ADVERTISEMENT

Fuqua 28, IWA 27

Falcons 06

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 23, 2006
Falcons come back from 27-14 at the half to dominate the second half to beat IWA in a classic.

This post was edited on 9/26 9:47 PM by Falcons 06

How is Fuqua allowed to play repeat seniors when no one does? With out those two, Fuqua would not have much. Heard some kind of shakeup in the VCC. Anybody got details?

If Fuqua is playing repeat seniors, it is absolutely illegal and they would be playing an ineligible player, resulting in forfeits. What players are you talking about? It clearly states in VISAA rules that if a students attends a single class as a senior, that year will be his last year of eligibility. If schools allow players to reclassify, it must be done before a student ever attends a day of school as a senior. Definitely worth checking into

They were reclassed last August (2013) before the school year began. He was cleared by both the state and by the VCC. All schools are aware of the situation. No illegal activities have occurred.

Tough loss for IWA after letting a commanding lead in the
first half slip away. Credit Fuqua
coaches for making better adjustments to exploit miss-matches in the IWA
secondary to inch their way back into the game.

IWA failed to score in the second half as football fundamental
errors sabotaged periodic moments of excellent play. IWA had 'multiple' dropped passes, had missed
coverages, and lacked an understanding of basic rules of the game to prevent
IWA from sealing the win.

Credit the IWA players however for playing hard every play and
almost pulling out a last minute drive. Once
again, the offensive line played well for IWA and Alec Edwards literally carried
the team on his shoulders to the point of exhaustion.

Unfortunately, referee's calls seemed very lopsided in
Fuquas favor and it did have an impact on the final result. However Fuqua deserves a lot of credit for
pulling off an exciting win.

And let me add one more thing...Both are still 17 years old.

IWA did have so tough drops late in the game. QB is a player. No question about it.

Originally posted by Falcons 06:
They were reclassed last August (2013) before the school year began.
Pretty convienient, eh? If you don't think that's a bit shady, I don't know what to say . . .

I hear they tried to pull a fast one on the VCC. Then lawyered up when they got caught. It is a rumor that Fuqua is now the lone school in the old VCC, and all the others schools left and formed a new conference due to Fuqua's actions. The state level needs to look into Fuqua's actions a little closer.

The VISAA was contacted prior to the "fast one." It is my understanding Mr. Kemper found no fault in the reclassifying of the kids. I found the whole situation lacking transparency on the conference's part. For example, where do I find a copy of the VCC Bylaws? On their website? On member schools' website?
Educators and adults....

So in the interest of "transparency," why don't you share with the rest of us the intricate details of this story? That way we can all know and judge for ourselves.

If you are looking for the VCC constitution, I am sure you could ask your institution (presumably Fuqua School) for a copy. The VCC does not have a website. I did notice that the VCC page on the Fuqua site was removed. Maybe it used to be there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT