ADVERTISEMENT

William and Mary

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
So now that I'm inside the stadium it's bigger than I first thought from a distance only problem been u have to park far away

The parking was the worst we have ever seen. 27th State Championship in a row a buddy and I have been to and it was a nightmare. We won't go back to see a game there for any reason

It wasn't much better at Hampton University either. You could seat more fans at HSHS! Springer side was overflowing, some sat on SB side, lots in the endzone. Had to walk 2 or 3 blocks from parking lot! Nice facility, just small and too far to walk!

Everyone needs to complain to your AD or principal so they can convey it to the vhsl. We also can email the vhsl

It wasn't much better at Hampton University either. You could seat more fans at HSHS! Springer side was overflowing, some sat on SB side, lots in the endzone. Had to walk 2 or 3 blocks from parking lot! Nice facility, just small and too far to walk!
C'mon man! Hampton had plenty of seating for both games. I was there and there were plenty of gaps on HS side in the stands, especially on the end near the endzone stands. That whole section was nearly empty. I sat in the endzone stands during that game and there was plenty of room up there as well. I thought parking was fine but the $5 charge was silly. Concessions were horrible. No napkins, really?! They ended up closing during the second game. SMH. At least their restroom had hot water. An HS fan in there even commented on it hahaha.

Last edited:
I contacted the W&M parking service concerning where to park. They told me, "The lots at William and Mary Hall." That's where we parked, and we had ZERO problems. The walk to the stadium from the car was comparable to what we had at LU, possibly shorter. Leaving, it was just a matter of waiting to be let in to a long line of traffic. Same as almost every other football game. It took me much longer to get out of William Byrd two weeks ago.

I'm sorry for all those who truly encountered problems. We had none, parking-related or otherwise. For my part, I'll email the VHSL and Salem's AD, congratulating them on the new venue, and recommending the games be kept there through at least 2019.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT