ADVERTISEMENT

Wikki and Chicken Taco(Tortilla)Soup

Lineheart

VaPreps Varsity
Jul 23, 2013
I'm the Chef at Shakers Restaurant in Lynchburg and your more than welcome to stop in before the game tonight(if they have it)and pickup a carryout order of Chicken Taco(Tortilla)Soup.I can have my Bartender be looking out for you if you have time.I will try and meet you but I'm usually busy around that time but your soup will be good and hot.

Well, now that I know your connection, you can bet that I will stop by one day. Nice looking place. Delicious looking menu.

ClarkeFan will probably drive down just for the purpose one day. The way he loves good food and all.

I'm the Chef at Shakers Restaurant in Lynchburg and your more than welcome to stop in before the game tonight(if they have it)and pickup a carryout order of Chicken Taco(Tortilla)Soup.I can have my Bartender be looking out for you if you have time.I will try and meet you but I'm usually busy around that time but your soup will be good and hot.
Wow thanks so much. I will definitely try to make it before the game. I made it for many state games because Amherst hosted it each year, staff from other venues heard about it and wanted to try it. It was always a big hit. The Amherst crew loves it

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Well, now that I know your connection, you can bet that I will stop by one day. Nice looking place. Delicious looking menu.

ClarkeFan will probably drive down just for the purpose one day. The way he loves good food and all.
Thank you.We did over 3 million last year and everything is made in house and to order.

I will definitely share that sometime this week. Dinwiddie has a copy of it

Chicken Taco Soup

1 onion chopped

1 (16 oz) can Chili beans

1 (15 oz) can black beans

1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn (drained)

1 (8oz) can tomato sauce

2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained (Rotel is the best)

1 (1.25 oz) package of taco seasoning mix

3 whole skinless boneless chicken breast

½ tsp sugar, if desired. I did to take away a little of the tartness from tomatoes

Place the onion, all the beans, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning mix and stir to blend. Lay chicken breast on top of mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover and cook for 5 hours.

Remove chicken breasts from the soup and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Shred chicken with two forks and put back into soup and continue to cook for 2 hours. Serve topped with cheddar cheese, sour cream or tortilla chips, if desired.

Chicken Taco Soup

1 onion chopped

1 (16 oz) can Chili beans

1 (15 oz) can black beans

1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn (drained)

1 (8oz) can tomato sauce

2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained (Rotel is the best)

1 (1.25 oz) package of taco seasoning mix

3 whole skinless boneless chicken breast

½ tsp sugar, if desired. I did to take away a little of the tartness from tomatoes

Place the onion, all the beans, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning mix and stir to blend. Lay chicken breast on top of mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover and cook for 5 hours.

Remove chicken breasts from the soup and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Shred chicken with two forks and put back into soup and continue to cook for 2 hours. Serve topped with cheddar cheese, sour cream or tortilla chips, if desired.
Dammit Wikki, now you've gone and ruined the anticipation of plain old burgers and dogs at Strasburg tonight! :p:D

Dammit Wikki, now you've gone and ruined the anticipation of plain old burgers and dogs at Strasburg tonight! :p:D
It is an easy recipe but it taste so good
I'M in the area now can I stop by shortly

I am eating it now and it is delicious, wow. Different than mine but it sure is good. Yours has the tortillas in it and chopped chicken, mine is shredded. I think I will order that the next time I go to shakers. It was nice meeting you and thanks for the compliments

Hey, yoo hoo. Hello. What about the rest of us? We are hungry too, you know?

Seriously, today is a good day for Wikki's recipe. Maybe that's what we should just refer to it as. "The Recipe" Like the Baldwin sisters from the Waltons!

Reactions: wikki and OCBoy

Seriously, today is a good day for Wikki's recipe. Maybe that's what we should just refer to it as. "The Recipe" Like the Baldwin sisters from the Waltons!
I just made it and it's GREAT!! Thanks wikki

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b

I remember the recipe from the Waltons that might taste good with the soup

Hey DP, do you remember climbing Walton's mountain when you were a kid?

Wiki, I made the soup today and it was a hit. Even my picky eating only chicken nugget son loved it and said it's something to make again! Thanks for the recipe!! :D
So glad you liked it. It is so easy and delicious, great for a crowd. Sometimes I make 3 crockpots at a time if I am feeding a lot. You can add sour cream on top for added flavor

So glad you liked it. It is so easy and delicious, great for a crowd. Sometimes I make 3 crockpots at a time if I am feeding a lot. You can add sour cream on top for added flavor

That's asking too much from my son. Sad part is I can't even eat it. I have allergies to poultry so I have to take everyone's word on it

I
I made it yesterday and it was great. I added sour cream and also crumbled Tostitos on top of it that made it even better. But thanks for the recipe!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT