ADVERTISEMENT

Who will challenge for the D5 Title... and why?

I believe you’ll be happy with your choice. I’ll more than likely be there and will sit on Manchester side.
It would be fun to share the excitement with you again! We'll chat again before the game, I'l come hang out with you again!. I got to see Dinwiddie Proud and Bleeding Navy yesterday at Henrico. It's always good to see you guys!

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Let's see, there's HSHS, then after that I'd say HSHS, and for a third choice, HSHS. That about cover's it. This team is , imho (maybe I'm wrong, calm down non-Springers), in the midst of some Bishop Gorman or De La Salle type dominance that the state of Va hasn't seen in a long time, if ever. If it can't be Hermitage, I say good for HSHS (and my buddy Springer76) and Go Springers!

Woodside plays a pretty tough brand of football. Last year was a definite drop off for them. But, Matt Hatfield picked them to win the Peninsula District over Phoebus and Hampton this year. Their scrimmage vs Lake Taylor sounded like they held their own in the early parts (I didn't see it tough).

Reactions: Gillismarkus
Woodside plays a pretty tough brand of football. Last year was a definite drop off for them. But, Matt Hatfield picked them to win the Peninsula District over Phoebus and Hampton this year. Their scrimmage vs Lake Taylor sounded like they held their own in the early parts (I didn't see it tough).

Woodside was beat by LT (who is much better this year) handily in a 2 quarter scrimmage. LT is coming off a down year and wasn’t a major factor in the Class 4 race in 2017. I think LT definitely is a big time factor in the 2018 season. But we are talking about a class 6 school (Woodside) that may have lost by more than a couple of TD’s against Lake Taylor. Now they are going to play the 3x class 5 champ in HSHS. Don’t be surprised to see another 50pt margin. I think it would actually be bad for Springs in the long run to win by such a large margin. One of these days they will play a team who won’t be afraid at the weigh in.

Woodside was beat by LT (who is much better this year) handily in a 2 quarter scrimmage. LT is coming off a down year and wasn’t a major factor in the Class 4 race in 2017. I think LT definitely is a big time factor in the 2018 season. But we are talking about a class 6 school (Woodside) that may have lost by more than a couple of TD’s against Lake Taylor. Now they are going to play the 3x class 5 champ in HSHS. Don’t be surprised to see another 50pt margin. I think it would actually be bad for Springs in the long run to win by such a large margin. One of these days they will play a team who won’t be afraid at the weigh in.

@mbonape1 I think it would actually be bad for Springs in the long run to win by such a large margin. One of these days they will play a team who won’t be afraid at the weigh in.....LOL...Respect ALL Fear NONE!!!

Maury beat Nansemond River Friday in a defensive battle. 16-15. The Commodores scores 16 straight points to pull out the win.

In 5A Maury has to be #2 now behind Indian River.

Indian River
Maury
Salem VB
Nansemond River
Hampton

Maury beat Nansemond River Friday in a defensive battle. 16-15. The Commodores scores 16 straight points to pull out the win.

In 5A Maury has to be #2 now behind Indian River.

Indian River
Maury
Salem VB
Nansemond River
Hampton

What was the final score of the Hampton vs Den.. game??

What was the final score of the Hampton vs Den.. game??

The game was suspended at Halftime like several games were down here. Crabbers are up 14-0. There doesn't seem to be any update on finishing this game.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with being cocky in my opinion. Last year, you couldn't tell me we, SB wasn't going to tear the mouth out of all of our opponents! Then we go and lose in the Regional by 1 point (lol). Parents are still talking about that 1 point loss which kept us from seeing HSHS in the states btw. Either way talk your ish brother! I love it!

Springers are going to be ready for whoever is on the other side of the field! Trust and believe that!
As you should be! Same with SB. For now will focus on Lake Braddock as they are next on the schedule. But definitely paying attention to what is going on in Richmond and VA Beach

As you should be! Same with SB. For now will focus on Lake Braddock as they are next on the schedule. But definitely paying attention to what is going on in Richmond and VA Beach
Oh yeah! In RVA, HS of course, Henrico has the best team they've had in many years and Varina will make some noise too. You can't count out LC Bird either!

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Oh yeah! In RVA, HS of course, Henrico has the best team they've had in many years and Varina will make some noise too. You can't count out LC Bird either!
I saw Henrico for the first half last week and was pretty impressed. The QB was as advertised. I am not sure they have anything for the Springers but this is the best Henrico team since 1999. It should be a game worth paying the $8 though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT