ADVERTISEMENT

Will Sherando make playoffs ...

You want Charlottesville to lose (vs Louisa) AND Harrisonburg to lose (vs Turner Ashby) and 2 of these 3 teams to lose: Heritage, Champe, or Pulaski. Luckily for you, I think Charlottesville will lose so you'll move to number 14, and Pulaski will probably lose to Salem, but that might not move them out of the top 12, and if it does, you'll still be behind them.

Well shoot. Charlottesville and Pulaski will have tough matchups for sure, but the others should all be well favored in their games.

Heritage (6-3) @ Loudoun County (3-6)
John Champe (6-3) vs. Freedom (4-5)
Harrisonburg (6-3) vs. Turner Ashby (5-4)

sillything.png

LOL that is hilarious but you never know. I wish the playoffs were 16 teams :-(
Y'all would beat ANY of those teams by a wide margin is the ironic thing

Unfortunately, I doubt it will be much of a game for Clarke on Senior night.

I thought Sherando looked pretty decent v. Eastern View. They ran the ball well if my recollection is accurate.
That was a tough, hard-hitting game. EV just wore Sherando down in the 2nd half. Sherando ran it pretty good in the 1st half if I remember correctly. Easy to tell that Sherando is a well coached team.

Unfortunately, I doubt it will be much of a game for Clarke on Senior night.

I thought Sherando looked pretty decent v. Eastern View. They ran the ball well if my recollection is accurate.
That was a tough, hard-hitting game. EV just wore Sherando down in the 2nd half. Sherando ran it pretty good in the 1st half if I remember correctly. Easy to tell that Sherando is a well coached team.

Reactions: hamspear
If Hunter is healthy, Millbrook will have to have a game plan designed to keep Entsminger/Rivers from beating them. Sherando is well coached, and very disciplined. I think this combination alone gives Sherando a 14 point advantage. The Sherando running back corp is three deep. It's a safe bet that one of them will be hot. Again, the Sherando coaches are savvy enough to recognize this, and maximize their opportunities. 35-21 Sherando.

Reactions: hamspear
Millbrook 49 - Sherando 21

No need really to debate this one - Millbrook is clearly the better team. Sherando has a bad defense for the first time in many years and Millbrook is loaded with athletes.
Didn't you predict 7 wins for Handley after the first game of the year. I think you also predicted Handley would beat Sherando. I'm a Handley guy but to be honest you know very little about high school football.

Didn't you predict 7 wins for Handley after the first game of the year. I think you also predicted Handley would beat Sherando. I'm a Handley guy but to be honest you know very little about high school football.

Never made those predictions - the optimist in me said we would be able to compete with seven teams on our schedule - Sherando being one of them - and things did not pan out that way. Jumped the gun a little bit on Handley - I was very enthusiastic about the direction of the program and believed the kids would get better and better and be able to give themselves a shot at winning some games. Things did not pan out that way this season - hopefully they can get one this weekend and take some momentum into the offseason. I don't know that making predictions that turn out to be wrong means you know nothing about football - there are lots of former players and coaches who predict the outcomes of games every weekend that are incorrect - lots of people on this message board as well - does that mean they know nothing about football? I did predict the outcome of the Sherando - Millbrook game this weekend - we will find out Friday night if I was right or wrong about that one.

BTW - I got Handley pulling out a win this weekend in a defensive struggle but would not be surprised if James Wood came out on top.

Last edited:
Never made those predictions - the optimist in me said we would be able to compete with seven teams on our schedule - Sherando being one of them - and things did not pan out that way. Jumped the gun a little bit on Handley - I was very enthusiastic about the direction of the program and believed the kids would get better and better and be able to give themselves a shot at winning some games. Things did not pan out that way this season - hopefully they can get one this weekend and take some momentum into the offseason. I don't know that making predictions that turn out to be wrong means you know nothing about football - there are lots of former players and coaches who predict the outcomes of games every weekend that are incorrect - lots of people on this message board as well - does that mean they know nothing about football? I did predict the outcome of the Sherando - Millbrook game this weekend - we will find out Friday night if I was right or wrong about that one.

BTW - I got Handley pulling out a win this weekend in a defensive struggle but would not be surprised if James Wood came out on top.
No, your exact quote in reference to Sherando was " I think we can take them".

No, your exact quote in reference to Sherando was " I think we can take them".

Handley boy,
One rule of thumb on this board that you might want to take note on is that if a team beats your your team 56-0 or worse, you probably shouldn't be calling the opposing teams defense bad. A bad defense at Sherando is still ten times better than Handley has had in the past 5 or 6 years. I realize you are probably a student , so I am going to give you some slack because you don't know any better. But Daboyz is right , you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to high school football. Daboyz18 is a pretty sharp guy and has earned my respect as well as some others on here. Before you go spouting off about bad defense , you might want to consult with him. There is Sherando bad , and then there is everybody else bad. Thank you have a great evening.

I remember exactly what you said you thought a Handley win over a bad WC team was enough to make them better than a Sherando loss to a good Louisa team. BTW I predict Sherando and James Wood this weekend I've seen enough to know Handley is a very bad football team....On the bright side Handley Basketball should be very strong!

Reactions: JHHSPRIDE1
So why are there two JHHSPride accounts? Did the same guy just forget his password and make another account? @JHHSPride is the one who said he's a Handley coach and made those predictions, I assume @JHHSPRIDE1 is the same person.

So why are there two JHHSPride accounts? Did the same guy just forget his password and make another account? @JHHSPride is the one who said he's a Handley coach and made those predictions, I assume @JHHSPRIDE1 is the same person.
No Handley coach would make any comments like we have heard. Doubt either account is a actual coach. Most coaches in our area are good people and would never say anything like that. Kind of funny really, ignored it originally , but you sometimes you just have one of those days. Lol needed to be addressed.

Reactions: JHHSPRIDE1
I thought he said his son was the coach, unless I am confusing him with some other Handley poster after Game 1. I hope Handley wins this weekend, just to keep alive my chance to drive 3 hours to Hopewell.

Lol

No Handley coach would make any comments like we have heard. Doubt either account is a actual coach. Most coaches in our area are good people and would never say anything like that. Kind of funny really, ignored it originally , but you sometimes you just have one of those days. Lol needed to be addressed.

LOL y'all are tough on the newbies. I just joined a few months back and I'm a student so I'm gonna try and say only good things about Sherando and Louisa around you two.

Handley boy,
One rule of thumb on this board that you might want to take note on is that if a team beats your your team 56-0 or worse, you probably shouldn't be calling the opposing teams defense bad. A bad defense at Sherando is still ten times better than Handley has had in the past 5 or 6 years. I realize you are probably a student , so I am going to give you some slack because you don't know any better. But Daboyz is right , you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to high school football. Daboyz18 is a pretty sharp guy and has earned my respect as well as some others on here. Before you go spouting off about bad defense , you might want to consult with him. There is Sherando bad , and then there is everybody else bad. Thank you have a great evening.

I will do my best to earn the same level of respect in your eyes as Daboyz18 - it would mean a lot to me. Both of you just please stop telling me I do not know anything about high school football - coming from individuals with such a known pedigree and background in the sport it really does hurt. I have also decided to alter my prediction on the game - I am going:
Sherando 2
Millbrook 0

Don't worry @JHHSPRIDE1, you aren't the first poster hamspear has told they have no football knowledge, and certainly won't be the last. I'm surprised Daboyz also said it this time. Sherando did just give up 49 points and chunks of yards to (a very good) Fort Hill, regardless of injuries or whatever, so it's not like your argument had no merit or was completely out of left field. No, I'm not saying Millbrook is on Fort Hill's, Louisa's, Martinsburg's, or Eastern View's level, but your opinion isn't completely out there. I don't agree with it, but I can see your point and don't think it stems from Sherando hate.

I will do my best to earn the same level of respect in your eyes as Daboyz18 - it would mean a lot to me. Both of you just please stop telling me I do not know anything about high school football - coming from individuals with such a known pedigree and background in the sport it really does hurt. I have also decided to alter my prediction on the game - I am going:
Sherando 2
Millbrook 0

Totally off the mark. It'll be 4-3, with Millbrook's three points coming from a safety and a one-point safety.

:p

I did not consult with Daboyz18 - the use of z instead of s in his username is intimidating.

And I'm with you Hoos - stated an opinion and became public enemy #1 because I didn't pick their team to win.

I do not hate Sherando - I think they have a great program.

Reactions: schoolboard
I thought he said his son was the coach, unless I am confusing him with some other Handley poster after Game 1. I hope Handley wins this weekend, just to keep alive my chance to drive 3 hours to Hopewell.

Lol they have no business going to Hopewell next week, if I were them I would give up the spot if they made it, feel bad for Gilbert and Crist this year, good ol boy system in the youth league is killing them

Lol they have no business going to Hopewell next week, if I were them I would give up the spot if they made it, feel bad for Gilbert and Crist this year, good ol boy system in the youth league is killing them

I did not consult with Daboyz18 - the use of z instead of s in his username is intimidating.

And I'm with you Hoos - stated an opinion and became public enemy #1 because I didn't pick their team to win.

I do not hate Sherando - I think they have a great program.
no , have no problem with picking Millbrook to win as many will. But a Handley guy calling Sherando defense really bad is a joke.

Don't worry @JHHSPRIDE1, you aren't the first poster hamspear has told they have no football knowledge, and certainly won't be the last. I'm surprised Daboyz also said it this time. Sherando did just give up 49 points and chunks of yards to (a very good) Fort Hill, regardless of injuries or whatever, so it's not like your argument had no merit or was completely out of left field. No, I'm not saying Millbrook is on Fort Hill's, Louisa's, Martinsburg's, or Eastern View's level, but your opinion isn't completely out there. I don't agree with it, but I can see your point and don't think it stems from Sherando hate.
So Louisa defense is really bad because they gave up almost 40 points to 3A Western Albermarle who is a .500 team? It's not out of left field.

@hamspear reread the first three words of the last sentence of my last post. I specifically bolded a word just to avoid this, and you still didn't see, or chose not to see. Maybe I also should've capitalized and italicized it.

I just hope I get cell signal at the Skyline-Warren County game, because I am going to be checking my twitter feed for Millbrook-Sherando updates, as I am sure that will be a fun game regardless of who wins.

I aplogize , I am on my antique IPhone and missed that part. however, the first part of your statement was not really necessary . I thought we were moving on.

no , have no problem with picking Millbrook to win as many will. But a Handley guy calling Sherando defense really bad is a joke.

So because I cheer for a bad team then I cannot have an opinion on anything? If that's the board rule then I will follow the rules. But then Hamspear you will have to stop offering up your opinions as well - because your team is bad as well. Not as bad as my team - but still bad. Or maybe you feel Sherando is a good team - but I don't believe losing to every team on your schedule with a winning record makes you a good team just like I don't think beating the 1-9 teams here in the north by 60 makes you a good team either.

So if Sherando beAts Millbrook who is 8-1, they are no longer a bad team?
Tough to say - I believe had Sherando played Millbrook's schedule they'd be 8-1 and had Millbrook played Sherando's schedule they would be 5-4... just my opinion. For the record - I do not believe Sherando is bad - was just trying to make a point with the last comment. As far as Sherando's defense is concerned - I guess this whole thing stems from my original comment where I referred to their defense as bad instead of saying something like - "Sherando's defense has a few holes I believe Millbrook's athletes can exploit." It's saying the same thing - but I forget that living in today's pc world everything you say offends someone.

Oh so back up with your comments now. You were clear in your statements several times. We will see what happens Friday night , I also think Millbrook could score points on Sherando.

Sherando bad = missing the playoffs this year. Winter tryouts start next Monday. Keep us posted on the basketball team.

Hamspear - now we have Millbrook fans on here talking smack. I'd pump the breaks on that Pioneer - I believe you will get one this year but that doesn't erase the years of dominance Sherando has over you. What - this could be the second time you have beat them in 15 years? And Sherando usually beats you guys by about 30 or 40 points. Enjoy your team and good luck.

GUYS can we just stop this conversation and wait until friday? Jeez! Sherando is 5-4 but has played a rock hard schedule. Millbrook is 8-1 but has played a much softer schedule, and we will see who wins on friday! End of discussion!

Oh so back up with your comments now. You were clear in your statements several times. We will see what happens Friday night , I also think Millbrook could score points on Sherando.

You're right - I guess I did "back up with my comments" - I guess I got scared or something. It takes a strong chest thumping manly individual like yourself to stay on here and speak your mind. Have fun wrestling that grizzley bear today - just don't hurt him too bad.

Although - you are the same guy who got his feelings hurt when someone picked another team to beat his. You are an interesting dichotomy hamspear.

You're right - I guess I did "back up with my comments" - I guess I got scared or something. It takes a strong chest thumping manly individual like yourself to stay on here and speak your mind. Have fun wrestling that grizzley bear today - just don't hurt him too bad.

Although - you are the same guy who got his feelings hurt when someone picked another team to beat his. You are an interesting dichotomy hamspear.
I take your thoughts with a grain of salt, have no problem with you picking Millbrook , I wish everyone on here would. But you made irrational comments about Sherando having a bad defense. I realize you havnt seen a lot of good defense this year, and maybe that is the reason not having anything to measure against. You can try and manipulate the conversation and make it personal. I won't go down that road. I just thought after your comments at the beginning of the year, it's kind of pathetic you got the nerve to come on here and say Sherando defense is bad. Hopefully they prove you wrong on Friday night. You didn't just pick Millbrook to win.

Hamspear Says:
"You have no clue what your talking about when it comes to high school football."

"You can try to manipulate the conversation and make it personal. I will not go down that road."

So you make it personal first then say you are not going to make it personal - whatever. You also seemed to take it personal when I picked Millbrook to win - not sure why considering I don't even know who you are. Then you got Daboyz starting stuff - I think that might be you using a different username - not sure which one you use to troll but I'm leaning towards the Hamspear account.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT