ADVERTISEMENT

Your suggestions are needed!

1. Hermitage due to its uniqueness. Only one side seating but plenty of seats to hold a big game.
2. Highland Springs. Best game day atmosphere in the 804, smells like a 4th of July cookout and it’s brand new.
3. Powhatan’s stadium may be the nicest in the whole area.
4. I like the Chesterfield County Schools stadiums. Bird is hands down the best but Monacan is next in line. All Henrico Schools have artificial turf but Chesterfield has natural grass.
HSHS fans and HSFAA puts on a tailgate cookout in the parking lot that is 2nd to none! Equipped with a trailer sized grill and a DJ with concert sized speakers! Once you've got your belly full and your jam on there may be a in discretionary (in a red solo cup) beer to be had. The coolers are full of whatever you might want to drink! Then we have an 8,000-seat stadium that is well equipped for a great game! From what I understand, it accommodates the the largest crowd size in the area. All of the other schools seat 5,000.

Riverheads vs Lord botetourt will be a great game, lots of fireworks, and potential to see the state record for most consecutive wins at 53, week 3 in the schedule GO BIG RED

Riverheads vs Lord botetourt will be a great game, lots of fireworks, and potential to see the state record for most consecutive wins at 53, week 3 in the schedule GO BIG RED
That sounds like a good choice. Thank you. The only catch is that I visited LB for a scrimmage a few years ago, and I was trying to go to totally new places. But, I’ve wanted to see Riverheads, and I’ve got a couple of friends at LB, including Coach Harless.

I think I’ll make this my week three trip. Thank you sir.

Reactions: Bama1985
That sounds like a good choice. Thank you. The only catch is that I visited LB for a scrimmage a few years ago, and I was trying to go to totally new places. But, I’ve wanted to see Riverheads, and I’ve got a couple of friends at LB, including Coach Harless.

I think I’ll make this my week three trip. Thank you sir.
Its at riverheads, we will love to have ya, good to meet people from VA preps

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
That will take a little more “arranging” on my part, but I am going to plan to be there. It’s close to a three hour drive for me.

Let the time get closer and I’ll let you know my plans. And yes, I would love to meet you, and any other Preps followers. Thank you.

That will take a little more “arranging” on my part, but I am going to plan to be there. It’s close to a three hour drive for me.

Let the time get closer and I’ll let you know my plans. And yes, I would love to meet you, and any other Preps followers. Thank you.

If we may get lucky we can meet the famous XCROSS, he is the Bigfoot on va preps, u read his posts from August till mid december,then he hibernates, literally he hibernates all year cause no one has ever seen him, and no one knows who he is, he likes to get members on preps wound up with some of his comments, so we will see, can't wait to get the season started, GO BIG RED

Well gang, my plans have changed. I was asked to help out on Friday nights at the Dinwiddie stadium. I used to be heavily involved but took a hiatus for personal reasons. I was honored to be asked to return and help out, and could not say no.

In the past, I have had the pleasure of meeting several of you folks when you visited Dinwiddie. I hope that any of you that attend a game at our field will stop by the press booth and say hello. I would love to see you.

Well gang, my plans have changed. I was asked to help out on Friday nights at the Dinwiddie stadium. I used to be heavily involved but took a hiatus for personal reasons. I was honored to be asked to return and help out, and could not say no.

In the past, I have had the pleasure of meeting several of you folks when you visited Dinwiddie. I hope that any of you that attend a game at our field will stop by the press booth and say hello. I would love to see you.
Hey DP any plans to come to Lynchburg for the Heritage-Dinwiddie game at City Stadium on 9/2?

I just looked at City Stadium on Google Earth. You ain’t kidding, that’s an impressive looking place.

OC the last time I remember city stadium being filled to capacity was back in the mid to late 90's when GW Danville and Glass were playing and they were ranked #1 and #2 in the state. Of course I'm not there every week but it was the biggest crowd I have ever seen there.

I assume that is the home field for Heritage? Does any other High School use it?

DP, I see both sides of this coin. I am also heavily involved in supporting Westfield and, in doing so, miss out on opportunities to see other programs and games. However, the many of us who volunteer are what makes the Fridays so great for the community (and ourselves) so there is something to be said for that as well. Enjoy your team's season and good luck!

DP, I see both sides of this coin. I am also heavily involved in supporting Westfield and, in doing so, miss out on opportunities to see other programs and games. However, the many of us who volunteer are what makes the Fridays so great for the community (and ourselves) so there is something to be said for that as well. Enjoy your team's season and good luck!
Very well stated, my friend. I have missed being with my friends on Friday nights, and sharing the feeling that we are contributing. As a byproduct of home games, many of us catch every away game and try to meet for a pregame meal at some local restaurant. I really, really, miss that. And one of the best parts of that is bumping into fans from the home team and sharing a few minutes of football talk. And as all of you that travel to away games with friends know, the back and forth during the car ride is stuff of legends. Heaven help you if it’s your night in the hot seat.

My best to you and Westfield for a wonderful season.

Mike, to clarify, since you use you private helicopter or jet for travel to away games, the rest us us, us worker ants, we travel in cars. And diner for us is at local joint, not catered as yours is in your private suite. I know that you seldom have reason to consider how us minions live, so I wanted to be sure you understood.

(Sorry pal, you know I haven’t poked the bear this year!)

Has city stadium ever been filled to capacity for a regular season game? Maybe @VolNation85 may know too.
I have been in the Lynchburg area for the past 20 years and I have not seen it at capacity in that time. I can't speak on anything before that. But it has been near capacity for some of the Jug Bowl games between Heritage-Glass!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT