ADVERTISEMENT

Who has been the most enjoyable team for you to watch this season?

Mar 27, 2015
You can't pick "your" team or the team you follow...outside of them, who is the most enjoyable/fun team to watch that you've seen this season?

Interesting to hear answers on this one!

I think Stuarts Draft is always a fun team to watch. They play that Grinnell College style game chucking up 3 pointers all night. The only problem is when they aren't hitting, it's not that much fun (I guess that depends on the team you're rooting for). They could be dangerous to someone in the conference tourney if they get a hot streak.

Reactions: AirGordon55
I saw them play a few years ago but haven't seen them recently. James Wood used to do it up this way (I'm in Front Royal) and that was always interesting to watch!

George Mason...they have a team full of athletes who know how to play. Seems that they are 10 deep and all interchangeable. And their coach is top drawer.

Eastern Montgomery because you know they aren't going to score more than 30 points but they might give up two or three or more times that many points. They just finished the season 0-fer averaging only 24.7 ppg (season high of 41, season low of 8) while surrendering an average of 65.4 ppg (season high of 100, season low of 41 to perenial doormat Craig Co who only won twice, both times vs. East Mont.).

Since I see mostly teams only from the Shenandoah Dist. I have to go with G-town and say that Stuart's Draft is a very fun team to watch..even if they aren't hitting their shots, their fast tempo is more aligned to D1 College then D2/3 high school...I've said this for yrs. if they played defense 1/2 as well as they do on offensive end, they would be a very tough team to beat

Since Antgzee can't pick them then I'll pick Martinsville. Holland (best player west of Richmond), Bradley (this kid is tough as they come), Dandridge, Martin, Hairston, Turner, etc..These guys are a special bunch! Dan River isn't far behind. (I root for and follow GW-Danville).

Reactions: AntGZee
I would venture to say that Holland is one of the best in the state, no matter the classification.

I would venture to say that Holland is one of the best in the state, no matter the classification.
I agree. Monte Buckingham from Henrico is probably the best player in the state. 2 time 5A player of the year that's going to the University of Richmond Outskirts but I would think Holland would be in the top 5-6 and that's saying a lot.

Reactions: AntGZee
I did watch the Beacon Classic this year and saw Glass and some teams up north (dont remember names of school). I will tell you a team that is going to look nice in the next two years is Brookeville bees. Saw them play this year. They have a 3 guards system. All of them are sophomores (starting)?!!!! One of them is like 5'5" and NASTY. He will break your ankles quick. He transferred from Rustburg. They fast and got shooters! If they can develop 2 big men to help them out in middle, that team going to be nice for the next two years.

Easily the most entertaining team I've seen this year is the Page County Middle School Faculty team! I would dare say we would beat most teams by 20 or 30 points! Heck, we just dusted our MS team by 30+ tonight! :D!

I'm somewhat familiar with IC Norcom. They r going for a 3peat. They were a 4a school but recently dropped to 3A. Those kids from Portsmouth have become a powerhouse. I saw them when they started their run of championships when Dorian Finney-Smith was there. He went on to the University of Florida.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I'm somewhat familiar with IC Norcom. They r going for a 3peat. They were a 4a school but recently dropped to 3A. Those kids from Portsmouth have become a powerhouse. I saw them when they started their run of championships when Dorian Finney-Smith was there. He went on to the University of Florida.
Yessir! They have 3 really good players this year and they've knocked GW Danville out of the state's the past two years. KJ Davis (6'5 SF junior with offers from Hostfra, JMU, and more) Travis Ingram (6'4 guard junior 5+ D1 offers), and Travis Fields (6' senior PG hopefully will be with Holland at Radford next year). This is probably the most talented team in the state. I like this team because they run a full court press, similar to my VCU Rams. Would've loved to have seen them play Martinsville in a big time regulae season tournament this year such as the VA Preps Classic, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them and Northside in the final in a couple of weeks. And you're right. They've become a state power like your Dawgs winning the triple A states in 2010, 2011, 4a in 2014 and last year. Doe Doe was a great player. I never will forget when they beat heavily favored Petersburg in 2010 at the buzzer. That was probably the best state championship game since your Dawgs beat RE Lee in 06. Petersburg had current starting Kansas Jayhawks' guard Frank Mason and Tennessee Titans left guard Quinton Spain. I saw this Norcom team in 2011 beat #1 in the country Findlay Prep in Portsmouth. I have to say, that's quite a program they have!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT