ADVERTISEMENT

Woodside Wolverines vs Phoebus Phantoms

Kenneth Harris

VaPreps Varsity
Jun 22, 2022
Phoebus, the 2-time D3 & 7-time D5 champs have some efficiency problems on offense. Meaning that they make way too many mistakes when they have the ball. If they are going to win their first D4 title simply depending on their excellent special teams and that aggressive and swarming defense will be problematic against top tier talent like the Foxes, Generals or Spartans. Teams like those don't normally make multiple mistakes late in the season. The Phantoms must know they have the biggest of targets on their backs. Because they are a program of excellence, even the lowest expectation is that any sloppiness cannot be a part of their game. Their defense is mean and scary and should be declared a national health hazard. It's 34-0 at the half. 2 touchdowns came via Phoebus special teams and defense as usual. The game was called.

You know Phoebus is without their starting center and a Tackle right now? We will be straight.

You know Phoebus is without their starting center and a Tackle right now? We will be straight.
I think it is more than ok to critique the team that played tonight. Somewhere during the lifespan of sports fans came to believe no one was allowed to offer any negative criticism of their favorite team, as it seems to offend. I've been a Phoebus Phantom fan since 1980. I think I earned my stripes and that blacked out concussion I left on Bill Dee Field paid the price in full. All teams play the current game based on who dresses and performs, not who might dress later. This team made too many blunders on offense tonight. A good team will not be as kind as the Wolverines.

I think it is more than ok to critique the team that played tonight. Somewhere during the lifespan of sports fans came to believe no one was allowed to offer any negative criticism of their favorite team, as it seems to offend. I've been a Phoebus Phantom fan since 1980. I think I earned my stripes and that blacked out concussion I left on Bill Dee Field paid the price in full. All teams play the current game based on who dresses and performs, not who might dress later. This team made too many blunders on offense tonight. A good team will not be as kind as the Wolverines.
Ok? I just was telling you we are hurt right now in key positions on the line lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT