ADVERTISEMENT

With the season about to start

Nov 24, 2006
Who are some sleeper teams who might have flown under the radar so far this off season?
Who are your top 5-10 teams by region and state?
Lastly who are some players to expect big things out of?

Who comes out of Region B? Saw the Shenandoah guys putting Gap towards the bottom simply because of returning skill kids. Is it Sussex Central or are there challengers. Weird region with 8 teams and 6 get in.

Then as a whole, who goes up top with Riverheads gone?

Essex vs sussex, I believe it's week 1 will give a good idea of how both those teams look. A very good chance they will meet again in the state semi-finals.

Based on limited knowledge at this point, Sussex should be a prohibitive favorite in that opener. Essex, while still with talent, lost lots of firepower from both sides of the ball. At this point, I'd also say don't sleep on West Point and Westmoreland might be a difficult opponent.

One thing for certain, another 1A team will be crowned state champions besides the reigning RH! Honaker out of Region D could make a deep run from what I’m hearing…A lot of returning talent & good coaching staff. It’s all just a guessing game until the teams get a few games under their belts.

I could see Grayson in title game this year Supposably they return a lot and got some talented transfers in too

Grayson on paper at least, looks to be the most talented team in C or D. George Wythe, Galax, Giles, McCluer, Honaker, Patrick Henry, Holston, Rural Retreat will/would if they play, all have a tough time handling Grayson this year, if Grayson gets out of C, and most people back this way are picking them. With what they return, there's just no way they aren't going to be really good. They are the C favs and probably the favs in all of the West. Honaker looks to be the favs out of D. Patrick Henry and Holston will challenge, and nobody is talking much about Rural Retreat, but I heard they return quite a bit and are going to be pretty good. Rural Retreat would be my surprise team in 1D preseason that is kind of under the radar.

Reactions: KW23
Grayson on paper at least, looks to be the most talented team in C or D. George Wythe, Galax, Giles, McCluer, Honaker, Patrick Henry, Holston, Rural Retreat will/would if they play, all have a tough time handling Grayson this year, if Grayson gets out of C, and most people back this way are picking them. With what they return, there's just no way they aren't going to be really good. They are the C favs and probably the favs in all of the West. Honaker looks to be the favs out of D. Patrick Henry and Holston will challenge, and nobody is talking much about Rural Retreat, but I heard they return quite a bit and are going to be pretty good. Rural Retreat would be my surprise team in 1D preseason that is kind of under the radar.
Shouldn’t Grayson be 2A but petitioned to stay 1A?

Grayson on paper at least, looks to be the most talented team in C or D. George Wythe, Galax, Giles, McCluer, Honaker, Patrick Henry, Holston, Rural Retreat will/would if they play, all have a tough time handling Grayson this year, if Grayson gets out of C, and most people back this way are picking them. With what they return, there's just no way they aren't going to be really good. They are the C favs and probably the favs in all of the West. Honaker looks to be the favs out of D. Patrick Henry and Holston will challenge, and nobody is talking much about Rural Retreat, but I heard they return quite a bit and are going to be pretty good. Rural Retreat would be my surprise team in 1D preseason that is kind of under the radarscope

I drive by Grayson once a week for work. I've seen them out practicing. Doesn't look like a lot of bodies out there. Maybe quality over quantity.

Grayson only lost 4 starters and they had a pretty solid team last season. I predict them to represent the West in Salem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT