ADVERTISEMENT

Who is ready to post the Power Points ratings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5starpick

VaPreps Rookie
Aug 18, 2008
This week marks the 5th game for most teams which means for non playoff teams, this season is half way over...
Anyone got a jump on rankings and playoff positioning to this point?

Here they are... For the West...

1. Brookville 25.80
2. Staunton River 23.20
3. Magna Vista 22.25
4. Abingdon 21.50
5. Rustburg 21.40
6. Western Albemarle 21.25
7. Lord Botetourt 20.40
8. Northside 19.60
9. Alleghany 19.20
10. Monticello 18.25
11. Waynesboro 18.00
12. Turner Ashby 17.80
13. Blacksburg 17.75
14. Broadway 17.00
15. Christiansburg 16.00
16. Liberty 15.80
17. Patrick County 15.40
18. Heritage 15.00

And for the East...

1. Phoebus 27.20
2. Brentsville District 22.00
3. Poquoson 20.75
3. James Monroe 20.75
5. York 19.75
6. Park View (SH) 19.50
7. Hopewell 19.25
8. Colonial Heights 18.00
9. Culpeper County 17.50
10. Tabb 16.75
10. Petersburg 16.75
10. Lakeland 16.75
13. Armstrong 16.50
14. Skyline 16.00
15. John Marshall 15.75
16. B T Washington 15.25
17. Spotsylvania 14.50
18. Warren County 14.25

Brentsville what a joke lol that cake schedule to begin the season will doom them the rest of the season 5-5

Hey. The Battle of Nokesville might be a close one. But yes. No sane person would seed Brentsville ahead of James Monroe. That is why these standings are somewhat useless at this point in the season.

Reactions: OCBoy
Start 5-0 end 0-5! The teams they have played are a joke I would like to know the combined records of the teams they beat already

I
Hey. The Battle of Nokesville might be a close one. But yes. No sane person would seed Brentsville ahead of James Monroe. That is why these standings are somewhat useless at this point in the season.
remember just a couple of years ago that beating Skyline and Warren County meant something. Guess it don't anymore.

Start 5-0 end 0-5! The teams they have played are a joke I would like to know the combined records of the teams they beat already
Well. Skyline is 2-2. But the "combined records" is not important. The important part is that a lot of similar teams are playing each other, and Brentsville has just been lucky to beat out those teams. None of which would be within 20 points of any team in the VAPREPS top 10.

Brentsville what a joke lol that cake schedule to begin the season will doom them the rest of the season 5-5

So I'm taking it OC boy that you haven't been out to Brentsville to catch a game. Had you, you would know that, this is not the maybe the Brentsville that you're used to. Their defensive front is absolutely ridiculous. And they look like they go four, five deep at running back. I did some checking and they've had a different hundred yard rusher every week. So perhaps a little bias in your response and disrespect towards them. Catch a game first, then talk trash about to the team. If they run the table, then what? They are about to play 4a schools, we will see where this goes. Tell you what, they are not a cupcake.

Brentsville has actually been creeping back to respectability the last few years, it is not all of a sudden. If the game were today, I would pick them over Kettle Run.

I agree with schoolboard definitely creeping back to respectful status, disagree on the defensive front being absolutely rediculous. Let's not go overboard here , lol

So I'm taking it OC boy that you haven't been out to Brentsville to catch a game. Had you, you would know that, this is not the maybe the Brentsville that you're used to. Their defensive front is absolutely ridiculous. And they look like they go four, five deep at running back. I did some checking and they've had a different hundred yard rusher every week. So perhaps a little bias in your response and disrespect towards them. Catch a game first, then talk trash about to the team. If they run the table, then what? They are about to play 4a schools, we will see where this goes. Tell you what, they are not a cupcake.
We will see in the coming weeks they have Liberty Fauquier and Eastern View and kettle run will become a laughing stock with that coach they have

Who said I haven't seen them? I seen them on hudl and they are the brentsville I think they are. And hoos you cry so much on here and hype Louisa up to be such a great team. You stir a lot of the crap on here up.

Reactions: hamspear
Who said I haven't seen them? I seen them on hudl and they are the brentsville I think they are. And hoos you cry so much on here and hype Louisa up to be such a great team. You stir a lot of the crap on here up.

Ok. The season continues. We will see where they go.

You said to watch out for Orange, they're still garbage. Fischer himself said we'd have a very good team this year. Even he didn't think the defense would start the season so crappy.

Their front 3 is very, very good. The kid at nose sat out last year, read a feature on them on Insidenova.com .

The team is #2 in the East Power rankings. Just wouldn't dismiss them.. Yes, btw, OC, you said what a joke. Pretty crazy and all that from Hudl.

I do see that Fischer's prior beach team is doing well... They were decent, started losing, Fischer came in and turned a 0-10 team into a 2-8 team , left, and I believe they are off to a 3-2 record this year. I love some Myrtle Beach area football!!!

I am really sorry that Skyline-Brentsville was the only game I missed(I was in California, so I hope HoosFan will forgive me) But I heard from people on the field that they were quite big up front, and that caused problems. But they do not have a well-balanced team that can compete with the big boys of 3A or even the medium boys of 4A. And I did see the Brentsville games the last two years, and they have been getting better.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Coach Smith has those kids going in the right direction. Fauquier, EV, Liberty, Culpeper in the coming weeks. All those teams are decent. Should be fun to watch to see if they can continue the run.

The team is #2 in the East Power rankings. Just wouldn't dismiss them.. Yes, btw, OC, you said what a joke. Pretty crazy and all that from Hudl.
I guess so with that cake schedule they have played

The coming weeks will be telling with the medium boys Of 4a. But if they come out of this thing undefeated watch out. Winning breeds confidence, and when you taste a little success it becomes contagious.

Coach Smith has those kids going in the right direction. Fauquier, EV, Liberty, Culpeper in the coming weeks. All those teams are decent. Should be fun to watch to see if they can continue the run.
I agree they look like a team that is heading in the right direction but they still haven't proved anything

Reactions: eastguy
I do see that Fischer's prior beach team is doing well... They were decent, started losing, Fischer came in and turned a 0-10 team into a 2-8 team , left, and I believe they are off to a 3-2 record this year. I love some Myrtle Beach area football!!!
Those kids were tiny when Fischer was there. All they had was a QB, still put up points, no defense, got out-scored. Can't believe you're implying he's not a good coach.

I think 3a is one of the most competitive divisions top to bottom. I think a number of teams could win it all this year compared to 4a, 5a, and 6a. When I say a number of teams I think when the regular season is over both the 3a west and 3a east have a lot of interesting match ups in each round. I don't see a lot of blow outs in this division in the playoffs.

I don't think you understand the difference between rankings, and power point standings after 5 weeks. One is an actual view of the ability of the team, and the other is based on close margin victories against other schools who have played even worse competition in their non-district schedule. You can get lots of points, and when you are dividing by few games, it doesn't mean much.

Not at all... Mark is a good friend of mine. He did in fact improve St. James. He had his hands full with his own complications while he was there.

I'm not looking at the rankings I'm looking at the football team. The rankings mean squat. Let's just see what they do. They are both quick and strong upfront defensively. I saw them shuffle like four kids at running back maybe five couldn't tell. All of them gain yards two of them are huge and fast. Should be an interesting next couple weeks

Last edited:
As a matter of fact, he started the same tradition of the midnight practice to kick off the season as he did at Louisa down there... and they have continued it even after he left...

While were in the Northern Virginia area although they aren't and 3a how about Forest Park? Oh and I saw a kid from North Stafford play #22 Freshman, Rb holy crap. 5 11 all speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT