ADVERTISEMENT

Will The Sussex Central Tigers Return To Form

trutiger16

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Jun 10, 2014
Just wondering will the Tigers return to form and wage and all out assault on Region B ?
Sussex has the tools and experience to shift the tide in Region B away from the 3x champs, to do so Sussex must be able operate its signature veer offense to perfection and allow Jefferson to open up the offense when needed to the spread, last year I doubt Sussex ever even operated out of the spread formation due to the young Tigers having milk on there breath. The Tigers success will rely on the following pieces on offense.

QB Tyree Rose - showed great promise last year he must accept full leadership this year and take charge of the offense ( Maybe the best corner in all of 1a

RB Imir Clark - Will be the feature back ( must run stronger inside) A headache at Nose Tackle

Jamie Gray - Has the potential to be a game changing pulling guard for the veer , must remain aggressive and nasty for 4 quarters.

Shamadre Chambliss - Great size and strength at tackle ( Must play angry)

Xavier Taylor & Tyson Garrett - The blocking from the TE positions will have to improve from these two if so this offense will be hell to stop. Garrett Will be a game changing DE this year

Ricky Swarn - Should be solid at safety and a big hitter

Eric Gibbons - Along with Gray could be dangerous combination at guard.

Sussex has the pieces to succeed and return to form this year the Essex contest will reveal at lot from a maturity stand point ! Tiger Pride

Reactions: MGF
Just wondering will the Tigers return to form and wage and all out assault on Region B ?
Sussex has the tools and experience to shift the tide in Region B away from the 3x champs, to do so Sussex must be able operate its signature veer offense to perfection and allow Jefferson to open up the offense when needed to the spread, last year I doubt Sussex ever even operated out of the spread formation due to the young Tigers having milk on there breath. The Tigers success will rely on the following pieces on offense.

QB Tyree Rose - showed great promise last year he must accept full leadership this year and take charge of the offense ( Maybe the best corner in all of 1a

RB Imir Clark - Will be the feature back ( must run stronger inside) A headache at Nose Tackle

Jamie Gray - Has the potential to be a game changing pulling guard for the veer , must remain aggressive and nasty for 4 quarters.

Shamadre Chambliss - Great size and strength at tackle ( Must play angry)

Xavier Taylor & Tyson Garrett - The blocking from the TE positions will have to improve from these two if so this offense will be hell to stop. Garrett Will be a game changing DE this year

Ricky Swarn - Should be solid at safety and a big hitter

Eric Gibbons - Along with Gray could be dangerous combination at guard.

Sussex has the pieces to succeed and return to form this year the Essex contest will reveal at lot from a maturity stand point ! Tiger Pride

Nice run down. Sounds like 7 impact players, which is a good number to have on a small team.

@trutiger16 how is Southampton? Rapp has them on the schedule this year
Southampton has a new coach this year, they will not be very good , they have a very young team and there is turmoil over the coaching. Rapp should handle them very easy. Southampton has the athletes but the former system did not fit the personnel, they believe in old school power I. I'm not sure what the new coach will install but if I had to bet it's similar to the old system , that community believes in old school smash mouth ball that provided them legendary success in the 1970's.

Nice run down. Sounds like 7 impact players, which is a good number to have on a small team.
Sussex still needs a 2nd back to emerge , Jefferson hasn't had that game breaking running back since Darren Curly and Mike Jarratt.
So I expect the competition for that 2nd back to be fierce come August. The Tigers will have to build some Depth. It will be opportunities for freshman to contribute. Sussex will be special the next 5 years, They have a 13 year old on JV if he continues with his progression will be very special next year at Rb.

Reactions: MGF
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT