ADVERTISEMENT

Your Mt Rushmore

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
We often debate who the best coach, who the best player was but we are going to get a bit more specific in this debate.

We are all fans of this or that school... If you could build a Mt Rushmore of the best in your football programs history, who would make the cut?

There are rules with this...
1 must be a head coach
1 must be a defensive player
1 must be an offensive player
1 can be a special teams, defense or offensive player... a wild card if you will.

So who makes your schools Mt Rushmore?

Bill Dee (No Brainer)
Xavier Adibi=Defense (Tough but he gets my nod over a really great group of players)
Antoine Womack=Offense (Easy Selection)
Elan Lewis= (Wanted to put a few others as the wild card but you can't talk Phoebus Football without talking about Elan Lewis)

Reactions: SpartanOfYore
Bill Dee (No Brainer)
Xavier Adibi=Defense (Tough but he gets my nod over a really great group of players)
Antoine Womack=Offense (Easy Selection)
Elan Lewis= (Wanted to put a few others as the wild card but you can't talk Phoebus Football without talking about Elan Lewis)
That is an awesome list when Tahj Boyd can't even crack it

Reactions: lyhsports
That is an awesome list when Tahj Boyd can't even crack it
Awesome is a great word to use to describe the talent that has competed in those gold helmets. Tahj is definitely one of the players under consideration in regards to offensive prowess but the two I selected are record breaking players and arguably the greatest players in the State history at their respective positions. To me it was somewhat harder to choose a defensive player because the staple of the program has been defense (Most Underrated Assistant Coach may possibly be Greg Narvid). Xavier and his brother Nathanial and so many more (Dominick Davenport/Micah Littlejon/Phillip Brown/Petey Whitfield) I could really go on but Xavier dominated at multiple positions (DE early and LB late) along with setting the standard for what dominating play looks like at Phoebus. So many former players have expressed how happy they are that Coach Bill Dee has made the Hall Of Fame. That football program means everything to the Phoebus community and Bill Dee is the Chief Executive Architect that gave our community something to bond over and to be proud of. That program, the style of play was a true extension of who he was as a person and a coach!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT