ADVERTISEMENT

WOW...in Four Games They Have Given Up 244 Points!

Nov 8, 2014
I was just randomly looking over the various standings and game across 3A Conference 29 and saw Fort Defiance has given up 244 points in only 4 games (only 35 points scored). 61 points per game average...WOW! Are they playing with 10 players? What is going on there? The next highest points given up in the conference is 131 by Broadway. Is Fort Defiance that over matched? Not from that area, so was just wondering if anyone on the board could speak to it. I am wondering, what is the record for the most points given up in a season?

The first three opponents they faced are 2A teams, so this isn't a case of Fort punching above its weight. They just aren't very good. I hate to say that about a high school team, but they really aren't good. It can't be blamed on the athletes, they come and go no matter where you are. The problem is either ineffective coaching or poor community support. For a team to be this bad for this long, it's probably both.

They were losing 50-0 at halftime of their first game vs. Buffalo Gap.. a good team no denying, but a team that traditionally is a run, run, run some more style offense. So to give up 50 points like that is pretty bad.

I was just randomly looking over the various standings and game across 3A Conference 29 and saw Fort Defiance has given up 244 points in only 4 games (only 35 points scored). 61 points per game average...WOW! Are they playing with 10 players? What is going on there? The next highest points given up in the conference is 131 by Broadway. Is Fort Defiance that over matched? Not from that area, so was just wondering if anyone on the board could speak to it. I am wondering, what is the record for the most points given up in a season?
They have had some trouble getting all their athletes out for football the past few years, and they haven't had a huge talent pool to choose from as of late, and to make things worse, their captain and best player transferred to Fishburne after their first scrimmage. While they arent loaded with talent in the school, there are still a few athletes roaming the hallways not on the team. Fort is traditionally a school with lots of school spirit and they tend to support their teams fairly well. I look for this to be coach rolfe's last season, and the Fort program hasn't been remotely competitive since Spitzer left. Fort used to be tough, and had some good teams in the 90s and early 00s, they are in a down cycle for football right now though for sure. All of their programs will likely take a step down now, as they lost a lot in girls basketball when good and byrd graduated, and i look for the boys team to be on the lower end of the standings this year as they lost a lot. Down cycle for the indians. Apparently the JV football game just got their first win in 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT