ADVERTISEMENT

Wow! Sounds like JM/MV was a fantastic game.

Great Game. Tied at 28 at halftime, MV took the 2nd half kickoff and went to the JM 1 and JM's D held them from scoring. Then JM put 10 points on the board in the 3rd and early 4th quarters and was driving for the game clinching score when they fumbled on the MV 2 yard line with less than 7 minutes to go. MV drove 98 yards to score making it 38-35 with about 3:25 left. With 3 TO's left they kicked deep, the ball got over JM's deep man's head and MV tackled him on the 12. MV's D got a 3 an out and took the punt and started the last drive on JM's 40. A few running plays got them down to the JM9 1st and goal. On 2nd down, Hairston busted up the middle making it 41-38 with 1:32 to go. JM picked up one 1st down but MV finally put this slugfest to an end by taking over on downs on JM's 40, kneeling once to end the game. Congrats to MV for displaying a never say die attitude when it would have been easy to do midway thru the 4th quarter. Also congrats to JM on a good season, it was easy to see why you are almost always playing this time of year. Your kids played with a lot of heart, they're very talented and well coached. Awesome game to watch, just wished the weather had been a little better!! Way to go Warriors, on to Lynchburg, give it your all and make the MV Nation proud!
This post was edited on 12/6 9:55 PM by hrsepasture1

It would have been easy/understandable for Vista to give up down 38-28 and JM with a goal-to-go situation, but they keep playing till the end.

One other note, JM's receivers got behind the Vista D on SEVERAL occasions but either the QB overthrew the pass or the receiver dropped it. JM could have had at least 3 TD's that weren't...Magna Vista was both good and lucky today!

One last note, would the Vista fans who keep calling for the backup QB to come in after every bad pass from McGuire please STOP, McGuire put the offense on his back for that 98 yard drive to get Vista back in the game in the 4th.

FC, I was thinking the same thing. McGuire has only thrown for 2500 or so yards this year but to hear some of the fans you would have thought he was the worst QB in the world. We were playing a pretty darn good ball team today, I'm sure they have made a lot of good QB's look average. Main thing is McGuire came thru when it counted and has us going to Lynchburg next week.

The only time I would have liked to seen Tre in at qb was near the goalline on the 1st drive after halftime. I think he could have bulldozed into the endzone just because I think he loves contact lol. Other than that did you see how McGuire never got excited on those last drives, converting 3 and 10 and even 4th and 10. There is no doubt he is the man for the job. I think alot of his miscues today was just that Monroe DBs see that offense everyday and they knew the slants and what coverage to play. Every QB will mess up every now and then, but when you got a qb that messes up then brings your team back from 10 down with 4 mins left you should stick with that guy. Lets Go Warriors!

Couldn't agree with you more, ridge98, and yes I will agree that putting 17 in near the goal would have been a good move too. I am really impressed by McGuire and hope that he is getting some consideration from colleges.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT