ADVERTISEMENT

Woodgrove Football - Fox NFL pregame clip link

Tom Potter

VaPreps Varsity
Oct 17, 2015
Lovettsville,VA
I got this email from the Woodgrove team moms :
Start of email-

Josh Norman with the Washington Redskins and Fox NFL Sunday visited WHS Last night and filmed our Varsity Football Team for a segment that will air this Sunday! Our team performed a re-enactment of a play from last week's game between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Detroit Lions.

Go Woodgrove!

-End of email

My son plays freshman football so I am not sure about all of the details but most likely Fox will show this re-enactment before the 1 PM Redskins - Eagles game tomorrow?

My bad!

The Fox clip with our Varsity players was fully aired Sunday, 10/16 at 11:50am on National television.

Hail Skins!

Last edited:
DP,
I have no idea how Woodgrove got selected to participate in this cool opportunity?

I will try to run connection to ground tonight @ my son's freshman football game!

If I had to guess I would say the connection is Redskins Park being located in Ashburn in Loudoun County.

Woodgrove is the last unbeaten team in Loudoun County now & I believe our Head Coach Skinner was a Redskins Coach of the week last year or the year before?

I liked it because anything that showcases high school football, and especially here in the Commonwealth, is a great thing. But, just the piece in general was entertaining and informative.

Kudos to Woodgrove.

Thanks DP.

So I asked around and the consensus of opinion was that Coach Skinner has been coaching around the DC metro area for a long time and he said yes to the Redskins and Fox when they called asking for help.

I do not know if we were the first team they called.

Actually it was on TV yesterday. It came on really early in the broadcast. It was a cool piece. Glad to see those young men be a part of it.

Xcellent news!

Thanx for the heads up 1Gensfan!

I did not see the clip on the Fox pregame show so I figured they didn't show it at all.

I was not able to watch the Redskins game on Sunday...

Great news!

@Tom Potter no problem. I was actually cleaning house and noticed Josh Norman talking when I remembered your post. I watched the segment and resumed cleaning. Really cool to see it. I can only imagine how happy those young men were.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT