ADVERTISEMENT

Will Pope be.........

Last time Salem played Brookville was 2008, not sure Kirven was even in high school. Kirven was your typical 4*, usually around 200-300 in the country. I think one service had him around 100 but that was a gross overestimation.

Thomas was a #1-3 TE prospect, a 5* on Scout, Army AA, usually around top 30-70 on a given ranking. The 2nd highest, though, is also a Bee and that was Zack McCray. Next two, if I had to guess, would probably be the Barbers but that's just based off their success not because I know who was recruiting them. The dropoff after that is probably quite severe and might be someone like Michael Cole, a random 3* from CS, or Cole Beck. There's probably some far older fans who know some guys from the 80s or something but you'd be hard pressed to even describe recruiting services back then as rags so who knows how some of those guys were actually ranked.

Pope will end up #2, though, but unless he skyrockets another 100 spots or so it'll still be Thomas at the top.

Last edited:
K'Vaughan Pope may not be the highest rated player to play at Salem Stadium, but he will be one of the most well rounded visiting players. He amazes me everytime I see him play.

On offense, he can run the ball, has hands like vice grips, and can block very well. Defensively, he tackles well, his pursuit is sound and he can cover just about anyone. Last year he returned a kick back for a td and blocked numerous xp/fg's.

The best thing about him is he a leader in the school and classroom. Its not unusual to see him helping out less fortunate students and providing a hug for encouragement. Gotta respect a kid like that.

Pope is a real Phenom. I think he is the best player to have ever worn a Dinwiddie helmet and maybe even that will "ever" wear a Dinwiddie helmet. I think he is the best all around player in the state and this is a super talented class of 2018. Terjada mitchel (Bishop Sullivan) committed to OSU. If Pope ends up going there also...with Pope's ball skills and Mitchell's seek and destroy downhill style... they are going to have an INCREDIBLE linebacking core! Both VA boys. I hope he goes to Va Tech but I seriously doubt it. The last time I watched Pope's hudl tape he honestly looked like a super hero out there. He can do things you just shouldn't be doing on the HS level.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
i am pretty sure Tiki and Ronde Barber played there

Salem and Cave Spring didn't play from 1988-1991 when the Spartans first dropped to AA. The series resumed in 1992 when Salem visited Cave Spring in the senior season for Tiki and Ronde. So, unfortunately, the Barbers never played in Salem Stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT