ADVERTISEMENT

X-Cross sighting?

RedPrideNation_RollPride

VaPreps All District
Oct 13, 2014
Just figured I would ask if anyone was able to spot the elusive X-Cross at the game on Saturday? No video evidence exists but the rumor is that he may have drove his tractor to the game.

Either way I miss all the people that are normally on here jawing. Lots of football to watch with these game being streamed on FB and NFHS. It’s interesting to see some matchups that I wouldn’t normally be capable of attending in person.

Back on topic, if spotted please use extreme caution so as not to spook him....and photographic evidence may be worth large quantities of Monopoly money!

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
monopoly money, we giving straight cash homie, we already offered free meals and entrance to the ball game, he is va preps hide and seek champion, rumor has it he traded in the tractor for a scooter cause of the price of fuel these days, I heard x-cross autograph on ebay is going at a high rate these days.

@RedPrideNation_RollPride Ya I miss the banter shared between many on these boards. Football drives passion, and a lot on here are full of it for their teams.

Is C. Armstrong able to play this season? I only ask because the delay to the start I hope allows him to be healthy enough to play. He is a great kid and i enjoy watching him play. He and his family have been in my prayers.

Missed the game ! I was told it was an away game and by he time I got back to Greenville it was dark ! Made some cash that paid for my tractor fuel by placing a bet that the Red Team would win . Watched it live on U Tube at midnight and the Gladiators pulled it out . Not sure how they did earlier it the day but the late game was great .

I watched the game as well. I counted 476 players for Riverheads on the sidelines. Good thing our Mr. Bond has ties to the Red Team so i guess math isn't really considered important in Greenville....

In other news, no one beats this team this year locally or in 1A.

I watched the game as well. I counted 476 players for Riverheads on the sidelines. Good thing our Mr. Bond has ties to the Red Team so i guess math isn't really considered important in Greenville....

In other news, no one beats this team this year locally or in 1A.
Lol, that must be some of that Fishersville math you were using. I think there are 48 or so on the team and they have looked decent. The defense is ahead of where it usually is at two games into a season which helps. I have watched a lot of games from out of the area as well and there are a few teams that can and will compete with this group. I like the chances for a ring but anything can and will happen in craziness like we are going through. There appears to be light at the end of the tunnel I just hope it’s not a train......

Lol, that must be some of that Fishersville math you were using. I think there are 48 or so on the team and they have looked decent. The defense is ahead of where it usually is at two games into a season which helps. I have watched a lot of games from out of the area as well and there are a few teams that can and will compete with this group. I like the chances for a ring but anything can and will happen in craziness like we are going through. There appears to be light at the end of the tunnel I just hope it’s not a train......
the light at the end of the tunnel, maybe its XROSS,s lights from his tractor, hopefully we get 1 of our many many rbs healthy here soon, aiden miller

My tractor has flashing Red lights ! You will know if it's me . lol
I watched the JV game on YouTube and it looked to me like the young kids finally realized they could not just show up but they have to make their own mark . Hats off to the coaches . Great Job !
I hope the Friday game is on YouTube , No rooftops to sit on @ Fort . Go Big Red !!!!!!!!!!

I never claimed to be an expert on the Red team, but i have always considered the 2012 team with Logan Moore as a Sr. to be the best team they put on the field. They didn't win a title that year but they were loaded. That same year we happened to have the best team we ever fielded and it was 2 dogfight games that came down to the wire when we faced off. We should have gotten a ring that year but we didn't have a Coach Casto on the sideline.

I think this years team tops that one. I give the 2012 team Offensive line the nod and the kicking game but outside of that this 2021 team is extremely impressive.

I have seen every Wilson/Riverheads game this Sr. class has played since they were 8 years old. I tell everyone the defense of Riverheads and the discipline in season and out is what sets them apart. Not only is the Sr. class tough, the foundation is set for many years to come..... I really hope Coach Casto wins the lottery and retires at some point.

Pure talent wise across the board, do you guys have certain classes that you just knew they were that good of a team even if it didn't end in a title?

I absolutely agree about the 2012 team being special but the 2016 team was on par if not slightly better IMO. As for this “2020” version, they are right in that mix too. The thing about the 2016 team was that most people around the program had picked that year as the title run. When they went a year early in 2015 and almost stole one in a game that Galax was clearly better, we all knew whoever they faced in Salem in 2016 was going to take a decent one.

We have been blessed with a Virginia Hall of Fame level coaching staff along with a youth feeder program that does it’s best to prepare them for what is needed at the HS level. I would argue that the youth program isn’t anymore successful than other area teams but the HS coaches put them in the right roles to contribute when they get them. Evaluation and utilization of talent is where Casto and his staff are phenomenal at.

Reactions: Bama1985
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT