ADVERTISEMENT

Who is your team's biggest rival?

VolNation85

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 29, 2013
With the Glass-Heritage game coming up this Friday it makes me wonder about other rivalries around the state. The Glass-Heritage rivalry is definitely the best in Central Va., maybe in the entire state. I put it up there with Phoebus-Hampton in the Tidewater area or Varina-Highland Springs in Richmond.

The rivalry between them is always intense, hard hitting, and very entertaining. The two schools are separated by less than 4 miles. Most of the players have known each other since little league in fact, most of them were teammates at some point in either little league or middle school. There are 3 feeder programs for the two high schools, Sandusky Middle feeds to Heritage, Linkhorne Middle feeds to Glass, and Dunbar Middle is split between both Heritage and Glass. These factors definitely make for a very interesting dynamic.

With that being said, who is your team's biggest rival and why?

Reactions: Chucksteel72
For Staunton River it used to be liberty. But as of recent I would have to say Jefferson Forest as a fan and alumni. For numerous reason I don't want to be on record for saying hahahaha. I will say LB and Byrd will hopefully be Statement games. The LB game should be game of the week, if not game of the year. In a lot of peoples opinion it's #1 vs #2 in all of 3a.

Reactions: VolNation85
I get the 3 schools are Bedford county schools but not a good example of a rivalry. Let's be honest SR has a rich 3 year tradition. JF/Liberty has owned the rivalry... heritage vs ec glass/Brookville..PH vs Fleming another good one. Magna Vista vs GW.

I get the 3 schools are Bedford county schools but not a good example of a rivalry. Let's be honest SR has a rich 3 year tradition. JF/Liberty has owned the rivalry... heritage vs ec glass/Brookville..PH vs Fleming another good one. Magna Vista vs GW.
@Pioneer 4life Are you a Heritage alum? Former player? Just curious.

Rivalry-competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field.

I guess according to you 90% of rivalry week is not good examples.

Heritage, glass, and Brookville has not always been good my friend.

Army vs navy is not a good example of a rivalry because 1 of them if not 2 are not good....according to you.

You make it very easy to contradict what you say bud lol....

Srhs did you write this post with tears dripping down your face...it was a good point but doesn't change the fact that you guys have only 4-5 winning seasons in school history.

Srhs did you write this post with tears dripping down your face...it was a good point but doesn't change the fact that you guys have only 4-5 winning seasons in school history.

After all that I had to say that's all you had to come up with? You confuse me.... I thought you was a fan hung up on the future. I bet you already have your hotel room for state title.... but now your hung up on the past lol. I'm just begging our teams play in the playoffs! I want you sitting between me and chuckie!!!! Bahahahaha

Jefferson Rivalry week is finally the last week of the season this year:

Monticello @ Charlottesville
Albemarle @ Western Albemarle
Louisa County @ Fluvanna County
Powhatan @ Orange

Can't we all just get along?

A rivalry doesn't have to be 2 good teams playing each other. Neither team has to be good, or just 1 can be good. A rivalry is between 2 teams that have a long history and in most eyes dislike for each other.

2 examples from my school. Stuarts Draft and Wilson have a rivalry that dates back since school was built. Not separated by many miles, and the kids used to go to middle school together. Stuarts Draft won around 30 years in a row. And it was always the "next year" talk. A lot of those years, SD was in 3a and Wilson 2a so Wilson could still have a better season, but lost that game.

Stuarts Draft and Waynesboro play every year for "The Ball" trophy. That is a rivalry as well. In the first few years of the trophy game, neither won many games, but that was a big game.

Reactions: Chucksteel72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT