ADVERTISEMENT

Worst school to coach?

Jan 23, 2002
I know it's playoff time, but also late in season means jobs open up. I just saw where Bluestone's head coach just resigned. I believe that makes 8 head coaches in the last 10-11 years.

This made me wonder what the worst school to coach at in the state is and why? Something has to be chasing them off down there.

King and Queen Central. Nobody and I mean nobody has stayed there more than 3 years. Even ran state runner up Coach John Fulks out of town after 2 seasons. After he left there he had successful runs at neighboring schools West Point (turned a 1 or 2 win team to a regional finalist a couple times) and Essex (went to state championship several times)

Reactions: gwb16
I don't know about the entire state as a whole, but in SWVA, it's got to be Gate City. Had a decent season last year, making the playoffs, but by week 2 this year, the fan base was already calling for a new coach. Tough crowd down in western Scott County.

VT......smells like cow crap.....all the girls have fat legs and look like like men.

UVA, smells like condom farts when the men expel gas, or more like the smell of burnt human feces. You know, the same kind of smell that wreaks in San Francisco. I prefer cow crap over the smell of human crap, or men farts that smell like condoms.<---not saying there's anything wrong with that, I just simply prefer the cow crap vs the other option, that's all. Additionally at VT, the girls that have "fat legs" are actually girls. It's tough to tell what your dealing with in Hooville. You can never tell if you have a "Tracy or Pat" on your hands.<----Again, not saying there's anything wrong with that, but just giving you my preference.

Somebody already said Cumberland, so i will throw Nelson in there. Any team that doesnt have a winning tradition are hard to get motivated and establish a program. They have to start from lil league up! Coach Smith laid down a great blueprint here in Appo on how to build up a great program. I watched it from the beginning.

I think some administrations have coaches running off as well. Some administrations want too much power of the sports programs and tells coaches what to do and what not to do.

Cumberland is a dumpster fire. Smells like chicken crap over there too...

That is a great coach to win all them State Championships with 3 plays!!! AMAZING!!! He is a mastermind!!! Just saying.....
It’s actually 1 play. Just think if they were the whole chicken and not just a single wing. They would never get beat. LoL!!

UVA, smells like condom farts when the men expel gas, or more like the smell of burnt human feces. You know, the same kind of smell that wreaks in San Francisco. I prefer cow crap over the smell of human crap, or men farts that smell like condoms.<---not saying there's anything wrong with that, I just simply prefer the cow crap vs the other option, that's all. Additionally at VT, the girls that have "fat legs" are actually girls. It's tough to tell what your dealing with in Hooville. You can never tell if you have a "Tracy or Pat" on your hands.<----Again, not saying there's anything wrong with that, but just giving you my preference.
And you know what this smells like, first hand??

Winning is not a right, it's a reward for hard work and dedication. You also need some good athletes to develop, good coaches, school and community support. Sadly some schools don't put in the effort while others strive for success. Everyone can't be state champs but they can sure work harder and increase their chances. Gate City will be back, they don't accept losing. I may apply for the coaching job. HR 6 would love my offense, spread, 3 plays, TD. Onside kick, 1 play, TD.

Reactions: BullRunFootball
So much jealousy over our 25 National Championships versus your big fat ZERO!!! Unbelievable VT can’t win one in anything.....smell you some that lucas.

Reactions: wikki
Bluestone just needs the right coach. They are loaded with talent each year just beeing used wrong. Cumberland just doesn't have enough kids but I did see some good players on thier youth league coming up.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Somebody already said Cumberland, so i will throw Nelson in there. Any team that doesnt have a winning tradition are hard to get motivated and establish a program. They have to start from lil league up! Coach Smith laid down a great blueprint here in Appo on how to build up a great program. I watched it from the beginning.

I think some administrations have coaches running off as well. Some administrations want too much power of the sports programs and tells coaches what to do and what not to do.
I would take the Nelson job if it was offered. There is a lot of upside there. They have the athletes. They just need someone to rally the community and teach the kids. Nelson is a coach's dream. Unmolded clay.

Didn’t the Cavs win a baseball championship in recent memory? That’s one of the big three and basketball has been decent lately. Football is another story and frankly it is disappointing. But you can’t dismiss all other sports just because you are dominate in one but rarely competitive in others. VT can recruit and has a phenomenal coaching staff and I applaud them on that. No need to degrade other college sports and discount the athletes that compete in those sports though. Congrats on the win, until next fall. Maybe we can stop the bleeeding at 14, lol.

Didn’t the Cavs win a baseball championship in recent memory? That’s one of the big three and basketball has been decent lately. Football is another story and frankly it is disappointing. But you can’t dismiss all other sports just because you are dominate in one but rarely competitive in others. VT can recruit and has a phenomenal coaching staff and I applaud them on that. No need to degrade other college sports and discount the athletes that compete in those sports though. Congrats on the win, until next fall. Maybe we can stop the bleeeding at 14, lol.
It's inevitable the Hoos will beat us again. Before that happens, I just hope and pray that we can win a national championship in something, anything.

Gretna. You win they want you out, you lose they want you out. Wouldn’t have that job ;)
I would like to have Senseney back.....represented our school well. Prunty did a fabulous job, looks like he might be available soon, ECU not doing well. It is a tough job and very few coaches meet our standards....LOL

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Not one of those sports brings national interest prune!
LMAO.....Baseball says hello....Soccer has passed football in youth sports for popularity.....I could go on and on but you put another chew in and scream at your tv and remember the good ole Vick years.....those are as good as it will ever get for you. In the meantime the school with the best sports programs will just keep winning NC’s.

I would take the Nelson job if it was offered. There is a lot of upside there. They have the athletes. They just need someone to rally the community and teach the kids. Nelson is a coach's dream. Unmolded clay.
I thought the coach they got at nelson now has started that groundwork. From what i heard. Many speak highly of him. I could be wrong after reading your post

Reactions: naildriver91
I thought the coach they got at nelson now has started that groundwork. From what i heard. Many speak highly of him. I could be wrong after reading your post

He has. They just started a youth program 2 years ago, before the kids were playing at a few schools in Augusta County or few with another league. They are starting to lay the groundwork. The 1st season of the little league program, all 3 age groups totaled 0 wins, this past season, 2 had 0 wins and 1 group had around .500 record. So they are getting better

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
He has. They just started a youth program 2 years ago, before the kids were playing at a few schools in Augusta County or few with another league. They are starting to lay the groundwork. The 1st season of the little league program, all 3 age groups totaled 0 wins, this past season, 2 had 0 wins and 1 group had around .500 record. So they are getting better
Good to hear....gotta embrace the process

Nelson is a tough job due to lack of interest and the county being soo big and spread out. Page County seems like another one to stay away from.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Nelson is a tough job due to lack of interest and the county being soo big and spread out. Page County seems like another one to stay away from.
that is what Im implying. Im friends and went to school with AD...he said he has 5-10 kids in weight room before the beginning of season. He says they made it a mission to put travel buses at convenience stores and other areas in county to get kids to school for practices and weight room. This did not help the issue...
Many of them kids in that area have parents working 30 minutes up to an hour and a half away. Im sure that is a factor as well. That is one wealthy county though!

Soltis has been at Page for 6 years now with a 9-51 record. Has a great weight room he's put in at the middle school. Unfortunately for him, not a ton of kids show up regularly during the offseason and summer to lift. I'm sure he's on the hot seat from the fans in the stands, but not sure he is from the administration. He has some athletes on the team, lost a lot of talented kids to graduation this year, but needs the work ethic to be better......but that's for any coach at Page to be successful.

Reactions: catchtds
LMAO.....Baseball says hello....Soccer has passed football in youth sports for popularity.....I could go on and on but you put another chew in and scream at your tv and remember the good ole Vick years.....those are as good as it will ever get for you. In the meantime the school with the best sports programs will just keep winning NC’s.

Buddy up here is really discussing soccer...?? The US failed to reach the World Cup after losing to Trinidad and Tobago, a country that has the population size of New Hampshire :D:D:D

Always remember this, the US Soccer program had $1 billion dollars allocated to their "development" program over the next 10 years and they fail to MAKE the WC, the United States Men's Wrestling team WINS the World Championships only given a box of granola bars and a plane ticket.

Put your shinguards back on, Trevor! :):)

You obviously are a VT homer that doesn’t understand real sports....most don’t so you are not alone. Pretty short list of P5 colleges with zero NC’s. Congrats, I guess.....
Proud Hokie here, but I have to admit it is a very short list. VT is the only school on it. In fact, we were the only FBS school without a national championship until a few schools made the jump to FBS recently, and even some of them have trophies. It is the Hokies' great shame. On the bright side, what a party it will be win we finally win one!

I remember when the road to state championship went thru Gretna and Gate City most every season. Now people are saying both are bad places to coach.

Reactions: obguthr
Buddy up here is really discussing soccer...?? The US failed to reach the World Cup after losing to Trinidad and Tobago, a country that has the population size of New Hampshire :D:D:D

Always remember this, the US Soccer program had $1 billion dollars allocated to their "development" program over the next 10 years and they fail to MAKE the WC, the United States Men's Wrestling team WINS the World Championships only given a box of granola bars and a plane ticket.

Put your shinguards back on, Trevor! :):)

While those are all facts, I can dispute the conclusion you drew. US Soccer needs to be razed and rebuilt. It may be challenged only by the NCAA in corruption. Pay to play is not a solid foundation on which to build a world class team. The data shows this but the greedy heads of US Soccer don't care. So don't discount athletes because of an organization.
As for VT/UVA, it is what it is. UVA has to sit there and take it through the fall. The rest of the year, VT can't even find its feet.
Wrestling is another of those sports that needs more of a drive in younger arenas. Many kids, who could be great wrestlers, aren't even introduced to the sport until 12-13. For most that is years too late.

You obviously are a VT homer that doesn’t understand real sports....most don’t so you are not alone. Pretty short list of P5 colleges with zero NC’s. Congrats, I guess.....
Don't care for either school,I just saidsoccer is for the one's not tough enough to play football.

While those are all facts, I can dispute the conclusion you drew. US Soccer needs to be razed and rebuilt. It may be challenged only by the NCAA in corruption. Pay to play is not a solid foundation on which to build a world class team. The data shows this but the greedy heads of US Soccer don't care. So don't discount athletes because of an organization.
As for VT/UVA, it is what it is. UVA has to sit there and take it through the fall. The rest of the year, VT can't even find its feet.
Wrestling is another of those sports that needs more of a drive in younger arenas. Many kids, who could be great wrestlers, aren't even introduced to the sport until 12-13. For most that is years too late.

Wrestling won't ever be a staple (like in Eastern Europe and the Middle East) in America for a multitude of reasons. A late introduction to the sport isn't the reason why. We won't get into this on here, but believe me, introduction late to the sport isn't what has held the US back in World Championships in freestyle wrestling.

Reactions: taz-dog
Wrestling won't ever be a staple (like in Eastern Europe and the Middle East) in America for a multitude of reasons. A late introduction to the sport isn't the reason why. We won't get into this on here, but believe me, introduction late to the sport isn't what has held the US back in World Championships in freestyle wrestling.
Yes, obviously no one is allowed to make any assessment on wrestling but you. No one else could bring any reasonable conclusion/opinion to the table. Sure, my bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT