most of those Herm seniors were playing varsity when Herm beat them 9-0 back in the Spring Season. Varina beat them by 8 last year with these same kids. 13-0 isn’t far fetched as if Herm wasn’t run like a rec league team, University

Yep whoever thought that Hanover would put up 40 some points on Patrick Henry

Boy are you guys in for a surprise

Louisa will go undefeated and don't be surprised if they make state title game and win it all. This is the most balanced team we have had and Coach Patrick has really turned into a great play caller. Look for him to really open up the playbook against Salem. The two Freshman are i

Louisa will go undefeated and don't be surprised if they make state title game and win it all. This is the most balanced team we have had and Coach Patrick has really turned into a great play caller. Look for him to really open up the playbook against Salem. The two Freshman are STUDS.
I must say that you have unwavered confidence!

I must say that you have unwavered confidence!
Well we have to stay healthy, but I think people are sleeping on Louisa this year. We stay healthy and I really like our chances to bring it home to Mineral. Lions are the real deal after and I think when people see the two freshman along with the seniors people are going see what I see. Coach Patrick and his staff do a great job getting the Lions ready.

@Lion_4_life I don't think anyone on VaPreps is sleeping on the Lions or even disrespecting them. In fact, I think it's the opposite. Most people realize how consistent the Lions have been since 2016. The problem is they are now playing in Region D and the traditional powers are generally Salem, GW Danville, and EC Glass. Look at the Richmond TV/media polls they are right in the mix with the other undefeated teams. Another thing is Louisa is in the same boat as Dinwiddie, King George and Powhatan. One school counties with very little media coverage. Dinwiddie is a tradition power yet they rarely get a radio game and are an after thought most weeks on the news. You have to be a Hanover, Henrico or Chesterfield school to get coverage. Just the way it is. Keep winning they will come calling. Especially, if you play a Hanover or Henrico team or are one of the last teams standing. Honestly, money talks and counties like the ones noted above don't cut the advertising mustard. The funny thing is they will ride your coat tails like a homer until you lose then disappear once again. Poof! For the most of part I appreciate the medias efforts, but aside for @EPJr it ain't about the kids!

I sure hope poor old Salem gets that far to see that opened up playbook.

Varina's defense is as legit as it gets. The offense has been a little boom or bust with Derricott just throwing it up a lot and making plays. And they just can't really run the ball.

I would say springers 24-10. It'll be very competitive but springers will control the 4th and put it away

Over 20 passing touchdowns, over 1,400 yd passing 220 yards rushing and two touchdowns.. completing 80% of his passing. Derricott don't stop what you're doing just keep throwing the ball up. You still have two games left before playoffs

Reactions: GoBlue2109
As far as the media, and covering games, especially radio broadcasts, it is driven by what the advertisers want. Now, when those schools they normally cover are eliminated, they want to keep milking the same advertisers they have had all year, so they offer playoff games involving schools less appealing to the advertisers just to keep the revenue flow coming in for as long as possible. We did this at the station I worked at. We even switched to private/religious schools that the listeners did not care about at all just to keep that ad revenue coming in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT